shape
carat
color
clarity

ugg question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
My question is how true are they to there size because i want to order a pair on ebay

thanks

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
It depends on what style you''re ordering. If you''re looking for any of the Classic styles (e.g. classic short, classic tall, classic cardy, etc.), they run big so you buy a size smaller than your regular shoe size. I wear a size 5.5 shoe and size 5 uggs. I have tried on other styles in a size 5 that are not Classics and they are too small. Hope that helps!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
The classic ones run small, the fancier runs often run TTS, but be careful because most of the uggs on ebay are fakes.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
It depends.

I have the Suburb Crochet uggs and they have a metal UGG logo on the back, because of this, there is a cardboard type heel backing which makes it harder than normal to step into.

Usually, however, I would say going 1 size under your norm is a safe bet since the shearling does get crushed down over time.

And to ditto what neatfreak said, I wouldn''t buy UGG''s via ebay. They are usually knockoff''s...if you want a pair, buy them from a reputable store even if it means paying full price. I mean, UGG''s are pretty affordable for a name-brand shoe...but if you don''t care about the UGG name, you can always find the same "style" in a no-name brands for $50.00 less or even more!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine are a bit more on the "fancier side," but not super fancy. . .they are TTS.

My neighbor said you're not suppose to wear socks with them because of the wool liner keeping your feet warm. Does anyone follow that rule? That entirely grosses me out, so of course I wear socks with them.

And like NF said, be careful w/eBay. I'd never buy anything aside from small stuff (like a MAC e/s) on eBay because there are so many fakes of nearly everything. Actually, I sold a few MAC items on eBay and someone emailed me and asked if they were fake! (as if I have a MAC eye shadow molding machine at home
20.gif
) Anyway, sorry for getting OT there.
1.gif

Oh, and like Italia said, you can get fakes from regular stores like Costco for cheap! Even try an outlet mall for knockoffs. Often the ones there are much cuter than the regular Uggs.

MrsRogers

Rough_Rock
I purchased my classic tall Uggs from Nordstrom, and went half a size smaller than my regular shoe size (the SA recommended this, and she was on point. They are snug, but comfy snug). My husband also bought me some Ugg coquettes half a size smaller than my regular size and they fit perfectly.

I agree with everyone in that I would be extra careful purchasing them on ebay. It might seem like a steal to get them a few bucks cheaper, but I''m not sure I would risk it.

Goodluck!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Didn''t these jump the shark about 3 years ago?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 5:26:23 PM
Author: purrfectpear

Never, they are toasty warm on a cold winters day.

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
I have the tall classics, and wear a size 9 normally. I ordered an 8, and they fit perfect.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I have the tall classic. I wear a 9.5 typically and the 9s are big on me. They definitely stretch out with wearing. I will say that I purchased and returned the slip-on ones because I felt like they were too short when I got them home.

Re: socks. If I''m only wearing them for a little bit, I don''t wear socks, but for all day, I do. It has something to do with your feet sweating and matting down the wool stuff but I think that my feet feel cooler (and less sweaty or whatever) if I am wearing socks. I do spray the inside every now and then with the ugg spray. My DH made fun of me because last weekend we were on a long drive home and my feet were warm, so I took my uggs off in the car. Then I reached down and smelled my boot. My DH was shocked that I''d do such a thing, but I wondered if they stunk! They didn''t. For the record, I''d been wearing socks all day.

I gotta be honest, I love my uggs - well worth the $130 investment if you decide not to go on e-bay. I don''t care if they''re out of style - I''ll be wearing them until they cease to exist. They''re the best danged boot I''ve found and Iowa winters are WAY too long without them.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I still love and wear my UGGs I bought 4-5 years ago.

Someone mentioned about wearing socks. I have never worn socks with mine and they do not stink AT ALL... yes, I checked because I wondered about it. I''ve also worn them when it has been raining and stepping in puddles and they have held up really well.

I seem to be the only one, but my shoe size is between a 5 -5.5 and all of my UGGs are a 6.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to add my two cents...

