shape
carat
color
clarity

Uh-oh my husband ruined his birthday surprise and he doesn''t even know it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I think it''ll be awesome. Vintage cars are different from new cars, so I think he''ll be incredibly surprised! You''re a wonderful wife for doing something that awesome for him!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
It''s okay Italia, just give him a purse this year.

Well, okay, maybe put the keys to the new car inside.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
It''s not ruined, Italia, it''s just more fun for both of you to have (you can race your new cars!
9.gif
). Hope all goes well today.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I wish I had your problems!
20.gif

9.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
please post some pics of these two beautiful cars.
36.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Well....he
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
the car. And the surprise floored him. He was pretty much speechless and in awe, he kept saying "what, what".

The car is a midnight blue XJS v12 with tan leather. It''s lovely, well maintained, runs great. It''s a sexy car.

We did not bring it home with us, though. Mark wants an independent party to look the car over...outside of the jag dealership where it''s been looked after.

We''re 90% sure this is the car...but a few more details and we''ll know for sure.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2009 8:15:10 AM
Author: Gotgold
It''s fun to see different perspectives of different people, makes me curious how you grew up. In my family we had rules: No new cars, don''t buy retail unless you have to, always try to raise your net worth; investments are key.

My family also had a bit of a rough life to get that strict though, maybe we''re just a group aside from the rest.

Well either way, good luck.
I felt like I should respond to this because you did touch on a valid point...although I don''t need to defend my actions, or how I spend my money...for the sake of understanding, I''ll lay it out...

Our success is not an accident, we both work very hard to enjoy the finer things in life. It''s just the two of us...my husband and I...we don''t have children. We have money in the bank. Own a home, a medical building, and a condo. Our priorities are in line with our current lifestyle...if things were to change, we''d readjust. We enjoy certian things in life...things that may not always be the best buy for the long term...but if we don''t have our little pleasures then what is all the work really for?

Everyone, every family, needs a plan that works for them...if you have extra''s, then you have extras. I would never dream of doing anything we couldn''t afford, I''d never jump into debt over a car. Just because we splurge doesn''t mean we''re wreckless or any different than you, we just have different things we value and enjoy.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/12/2009 3:41:45 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Well....he
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
the car. And the surprise floored him. He was pretty much speechless and in awe, he kept saying ''what, what''.

The car is a midnight blue XJS v12 with tan leather. It''s lovely, well maintained, runs great. It''s a sexy car.

We did not bring it home with us, though. Mark wants an independent party to look the car over...outside of the jag dealership where it''s been looked after.

We''re 90% sure this is the car...but a few more details and we''ll know for sure.
OOOOH XJS!!!!!! We were thinking of one, we have one Jag which we love but also very fond of the XJS, very sexy car!!! Good idea to have it looked over by a pro, they do have issues - I was discussing them with my Jag mechanic recently but hopefully you have found a good one!!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
YESS.....!!! I had a feeling you were return to tell us he was SURPRISED!!! That''s great...really great. I can''t wait to hear how he responds to his bday trip!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think he took your thunder. This just proves how incredibly right you guys for each other. It''s actually really perfect. He will geta new toy and so do you!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/12/2009 3:50:34 PM

Date: 7/12/2009 8:15:10 AM
Author: Gotgold
It''s fun to see different perspectives of different people, makes me curious how you grew up. In my family we had rules: No new cars, don''t buy retail unless you have to, always try to raise your net worth; investments are key.

My family also had a bit of a rough life to get that strict though, maybe we''re just a group aside from the rest.

Well either way, good luck.
I felt like I should respond to this because you did touch on a valid point...although I don''t need to defend my actions, or how I spend my money...for the sake of understanding, I''ll lay it out...

Our success is not an accident, we both work very hard to enjoy the finer things in life. It''s just the two of us...my husband and I...we don''t have children. We have money in the bank. Own a home, a medical building, and a condo. Our priorities are in line with our current lifestyle...if things were to change, we''d readjust. We enjoy certian things in life...things that may not always be the best buy for the long term...but if we don''t have our little pleasures then what is all the work really for?

Everyone, every family, needs a plan that works for them...if you have extra''s, then you have extras. I would never dream of doing anything we couldn''t afford, I''d never jump into debt over a car. Just because we splurge doesn''t mean we''re wreckless or any different than you, we just have different things we value and enjoy.
how true!! can''t take it with ya.
9.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2009 9:16:36 PM
Author: ckrickett
I don''t think he took your thunder. This just proves how incredibly right you guys for each other. It''s actually really perfect. He will geta new toy and so do you!
DITTO!!!

Lori

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2009 3:41:45 PM
Well....he
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
the car. And the surprise floored him. He was pretty much speechless and in awe, he kept saying ''what, what''.

