shape
carat
color
clarity

Uggs discloring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies. I want to buy a pair of Uggs. I''ve never really liked Uggs, but my sister recently got a pair and I tried them on. I''m hooked. I found a pair that I like on Zappos, but I''m concerned about them discoloring. According to the warning from Zappos, the dye will run on darker pairs. Does anyone have a darker pair of Uggs? Has this happened to you? What did it look like? They just ran out of my size in the lighter color, so I''m not sure what to do. Thanks in advance!

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
I have 3 different pairs, 2 pair of boots one in sand color and one in chestnut, and a pair of sand Scuffs {houseshes}.

What part ''runs?''

I don''t have very dark Uggs, but I can''t figure out exactly what the warning meant
33.gif

The only running I get is on the top back of my boot it''s darker from my dark rinse jeans. But I always wear jeans over my boots so that wouldn''t bother me.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

On another site I post on, someone mentioned that although they''re suppose to be waterproof and come with protective spray, they actually do not fair up too well in wet weather. I have a pair of short black ones that I wear under jeans and NEVER have worn them in the rain even after weatherproofing them.

Oh, and like you, I never liked them, but then got a cute shorter pair and they''re SOOOOO warm that I can''t imagine winter w/out them.

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never heard they''re waterproof. . . just their construction would imply different to me, I''d wear mine in the drizzle or light snow, but not the rain.

ITA, they''re fugly but it''s not about looks, they''re incomparably comfy and toasty!!!
36.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ones I got are similar to these. . .they''re one of few Ugg styles I find cute.

uggsmc.jpg

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
sap-I have a pair of the Classic Short in Chocolate. I wore these things EVERYDAY last winter and never had any running of color. However, I never wear my uggs if it''s raining/snowing. I''ve ordered all 4 pairs of uggs I own from zappos...great company.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE my Uggs!!!

I have the chestnut colored tall sunburst ones and I wear them in deep snow walking my dog and through pretty much all conditions and after having them for about a year and a half have no discoloration, but a little wear at the toes where some of the suedy part has slightly rubbed off, but that''s really not bad considering that I''m super hard on them. Sometimes I wear them all the way up, but usually I fold them down and even after wearing them folded down for like 6 mos or so when I fold them up they''re not loose or anything. What I would reccomend though is buying them 1/2 size small because they do stretch out.

They''re def worth the $$ and you should buy the waterproofing spray just to keep them protected.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love my uggs! Very comfortable and warm. This is what I have http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/22516148/c/4746.html

I got mine in leather so that I can wear them in rain and snow and not worry about it. I had to go up 1/2 size because the lining inside is very thick.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve got 3 pairs of uggs, one is the purple slippers. i''ve never had any running of color either. I do scotchguard them and don''t wear any of them out in the rain/snow though.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got a pair of Australian Sheepskin boots (they can''t call them UGGs there) and I love them. Kind of overkill for LA, but my preggo feet love em. But I gotta wonder...why get a pair of cold weather boots if you can''t wear them in the rain or snow? I only have flip flops now and UGGs...so I guess I should wear my flip flops in the rain? Hm....

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have 3 pairs, never had a problem with them discoloring, running, etc... I do not wear them in the snow, or heavy rain. I have the protective spray, but haven''t used it yet. DD wears her''s in the rain, goes to college in the city, so far so good. I wear them every night once I am home and in my comfy clothes. Ahhhhhh....
3.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
I have a pair of chocolate brown hiking boot type of Uggs... I wore them while working at a wildlife sanctuary (so lots of potential for them to become nasty looking)... they have been through dirt and mud and snow and rain and animal cages... they still look in great condition and I''ve had them for years. I haven''t had any trouble with discoloring.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
So it seems like most of you avoid wearing them in the rain and snow. I was hoping to be able to throw them on in nasty weather and keep my feet warm and dry. I recently moved out of the city into the suburbs, so for some reason, even though I only live 30 miles away now, we get three times as much snow as the city and immediate surrounding area. They aren't very good about clearing paths between the commuter train station and parking lot either so I was hoping to use these as my commuting shoes. I'm not sure what to do...

ETA: Here is the pair that I'm considering Uggs

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
I have 7 pairs of Uggs in various colors/styles (overkill, I know). I''ve never had the color "run" ??? I wear mine out in the snow & drizzle but not in pouring rain, it is suede and I pretty much treat them as if they were a coat... spray them with a suede protector, etc. I have spilled various liquids on them and they haved cleaned up pretty well... I got a bacon grease stain on my grey ones and it even faded within a few weeks.

The only thing I don''t like about my black ones is they turn my feet & socks black.

They''re not the most stylish things but you can''t beat the comfort...

