shape
carat
color
clarity

ugh, I''ve got shrinkage

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
wow, is this what you all have been talking about?

All of a sudden my rather large pear is looking small. The cure? I go put it in the safe deposit box for a month until it resumes its former size. Thank you pricescopers for this bit of information.

widget

Ideal_Rock
I think another cure...or perhaps reprieve...from shrinkage:

Next time you''re hanging with a friend, out to lunch or something, have her wear your ring for a while. Somehow seeing your stone ''living'' from this slightly distant perspective makes it look bigger and even brighter than it did before...

widget

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
wow, good!

add to this. i notice that if I look at my rings/ hands in the mirror. size perspective comes back.

edited to add: i just finished a jewelry project (helzberg layaway). i wonder if this has anything to do with it.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2006 9:35:29 AM
Author: ladykemma
wow, good!

add to this. i notice that if I look at my rings/ hands in the mirror. size perspective comes back.

edited to add: i just finished a jewelry project (helzberg layaway). i wonder if this has anything to do with it.
Yep, mirrors work. I just found another way. Hold your hand out, ring side up, then twist it over and back towards you. It''s akward, but you see it at an angle like others do, and it definitely looks bigger again.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes the mirror is a great cure for shrinkage...at work on our elevator they have this shiny metal big round circle encasing the button to press for the elevator and it reflects my hand moving towards it to hit the button. it always gives me a ''wow'' perspective when i see my ring. a good daily way to combat shrinkage!!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
The mirror trick works for me too. Everytime I''m in the restroom, I would stare at my ring in the mirror. Unfortunately I''m not looking in a mirror 24/7. My shrinkage has set in pretty hard. I need that upgrade like yesterday!
39.gif

I''ll have to try Widget''s trick too. That sounds like the mirror trick but in ''real life''.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sometimes I just wear my wband alone for a few days...that does the trick!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2006 3:09:39 PM
Author: Milly
The mirror trick works for me too. Everytime I''m in the restroom, I would stare at my ring in the mirror. Unfortunately I''m not looking in a mirror 24/7. My shrinkage has set in pretty hard. I need that upgrade like yesterday!
39.gif

I''ll have to try Widget''s trick too. That sounds like the mirror trick but in ''real life''.
Milly - this is off topic, but I just read your bridesmaid situation from january (I was looking for ring pics! lol) and was wondering how it all worked out? Getting married and having babies certainly changes us and our relationships with our friends... i''m sorry that it all hurt you so much. It''s tough when we grow and our old friends do not. It doesn''t mean they weren''t friends at the time, but you just grow in different directions (or fail to grow at all).

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The other day I wore my solitaire to work. Usually I wear only my wedding band, earrings, and a cheap wrist watch. Wearing the ring was amazing! (BTW, I was responding to FireGoddess)

34.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes I go back and look at some hand shots that I''ve posted. The diamond looks so much bigger to me in the PICTURES of my hand that it really does ON my hand, LOL!

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Cures for shrinkage:
41.gif

Take off your glasses/take out your contacts. The blurry "haze" will make the stone look bigger.

Bang your hand on something to chip off about 50 points. Then you'll see how big your stone WAS.

Make a halo out of construction paper and glue it around your center stone. (Make sure to put it in the US after!)

Put a pair of really unflattering pants on it. Stirrup pants from the 80s are best.
Pants make butts look bigger, so why not diamonds?

LOL

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I notice the mirror thing too...sometimes I look down and think my diamond looks smaller than it did before to me, but then I catch it in the mirror and it looks bigger! The light reflecting off it that catches in the mirror prob helps as well : )

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/29/2006 9:24:47 AM
Author: widget
I think another cure...or perhaps reprieve...from shrinkage:

Next time you''re hanging with a friend, out to lunch or something, have her wear your ring for a while. Somehow seeing your stone ''living'' from this slightly distant perspective makes it look bigger and even brighter than it did before...

widget
Awesome idea! Except make sure she has smaller hands than you or your diamond will look even SMALLER!

Whenever my mom tries my ring on, I am amazed at how small it looks on her hand... I let a little girl try on my ring once and it looked huge on her. LOL.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whenever I don''t wear it for awhile (like when we went to Mexico for our honeymoon) I am always shocked by the size.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wore my smaller e-ring on my 10-day trip and now that I''ve got my Leon back on, it looks humongous! I think just one week in the jewelry box or safety deposit box is plenty to counter that nasty shrinkage!!! (I dont know how others can be apart from their bling for a whole month, ouch!)

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WEll I have never experienced shrinkage because I have never experienced increasage (I don''t think that is even a word). When I get my large diamond it will definitely be large to make up for 40 years of not having much bling. At least 8.5mm 2 carat I think?
12.gif
38.gif
38.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
My diamond was removed from it''s setting in late September and I won''t get it back from Quest for another 1-2 weeks! I can only imagine how HUGE it''ll look to me! Especially since the last setting it was in had a wider shank, and the new one will be much thinner.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I second the wearing of just your w-band... ive actually been doing that for the last week or so, put my ering on this morning and wa-BAM!

A whole 50 points wacked off!?!
8.gif
I would just have diamond dust left...

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
njc, with beautiful hands like yours -- I can''t see how you''d ever get shrinkage!
30.gif

I love your fiery wedding set.
30.gif
Do you ever wear your wb alone? I want a gently curved wedding band so badly!!!!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, thank you very much Julian. You are right, I haven''t gotten shrinkage (knock on wood!) and I hope I dont. I''m very content with my ring.
5.gif

I do wear my band alone sometimes and I love the way it looks. Its got just a little funk to it with the curve, know what I mean?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results