• Yes, they are hideous

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • No, I love my hands

Votes: 20 48.8%

• Total voters

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely find myself avoiding oil though. I can't eat fast food or even anything out really because I have come home with my lip swelling after eating out. And anytime I let my dad or my MIL cook I get breakouts and red skin at minimum. Both are oil users. Then i come home to my oil-less cooking and not eating out. After a few days I am my normal colour with no extra problems for my face.
That sounds like food sensitivity. Have you ever tried to narrow down what could be causing your reaction or did allergy testing? I doubt you need to eliminate all oils from your diet.

My oldest has a food sensitivity to soy. Most processed food, fast food and many restaurants use soy in some shape, be it soybean oil, soy lecithin, soy flour or soy-based seasoning or flavoring. I have to manage his food very closely or he gets very similar symptoms to what you described. Swollen lips, rashes to the point he bleeds from scratching, hives and intestinal issues.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, this is not something I ever think about! I just want my hands to function. I moved last month and as I was signing off for the movers while the guy held the clipboard for me, he said, "you have tiny hands!" I was astonished. I said "I can reach OVER an octave, thankyouverymuch! No one has ever said that to me before!" And we laughed. So subjective, appearances.

I guess I've always liked my hands, like, I can't find anything wrong with them.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was often told in my 20’s & 30’s that I should be a hand model. I had the most beautiful skin, long thin fingers & naturally beautiful, squared off fingernails that were always polished. No matter how busy life got, I always made time to polish my nails. But now... urgh! The skin on the back of my hands looks crepey if I hold my fingers out straight, I have developed a mild form of Reynauds which causes them to get very cold in winter, then swell, sting & turn bright red/purple as they start to warm up, and my nails have also taken a hit. They have very minor dents appear during the cold, which after billions of blood tests a couple of winters ago, I was told was merely due to the cold interrupting the circulation & consequently the growth at the matrix, and will probably be me going forward during the colder months. This affects my toenails also. My finger nails are dry & snap easily. I still polish the crap out of them though. I am never properly dressed without a colour on my nails, plus it covers the very slight pits & ridges.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't love them but I don't hate them. Also- they're better than my feet! :lol-2:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds like food sensitivity. Have you ever tried to narrow down what could be causing your reaction or did allergy testing? I doubt you need to eliminate all oils from your diet.

My oldest has a food sensitivity to soy. Most processed food, fast food and many restaurants use soy in some shape, be it soybean oil, soy lecithin, soy flour or soy-based seasoning or flavoring. I have to manage his food very closely or he gets very similar symptoms to what you described. Swollen lips, rashes to the point he bleeds from scratching, hives and intestinal issues.

You would think right? But we actually did our own home test using different oils to see if I had redness and break out improvement. I didn't. Then we just quit with oil entirely and after a few days I had normal looking skin for the first time in years aside from the healing breakouts. We had always just blamed my bad skin on being a teenager and just having skin that didn't want to grow out of that. So I just don't use it topically and I try to avoid ingesting it except when I have to because someone else is cooking for me.

You are right I should get some testing done to be done though to be positive. You could be right that something else is going on. Maybe an interaction of a couple things. I'm glad your son has you to help him figure out what is safe for him to eat! I wish we had realised something about my food causes problems much earlier than 24.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3B504036-79A7-4B48-A1D1-48B133893A5C.jpeg Beat these hands.
Sigh, black nail polish catastrophe at 2am this morning in the bathroom which I tried to clean up and no nail polish remover in the house.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yikes Bron! I did reply in another thread about this. One day it will be funny but this is not the day!

We should never hate anything about ourselves - especially parts that work! Everything ages and while the look is not always appealing, it is well earned. As time goes by, you realize that you are not 20 anymore and never will be again. I always chuckle a bit at the work women have done to their faces - but their hands never lie about their age!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was younger I thought that I had nice hands. But now in my early 60s, I have wrinkly old ladies hands. 20180922_143921.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interestingly, the first time I noticed my hands were aging was when I first joined PS 10 years ago and started taking hand shots! I thought to myself...my hands look weird lol. Needless to say, they've gotten even older looking since then. They're veiny and wrinkled...but I've been working very hard on accepting myself for how I am and not being so hard on myself, so I'm more at peace with their appearance. I've been through a few rough years, and have just gotten through a difficult family situation, and those experiences really put things in perspective for me. I focus on the good, and try not to stress about things I can't change anyway. And the good news is I like my nails, I think they have a nice shape and look pretty with polish on them! :P2

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CF74CC90-9553-4D0A-836A-41F4AE083F76.jpeg I like my 59 year old hands even with the wrinkles!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s easy to love my hands when there are so many more body parts on me that I don’t like! Lol. Lets jus leave it at that! For those of you not in love with your hands, find some other body part to love! Lol

