shape
carat
color
clarity

Ugh...back fat, lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so I love my size! I''m a size 10 and I''m 5''8" and feel like this size/weight is where my body likes to be. I love my curves and think I''m hot! Lol, however, I do not love the back fat look I get when I put on bras.
38.gif
Do you ladies know any way to reduce the appearance? Am I wearing the wrong size bra? I''m just so self concious of that one thing and would love to get rid of it! Any suggestions? Thanks so much ladies for your responses/help!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Have you been measured for a bra? I would be inclined to think you may be wearing the wrong size bra.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, it''s your bra.

Get measured and try different styles; some types "cut in" to flesh more than others, and a good sales associate can probably suggest suitable ones.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
InLuv, your post made me laugh
9.gif
. I have chronic back fat too and I''m a pretty petite girl with a larger chest. I have been sized properly but regarless, I can still see bumps. Your post made me think of a ''Human Lab'' that was done on the Rachel Ray show. They had 3 types of bras they were testing and one was to reduce back fat... thank goodness for Spanx!!!

Here''s the linky:
http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/show/segments/view/instant-human-lab-bras/

Brallelujah:
http://www.spanx.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2990082&cp=2992742&parentPage=family

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is THE ANSWER to the back bacon problem! When I found this bra it transformed my life in terms of what I was willing to wear. I LURRRRRRVE these bras!

link

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Do you have a large chest? I do and I find that lots of bras are made for small chests and they just make the cup size bigger but not the shoulder or back straps. If the back strap isn''t thick and strong enough for a larger chest, it can create the back fat look because it''s trying too hard to hold you up
26.gif
. Go for a bra fitting and make sure the general construction of the bra is in line with your cup size.

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for your responses!

Burk -- I went and got measured this weekend. Turns out I was wearing the incorrect size bra! Thanks for the advice.

Fluer- Thanks! I did get some recommendations on different types of bras.

Sammyj -- Thank your for the links!

DeeJay -- Thanks for the link! That bra looks great so I ordered one. Here''s to hoping it works!

Elrohwen -- I''m not too large chested. 36C. Turns out I was wearing the wrong size though. I was wearing a 34C. The change in size did help some but the back fat look is still here a little, so I ordered the bra from the link that DeeJay provided. Hoepfully that will work for me.

Thank you so much everyone for your responses!
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
InLuv, I am also a 36C so I know exactly where you're coming from. I can't wait to hear your review on this bra! One of the most important things for me was letting the shoulder straps out far enough BTW, makes all the difference in the world! Let me know what you think when you get it!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
InLuv, just checking in to see if you ever got that bra.

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
DeeJay!! I totally forgot to come back and post about the bra...I LOVE IT!! The back fat isn''t 100% gone but it''s about 95% (then again I am VERY critical). It is comfortable, supportive, and pretty. I have ordered 4 more because I love it so much. Thank you so so much for the link!
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so glad you like them! Seriously, they have revolutionized my life (or my wardrobe anyway!).

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Those bras look (and sound) amazing Deejay. Inluv - I''m so glad you found something that works for you!!

Now if only anyone knew of such a product that came in my size...
3.gif
20.gif

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Im actually planning to order one myself...I usually wear the body by victoria unlined full coverage bra but this one looks really great and with such good reviews I can''t resist.
Can you just tell me if its padded or not..im not a fan of padding of any kind...and does it withstand washing and drying well??
Thanx :))

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/25/2008 8:52:08 PM
Author: nycbkgirl
Im actually planning to order one myself...I usually wear the body by victoria unlined full coverage bra but this one looks really great and with such good reviews I can't resist.
Can you just tell me if its padded or not..im not a fan of padding of any kind...and does it withstand washing and drying well??
The cups are a double layer of fabric, but not padded at all, and it also isn't that weird stiff stuff that's pre-formed into a shape in which our boobs do not really exist in nature.
2.gif

I wash mine A LOT and they stand up great, but I don't dry them, I just hang them up to dry.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/26/2008 12:42:41 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

Im actually planning to order one myself...I usually wear the body by victoria unlined full coverage bra but this one looks really great and with such good reviews I can''t resist.
The cups are a double layer of fabric, but not padded at all, and it also isn''t that weird stiff stuff that''s pre-formed into a shape in which our boobs do not really exist in nature.
2.gif

I wash mine A LOT and they stand up great, but I don''t dry them, I just hang them up to dry.
thanx! will be ordering one shortly
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/26/2008 6:53:24 PM

Im actually planning to order one myself...I usually wear the body by victoria unlined full coverage bra but this one looks really great and with such good reviews I can't resist.
The cups are a double layer of fabric, but not padded at all, and it also isn't that weird stiff stuff that's pre-formed into a shape in which our boobs do not really exist in nature.
2.gif

I wash mine A LOT and they stand up great, but I don't dry them, I just hang them up to dry.
9.gif
Hey there! Just checking in to see if you ever got your bra and whether you like it.

(LOL - Maidenform should start paying me commission pretty soon!)

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2009 10:18:17 PM

Date: 12/26/2008 6:53:24 PM

The cups are a double layer of fabric, but not padded at all, and it also isn''t that weird stiff stuff that''s pre-formed into a shape in which our boobs do not really exist in nature.
2.gif

I wash mine A LOT and they stand up great, but I don''t dry them, I just hang them up to dry.
9.gif
Hey there! Just checking in to see if you ever got your bra and whether you like it.