E B

Ideal_Rock
sap,

I have a pair of coquettes in chocolate and I haven''t noticed any running dye. As others have said, I wouldn''t wear them in the rain, though. Just indoors, and possibly to run outside for the mail/errands on a sunny day.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
like aquarius above i have more Uggs than one woman should have....and never had a problem with stains. however, my Uggs are all pre-Teva buyout of the company. since that time, they have not only changed the sole of the boot/shoe, they''ve also started going after a different demographic market. originally a fav with australian surfers, they now seem to be urban city wear. in my area, they''re still utilitarian in use. my pairs range in color from buff to black. the oldest pair now sees duty when i garden in the winter....like yesterday. today i wore a pair in the rain to the vet''s. can''t say much about the newer Uggs but i certainly love the older ones.

movie zombie

ps all mine including the old winter garden pair are the sueded leather except for one pair of smooth leather boots. that particular pair of boots saw 3 weeks of rainy weather in ireland with no ill effects.

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
mz, I totally got sucked in by the urban citywear aesthetic shift. I just had these delivered from Zappos today, and I love them. It''s nice to have tall leather boots that are really comfortable! I''m so happy they arrived just in time for the freezing NYC weather.

Picture 5.png

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
My black ones get all over my skin, so I wear socks with them. Otherwise I would waterproof them for sure, and just know the dye in the darker ones can be an issue on your skin. It does not come off easily either.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can say that although I love them when it''s super cold out (I live in WI!), I DO NOT love them when it is the least bit wet. They become wet almost immediately, so they are most DEF. NOT WATERPROOF. Even with the sprays and stuff...they still get waterlogged pretty easily.

Also, the salt from the sidewalks/roads can stain them very easily, and you can''t get it out.

So for winter weather, Uggs unfortunately are not your answer unless you live in a cold place with no snow.

For snowboots I can highly recommend these Keen''s. They are super warm and as stylish/sleek as you''ll get for something that will be comfy to walk in and keep your feet dry.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/29659668/c/10597.html

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Shearling isn''t really meant to be waterproof. It''s like suede - it''s beautiful and comfortable, but it''s not supposed to get wet. I have powder blue Uggs, but I only wear them on dry days. Not that they''d be ruined if I stepped in snow or anything, but they are definitely not for tramping through snowbanks or puddles.

What you need are these: Moonboots!!
1.gif

MoonBootWhite006.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/3/2008 8:35:31 PM
Author: darkeyesredshoes
mz, I totally got sucked in by the urban citywear aesthetic shift. I just had these delivered from Zappos today, and I love them. It''s nice to have tall leather boots that are really comfortable! I''m so happy they arrived just in time for the freezing NYC weather.
OHHH, I''ve been eyeing these. You have to share after wearing them for couple of days if they''re just as comfy as regular uggs.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I am not much use to you...

But I would LOVE a pair of Uggs! Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2008 8:35:31 PM
Author: darkeyesredshoes
that''s a really good looking urban wear boot! combines the teva type sole with the look of a leather wellington boot. its got some style and class going on that the old Uggs certainly didn''t convey.

movie zombie

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m in Chicago and I wear my Uggs ALL WINTER LONG, and I''ve been wearing the very same pair every winter for about five or six years now. I waterproof them at the beginning of each season and wear them in rain and snow. They''re wonderful, especially when I have to spend fifteen minutes clearing the snow and ice from my car!

I have no idea what color or style mine are, they''re a medium brown with the shearling sticking out at th seams, they come up to just below my knees. I heart my Uggs, I really do.

Mine have never discolored, and I''ve never felt any wetness inside the boots. Maybe I just have amazing waterproofing spray?!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2008 2:00:58 AM
Author: Haven
I''m in Chicago and I wear my Uggs ALL WINTER LONG, and I''ve been wearing the very same pair every winter for about five or six years now. I waterproof them at the beginning of each season and wear them in rain and snow. They''re wonderful, especially when I have to spend fifteen minutes clearing the snow and ice from my car!

I have no idea what color or style mine are, they''re a medium brown with the shearling sticking out at th seams, they come up to just below my knees. I heart my Uggs, I really do.

Mine have never discolored, and I''ve never felt any wetness inside the boots. Maybe I just have amazing waterproofing spray?!
Haven - are you using the Ugg brand waterproofing spray or another brand?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Being that I used to sell the things, Ugg always told us that you couldn''t use any other spray on them except for theirs because it''ll discolor them. We did have people come in and complain about using the other sprays on them, so I''m guessing it is an issue. I don''t know anything about the dye running though.

Also, if you ladies want an alternative for Zappos, I''ve used Piperlime.com several times and have had nothing but great customer service and prompt arrival of gorgeous shoes. It''s a newer GAP Inc company if you''ve never heard of it before. And all they have are shoes, and sometimes they have different shoes from Zappos as well.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s just some brand I purchased on my own, not Ugg brand. I''ll dig it out of my closet when I''m home later to give you a name.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2008 6:51:51 PM
Author: Haven
It''s just some brand I purchased on my own, not Ugg brand. I''ll dig it out of my closet when I''m home later to give you a name.
Thanks. I used the Ugg brand spray because it was only $6 and seemed like a good investment, but since I live in Seattle and it rains nearly 2-3 times a week, I''ve only worn my boots about 15 times out of fear they''d look terrible in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results