shape
carat
color
clarity

Two weeks left and I might have....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
STREP THROAT!!! I've been really sick for a week now and I lost my voice yesterday. On top of that, this week has been total hell with my fiance and his mother. I don't know if it's because I've been sick, but it seems to me like they've been total jerks this whole week. HELP! IT'S ONLY TWO WEEKS UNTIL MY WEDDING!!!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Honey,
You must really be all nerves right now! I hope that you haven''t made yourself sick from the stress!
Go to the doctor! If it is strep, you have enough time to get on antibiotics and start feeling better.
Take care of yourself! This must be the most stressful time, AND you''ve done so so so so so much planning for this thing,
I can''t imagine that you wouldn''t be a bit stressed.
Here''s a virtual hug, make sure you see a doctor!

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Tybee. I just HATE seeing a doctor. And with all the trouble that''s come up between me, m fiance and his mom, I wouldn''t be surprised if I actually did make myself sick from the stress! I just need my sanity back and I miss my fiance. We''ve been fighting like cats and dogs all week and now''s the time where I need him the most.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I agree, get to the doctor. You don''t want to still be sick for your wedding! BTW, I have had strep quite a few times but have never lost my voice. Do you really think that is what it is? Wither way, get lots of rest and follow that doctor''s orders!

On the plus side, it is much better that you are sick now than to wake up sick a day or 2 before your wedding?

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
I honestly don't know what it is. I didn't think it might be strep because I never had a fever, but my matron of honor said she just had a really sore throat once and it turned out to be strep. She said you never know and that the doctor told her that people have different reactions to strep, but the common symptom was a really sore throat. I wonder if there are any doctors roaming around on the boards today.. If there are, my sysmptoms are:

Moderate sinus drainage
Sore Throat with difficulty swallowing, worst in the morning and improves throughout the day
Hacking cough with production
Difficulty speaking

The sinus drainage and sore throat has persisted for a week and the difficulty speaking and coughing has only been for the past two days. I have tried pseudoephedrin, an antihistamine, acetominophen and dextromethorphan and guaifenesin and nothing has helped.

Any ideas??

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Go to the doc
drink tons of water
no caffeine-dries out larynx
no whispering-hard on vocal folds
talk as little as possible
rest
advil to decrease inflammation
antibiotic if doc gives it

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Definitely see the doctor. If it is strep, the meds will work wonders in a short period of time. Even if it isn''t strep, the doctor might be able to help get you over whatever it is.

I too became sick two weeks before my wedding. It was horrible, I felt horrible, but thankfully I was okay on the wedding day. My nose was a little runny (the crying didn''t help LOL), but I felt a thousand times better than I had just four days before the wedding.
1.gif

Good luck and feel better!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
I think that the only way that you can know if it''s strep for sure is to have a throat culture done at the doctor''s office.
Then the doc will prescribe antibiotics.
I''m certainly not a doctor, but if you have sinus draining, your sore throat may be a result of that.
Either way, the doctor is a must, whether you hate the doctor or not, you have a major event coming up!
Take care of yourself!

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I was sick for my wedding. The day before I felt horrible and threw up a bunch of times. The day of I was a little under the weather, sore throat, stuffy nose...it was all from stress. Relax, you don''t want to feel crappy on the bog day!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I, too, was sick the week before my wedding. I went to the doc as soon as I got symptoms (I had some kind of horrible cold) and he gave me a 5-day Z-pack, which worked absolute wonders. By the wedding day, I was 95% better. I did have a choking fit during the ceremony, which sucked, but I probably should''ve had the foresight to suck on a cough drop or something. Maybe you can have you MOH carry some with her somehow in case you should have the same problem...or have a bottle of water at the ready in an inconspicuous location. Good luck!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hun, I'm repeating what everyone else is saying- GO SEE A DOCTOR!

I had strep throat TWICE durring the summer of '04. I ended up getting my tonsils out that December (at the ripe 'ol age of 33!). They were HUGE and were prone to infections. Do you still have yours in?

Have the doc give you z-pac- they're SUPER antibiotics, and will do the job in 5 days (or was is 3?) They do a number on your belly, but it's not bad- just eat yogurt to calm things down.

I'm sending tons of Good Karma your way!

(just saw Monarch's post about z-pac. it works!)

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!!!!

One of the first funerals I ever went to was a family friend who died on her honeymoon from heart failure due to rhuematic fever that was the result of an untreated strep infection. She thought it was just stress and fatigue from the wedding. They buried her in her wedding dress. It was one of the single saddest things I have ever experienced.

You DO NOT have to run a high fever or feel like you can''t get get out of bed to have a strep infection. You can walk around with a low grade temp or no temp, sore throat, and slight body aches and have an active strep or staph infection.