(LOL - Maidenform should start paying me commission pretty soon!)
good thing u are checking up! because i totally forgot ...been running around like crazy!...so i just ordered it !!! i got the beige ...so please check back in a weekl
9.gif
thanx again

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I just ordered it, too. I''ll let you know in two shakes of a lamb''s tail.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I am a 38C, 5''7" or so and I hate getting bra''s...this one looks promising though!!

Any suggestions for a strapless? I feel like I am tugging on the top of all my strapless bras all the time!!

(FWIW..I have been fitted)

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2009 1:51:20 PM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
I am a 38C, 5''7'' or so and I hate getting bra''s...this one looks promising though!!

Any suggestions for a strapless? I feel like I am tugging on the top of all my strapless bras all the time!!

Yeah, I''m 5''8 with 36DD. Two things about bras make me laugh: One, is the idea that a strapless bra can be successfully worn by everyone and Two, shirts where the bra is "Built In!"

Anyone else think that some bras make the straps too long? I find that many of my bras are cinched to the shortest length on the straps and there should still be two more inches of play. I mean, I''m not that oddly built that I should be at the end. In fact, I feel like my boobs start lower down on my torso than they should.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/6/2009 3:50:58 PM
Author: Starset Princess

Date: 1/6/2009 1:51:20 PM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
I am a 38C, 5'7' or so and I hate getting bra's...this one looks promising though!!

Yeah, I'm 5'8 with 36DD. Two things about bras make me laugh: One, is the idea that a strapless bra can be successfully worn by everyone and Two, shirts where the bra is 'Built In!'

Anyone else think that some bras make the straps too long? I find that many of my bras are cinched to the shortest length on the straps and there should still be two more inches of play. I mean, I'm not that oddly built that I should be at the end. In fact, I feel like my boobs start lower down on my torso than they should.
LOL - I certainly feel like mine END lower on my torso than they should! (And definitely more so than they did twenty years ago!)

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
For those struggling with the strapless, I think they are best fitted by a professional - I have one from Le Mystere - it was pretty pricey, and I won''t say its the most comfortable garment ever, but it (amazingly, miraculously) does the job for my 32DD self.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I have been saying that I need to get properly fitted for a bra for the past 6 years or so. I think the "girls" have been sagging ever since I had my daughter almost 15 years ago. I am now 52 , 5''7" tall and weigh about 135 lbs. I weighed 127 when I got married in my mid 30''s. Though I''ve gained only 8 pound in less than 20 years, I think the "poundage arrangement" has definitely shifted. I believe exercise is the key and when I find that key I will certainly use it. As for the gals pointing south, I am heading out this week to get properly fitted once and for all. I am sick and tired seeing my boobs around waist level in photos!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve also discovered the wonderful new bras -- what a difference they can make! I have one of the MF styles already posted, and this: http://www.maidenform.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=71540&wtlCategory=Search (in jungle print
2.gif
), which has everything (underwires, hooks & eyes etc) fused into a single piece -- the only stiching is to hold the straps on. Verry smooth!

I think the backfat stuff tends to come with age for all but the most fantaically fit... but at least the rest of us now have some options to keep it from dictating our wardrobes!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
How well do these Maideform bras hold your breasts up? My problem isn''t back fat, but sagging breasts?? Perhaps the fitting is extremely necessary . Hmm.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soocool -- I hear ya! They seem to do a good job all the way around, if you know what I mean. Definately go in for a fitting and try on several styles, including some made with the newer materials. A bra that's fit correctly should do the trick!

BTW this topic inspired me try on every bra I own, and throw out the ones that just don't measure up any more for whatever reason. That drawer is now much less cluttered!
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/11/2009 6:32:41 PM
Author: soocool
How well do these Maideform bras hold your breasts up? My problem isn't back fat, but sagging breasts?? Perhaps the fitting is extremely necessary . Hmm.
This is an interesting point. I think of these as good basic every day under pretty much anything bras. But they are not like push-up bras, or anything like that. So if you're looking for super perk this isn't really the answer. But I do think they give a very flattering shape in general.

VR, you'd done what I've been putting off for too long--cleaning out my bra/drawer. Ug. I just hate to do it. Maybe I will get inspired and start going through them...

Amber, I just bought my first strapless bra a few weeks ago. It is quite a contraption, I must say! As for comfort... um... not so much, but it seems to do the trick.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Yeah I need to clean out the bra drawer - if it doesn''t fit throw it out, right? Do you know how much I paid for some of those bras to not fit and not wear em?

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Came in the mail yesterday. Wearing it today with a turtleneck and plaid pants. Oh. My. God. I''m throwing out all my bras and buying four more of these.
They are made of one solid piece in the back so there is NO seam, they minimize the DDs, and they''re soft and the straps are wide.... on and on.
I''m sold!
36.gif

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2009 10:12:48 AM
Author: Starset Princess
Came in the mail yesterday. Wearing it today with a turtleneck and plaid pants. Oh. My. God. I''m throwing out all my bras and buying four more of these.
They are made of one solid piece in the back so there is NO seam, they minimize the DDs, and they''re soft and the straps are wide.... on and on.
I''m sold!
36.gif
That''s awesome Starset! Glad they worked for you
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results