Yay! I knew he would be just as surprised. Keep us updated and I''d love to see pics of your new cars.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I missed this thread, but am so happy your husband loved the surprise and the car! Please keep us up to date--I have no doubt this car will check out and will be something your husband will LOVE!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Glad he liked the car!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IHC
pics ?
36.gif
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 12:38:39 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
IHC
pics ?
36.gif
36.gif
I know, DancingFire, this thread is worthless without pics! Italia, what fun is it to tell us about your super awesome car purchases if you don''t show them off with pics so the rest of us can enjoy?????? What gives?
9.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 11:31:25 AM
Author: monarch64

IHC
pics ?
36.gif
36.gif
I know, DancingFire, this thread is worthless without pics! Italia, what fun is it to tell us about your super awesome car purchases if you don''t show them off with pics so the rest of us can enjoy?????? What gives?
9.gif
Honestly, I just haven''t had the time my school finishes up this week and I''m slammed at work which is the price of taking a weeks vacation.

And we don''t have the jag yet at home to take pictures of...it''s going to the dealership Thursday, so we''ll know more then--and hopefully, if all goes well, I''ll have some pictures to share.

Those two things make me a bad poster...but I promise you, the LR3...well, it''s an LR3...silver, HSE model fully loaded, black leather. It''s pretty, but I''d feel really indulgent posting pictures of my car here. It''s special to me...but I figure it''s just a Land Rover you all probably see driving down the street everyday...who really cares.

Although, I will say, I''m enjoying the fun features like the air ride suspension, I can raise it up and lower it down...that''s pretty fun. I also am digging the navigation system...instead of the "girl" voice that''s pretty standard, I have this guy with a British accent telling me where to go. And I think the panoramic roof is interesting, too.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Italia you guys pull off some pretty awesome surprises!

I''m glad he liked the car!!! And I''m glad you continued with your plan. I don''t think it would have come across as stealing his thunder anyway, as you guys don''t sound like that type at all.

Weren''t you planning a trip to Vegas for him too? Or am I mixing you up with someone else? If you still are (or were, if it already happened), I think he''d be super floored after all that.

Either way, I think it''s awesome that you''re able to do these things for each other. You''re great for scouting out such a good vintage find for him.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 12:19:30 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries

I''m glad he liked the car!!! And I''m glad you continued with your plan. I don''t think it would have come across as stealing his thunder anyway, as you guys don''t sound like that type at all.

Weren''t you planning a trip to Vegas for him too? Or am I mixing you up with someone else? If you still are (or were, if it already happened), I think he''d be super floored after all that.

Either way, I think it''s awesome that you''re able to do these things for each other. You''re great for scouting out such a good vintage find for him.
No, we''re still going to Vegas in mid-August (only a couple more weeks until I level the real shocker
27.gif
)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad he liked the car! I can''t WAIT to hear his reaction to the Vegas trip! You are so awesome.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 11:54:12 AM

IHC
pics ?
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
Honestly, I just haven''t had the time my school finishes up this week and I''m slammed at work which is the price of taking a weeks vacation.

And we don''t have the jag yet at home to take pictures of...it''s going to the dealership Thursday, so we''ll know more then--and hopefully, if all goes well, I''ll have some pictures to share.

Those two things make me a bad poster...but I promise you, the LR3...well, it''s an LR3...silver, HSE model fully loaded, black leather. It''s pretty, but I''d feel really indulgent posting pictures of my car here. It''s special to me...but I figure it''s just a Land Rover you all probably see driving down the street everyday...who really cares.

Although, I will say, I''m enjoying the fun features like the air ride suspension, I can raise it up and lower it down...that''s pretty fun. I also am digging the navigation system...instead of the ''girl'' voice that''s pretty standard, I have this guy with a British accent telling me where to go. And I think the panoramic roof is interesting, too.
POST THE DAMN PICTURES - PLEASE!!!!

Some of us are dying to see it
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 1:05:25 PM
Author: Gailey

Date: 7/14/2009 11:54:12 AM

IHC
pics ?
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif

Although, I will say, I''m enjoying the fun features like the air ride suspension, I can raise it up and lower it down...that''s pretty fun. I also am digging the navigation system...instead of the ''girl'' voice that''s pretty standard, I have this guy with a British accent telling me where to go. And I think the panoramic roof is interesting, too.
POST THE DAMN PICTURES - PLEASE!!!!

Some of us are dying to see it
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Haha...okay, okay. I am actually taking an extended weekend (Thursday and Friday off)...so I will try my best to snap some pictures and post them! Pinkie swear!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
You guys should really adopt me!
9.gif
Your story reminded me of O. Henry''s The Gift of the Magi. If you''ve never read it, here''s a link. Very cute!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 12:52:39 PM

Date: 7/14/2009 12:19:30 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries

No, we''re still going to Vegas in mid-August (only a couple more weeks until I level the real shocker
27.gif
)
Yay!!!! I agree, that''ll be the real shocker there!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2009 10:56:03 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
I missed this thread, but am so happy your husband loved the surprise and the car! Please keep us up to date--I have no doubt this car will check out and will be something your husband will LOVE!
Ditto! And I can''t wait to see pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results