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
When I was younger I thought that I had nice hands. But now in my early 60s, I have wrinkly old ladies hands. 20180922_143921.jpg
If it helps I think you still have beautiful hands!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jordyb, it’s official...you are now THE hand model for PS!:appl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate my hands. People here have told me they are pretty but oh I hate ‘um

And I’m allowed to hate them! Dont force your body positivity on me!
Some people don’t even have hands so we can could all say “we’ll be happy for what you have” um ok... but I still don’t like them.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate my hands. People here have told me they are pretty but oh I hate ‘um

And I’m allowed to hate them! Dont force your body positivity on me!
Some people don’t even have hands so we can could all say “we’ll be happy for what you have” um ok... but I still don’t like them.
\

I agree. We should feel how we feel about stuff and sometimes positivity is not helpful.

letmefeelmyfeelings.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, I tried when the edit option was still open and could not see how to do it : (

No worries @Jimmianne. It's probably better with less choices anyway.

I had to vote the hideous route since that might be 51% of the time for me and 49% they are OK. :P2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3B504036-79A7-4B48-A1D1-48B133893A5C.jpeg Beat these hands.
Sigh, black nail polish catastrophe at 2am this morning in the bathroom which I tried to clean up and no nail polish remover in the house.

Oh no @Bron357 ! How are you doing now? I hope you were able to successfully and safely remove all of it from your hands and nails and ring!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about man hands? :mrgreen2:

I don't think mine are hideous - but they might be a bit worn for a 30 year old guy. Apparently my hand is 'nurse ****' though :lol: 3470DB6E-.jpg

Now these are Man Hands that are good looking.:kiss:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont hate my hands...but I wouldnt say I love them either. They're fine. Nothing to brag. More importantly, they work great
and have 10 appendages that I can hang sparkly things on!:kiss2:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not like my hands...they are old and wrinkly and I am starting to get old age spots...and what I really hate is my short fat fingers....I am 4'10 1/2" tall and weight 103.5 lbs and I wear a size 7.5 ring I so envy you people with long, slender fingers...rant over lol...

Sunnybopeep

Rough_Rock
I can’t say that I hate my hands, but I really do not like them... In my recent thread where I posted my ering, a lot of commenters told me that I shouldn’t feel so negatively about my hands. I really appreciated that, so I’m trying to find good things about them now!

My hands are very, very small. It’s difficult to tell from hand shots only because the length of my fingers is proportional to the palm (well kind of), but they’re tiny. The bones in my hands are small, so I don’t have pronounced knuckles anywhere... which causes them to look puffy and squishy. I keep my nails long (luckily, I have healthy, strong nails) just so that they’ll look even minutely longer. It works!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most women are too hard on themselves.

@junebug17 is right about life throwing things at us that put everything in perspective. My hands aren’t attractive anymore but I sure like how they feel when my husband holds my hand or when I use them to comfort and help loved ones.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in the I don't hate them but I don't love them either. Could be worse, could be better. My only wish is that my fingers were smaller. It makes your diamond look so much bigger!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aw shucks @Jimmianne and @missy you two are going to make my head so big that I won't be able to get through the door :oops:

I wanted to get finger tattoos saying 'LOVE OPAL' but my wife said no :lol:

Attachments

• 20190303_183417.jpg
    20190303_183417.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 21

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw shucks @Jimmianne and @missy you two are going to make my head so big that I won't be able to get through the door :oops:

I wanted to get finger tattoos saying 'LOVE OPAL' but my wife said no :lol:

Unless your wife's name is Opal then I have to agree with her. :cheeky:

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
My mother wanted a diamond ring her entire life but always prioritized other things while my parents were younger and on more of a budget. By the time my dad was ready to buy her a ring without her financial objections, I think she was in her 50s. She said no, saying, “What? On these old hands?” And that was that. She went without her lifelong dream because she thought her hands were too old and ugly.

I don’t know about you, but I think that’s both silly and sad. I certainly can’t be accused of making the same mistake, lol. Now that I think about it, it may be the only thing I learned from her mistakes instead of my own :wink2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I first joined Pricescope, I was so surprised at all the disparaging remarks about posters own hands. I don’t think I’d ever thought about whether hands were pretty or not. Although, I do remember an old boyfriend’s sister telling me I have carrot fingers :roll

I’ve always loved my grandma’s hands and they would not qualify as “pretty” for sure. Even now, sitting with her holding hands is one of my favorite things. I hope my hands age just like hers.

F5D3C314-3783-4F27-A8EA-50D0A10C2CE0.jpeg
I love this! What a sweet grandma! I think you’re pretty special too! :kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
23751147-71BA-4446-96E1-DC88638006E4.jpeg
I definitely have the ugliest hands on PS. They started getting crepey early on. My hands look like the hands of 95 year old. I inherited them from my mom..I bend my fingers down when I take a pic because they smooth out a little then..I have Raynauds too and very dry skin.. :(2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results