1) I tried buying classic shorts in my size a few years back and wound up with boots that are half a size too big. I bought classic talls last xmas and bought them half a size smaller and they fit perfect. So I'd say they are not TTS. 1/2 a size smaller is my advice.
2) I always wear socks with mine. Mainly super thin ones and they're comfy like that. I think thick socks might be a bit too warm! With the way I wear them though I've had no sweaty feet issues. I have worn them without socks on the rare occasion and they still seem to be fine but I prefer the socks.

And as much as most people I know hate uggs I love mine! (actually ALL guys I know hate uggs, funny)

ETA: I bought one of the pairs I had on ebay (a pink pair) and they were TTS for some reason. I am not sure if they were fake but based on how the ones I've bought that were real uggs fit I would have to say they were probably fake. They just didn't break in the way the other pairs did either.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
On suggestion...order the ones that you can replace the soles inside. The cheaper Uggs do not have removable inserts. You can wash them, but it isn''t the same as being able to replace the inserts. The ones available online even have a cushion under the heel area that makes them extremely comfortable and extra padded. I bought Ugg and Aussie Dog brand that weren''t nearly as comfortable as those at http://sheepskinshoes.com/ecom/ProductDetail.php?id=9010&category=0 The Ultra are the best. Otherwise, you need to wash the entire book in special soap.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
the replaceable Ugg inserts are more like liners and not has thick or well made as the original: i keep the original in there and put the replacement on top of it and i get the snug brand new Ugg feeling once again.

mz

A

Anaïs

In me experience it depends on the type. I have the classic tall boots in 7 and the cardy uggs in 7. The Cardy''s are definitely tighter/smaller feeling... and I now wish I had gone with a 7.5 or 8 in the latter.

A

Anaïs

Date: 2/4/2009 9:49:02 AM
Author: Definitely, Maybe

Someone mentioned about wearing socks. I have never worn socks with mine and they do not stink AT ALL... yes, I checked because I wondered about it. I''ve also worn them when it has been raining and stepping in puddles and they have held up really well.

I seem to be the only one, but my shoe size is between a 5 -5.5 and all of my UGGs are a 6.

The guy at Nordies told my sister when she bought hers that they are meant to be worn without socks... BUT I think it depends on the individual, her boots ended up being sooo stinky.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wore my UGGs without socks -- ah, heaven! -- for two or three years with no odor problems. Unfortunately I apparently imported some exotic UGG-eating moth in textiles I bought on a vacation in Mexico, and those UGGs are history. I will replace them one of these winters... they are soooo worth it when you get to slip into them on a cold morning, or when you return to a cold house after work... even here in California!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Didn't these jump the shark about 3 years ago?

PP: Maybe, but who cares if they're wonderful and comfy and totally functional?

To paraphrase Gore Vidal, "Style is knowing who you are, what you like, what you want to say, and not giving a damn."

2.gif

Mrs.Guz

Shiny_Rock
I bought my first pair of Uggs last month and I love them.

They are the Ultimate Tas in black. They run true to size and I do not wear socks with them. They are so comfy!
emsmile.gif

Cosmo_Gal

Shiny_Rock
I ordered my first pair in a size 8, but they didn't have an 8 when I tried to buy my grey ones, so I went with a 7 which ended up being a lot better. I have the classic short in grey and classic tall in brown.

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
Well I ordered them a size 7 because thats my size and they do fit me big. I just had to get use to them and im cool with it now. Plus I started to roll them down so you can sheepskin, I didnt know the classic talls did that till yesterday lol .

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 9:49:02 AM
Author: Definitely, Maybe

Definately, Maybe - when walking in puddles in your Uggs, have you felt the tips of your toes becoming cold? I was the one who mentioned wearing socks, and I wear thin ones, yet even so, I can feel the coldness of water through the suede. My Uggs don''t seem to smell (as far as I can tell
2.gif
), but still I feel they''d be "tainted" if I wore them barefoot and so I wear socks. The only other suede shoes I wear in wet weather are Merrills and they never leak. Even though they''re not my style, they are the best $120 I''ve spent!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear a size 7.5-8 and my size 7 uggs (classic) are a bit too big, especially once the inside has gotten packed a bit from wear. Size 6 is too small, though.

I buy the extra inserts to put in once the inside has gotten too packed to make up for the roominess.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results