For your piece of mind and to feel better faster, go see your doctor.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Girl, you need a Z-pack stat!!!
emwink.gif

You need to go see your dr/provider just so he/she can give you a prescription for an antibiotic before this gets even more out of control then it already is. They can also culture your throat to see if its strep, but in the meantime, they can start you on something. Drink lots of fluids, gargle with warm salt water a few times a day too, and take an over-the-counter decongestant. You are getting married in 2 weeks, for goodness sake, so please get some help!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
You poor thing... how miserable.
7.gif

I was very prone to strep (about 1 infection a month) until they finally took my tonsils out a few years ago... Charger, I feel your pain! But Aphi, your symptoms actually sound more like a cold or possibly sinus infection than strep... most often a productive cough and sinus drainage will cause the sore throat, rather than the other way around. Either way, a doctor will tell you what''s best. In the meantime, drink LOTS and LOTS of fluids and rest as much as possible (easier said than done, I know). You''ll get through it... and be happy and healthy for the big day!

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t assume it''s strep throat! Last year before his sister''s wedding (which we were both in) my FI thought he had strep throat and so the doctor didn''t do a culture and just gave him a Z-pack (Zithromax) and he had a severe allergic reaction which had constant upset stomach and diarrhea and two days after the wedding his face swelled up. I would be careful in taking any medication that you haven''t previously taken in the days leading up to your wedding. Also when I was really stressed a few summers ago I got Bell''s Palsy and half of my face was paralyzed for months! That taught me to calm down for sure.

Anyhow, I don''t want to scare you but maybe go do a meditation class, yoga or get a massage...something to take your mind off everything (and everyone!) I''m sure it''s the stress of the wedding that is making everyone seem crappy and stressing you out but it''s going to be a wonderful wedding -- don''t worry! Oh oh! Or maybe pick up a good book to take your mind off things! :) Those day spas like Burke Williams are great too because then you can get a massage and then lay by the pool, hang out in the sauna..all day! (or so I hear) I don''t know exactly where you are but sometimes when I''m stressed I drive to the beach and just hang out and listen to the waves :)

(After writing this I think I should take my own advice too!)

Good luck :)

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was coming down with a cold less than a week before my wedding. The best you can do is sleep and rest. I also took a ton of airbourne and vitamin C. But whatever you do, you must rest!

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Well everyone, I broke down and finally went to see a doctor.. A hundred and fifty dollars later, I have an inhaler and a Z-pack. Let''s hope it takes care of everything! I''m off to bed now. Thanks for all your encouragment!
35.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Sleep well,
Hope you are feeling better soon!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad you''re on the track to getting better! I was going to say it really doesn''t sound like strep. I''m not a doctor, but only a few sore throats are caused by bacteria. You have zpack which is awesome, but be careful because it doesn''t always get the whole infection. I''ve used it a few times where the infection came back because it is such a quick course of treatment. Good luck and rest up girl!

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
How are you doing now? I hope you are feeling better!!! If not, don''t stress about the wedding stuff. Don''t worry about the details, as I know you were handling a lot of the details yourself and the last two weeks are when all the work intensifies--SO, delegate to others and rest up!

I hope you and you FI have stopped fighting too.
1.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I hope you feel better!!! Has everything cooled down yet between you, FI, & FMIL??

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/26/2006 10:23:15 PM
Author: ponderer
GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!!!!For your piece of mind and to feel better faster, go see your doctor.
HI:

Agreed. Please, have him swab your throat to r/o strep (which, if positive, is highly contagious; but is easily treated with antibiotics...). Rest, lots of fluids and over the counter meds for pain.
Good health!!

cheers--Sharon
emhot.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
If you are dealing with sinus ''production'' I highly recommend eliminating dairy from your diet until the wedding. Dairy will be fuel on the fire if you''ve got an infection.

Nothing produces gobs of mucus like dairy.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, sorry I''ve been quiet, the last minute wedding details are keeping me super busy! I''m feeling A LOT better now, but I have a pretty bad cough (too much junk in the lungs). Things between me and my fiance have vastly improved and we''re doing great. He''s even started helping with some wedding stuff! I know he only waited until the week before the wedding, but better late than never. I haven''t talked to FMIL, but my fiance said that he talked to FFIL and he said the FMIL is still having a bad attitude. Guess she''s the grudge-holding type. I don''t really care, because she''ll get over it one way or another. She''s more mad at my fiance than she is at me, according to FFIL. I don''t know what her deal is and I''m not going to attempt to find out. I''ll just let it ride. Thanks for all your concerns!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aphisig, have your MOH bring cough drops and hold them for you during the ceremony!!! I had a choking fit during mine, and I was so embarrassed! (I was sick the week before my wedding, too.) Even if I''d just had a bottle of water nearby it would''ve helped. Sorry, I don''t mean to freak you out at all, I just wish I''d thought of it beforehand...I was running around trying to do everything myself and should''ve let my girls take over some things like that so I had time to think about my own needs. Good luck, and I''m glad to hear you''re feeling so much better!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results