shape
carat
color
clarity

Two very similar diamonds...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joejoe44

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,
One of the diamonds I was looking at has a very close companion. I was wondering if one might be better to buy since I have the choice. They have only very minor differences.Diamond #1
.718 Round
VS2
F
Total depth of 61.5%
Table 54%
Culet: Pointed
Pavil depth 43.1%
Pavil angle 40.9
Crown height 15.7%
Crown angle 34.5
Girdle .7-1.2% Faceted
Fluor: Inert
Polish: AGS Ideal
Symmetry: AGS Ideal
Price $3800Diamond #2
.72 Round
VS2
F
Total depth of 61.6%
Table 55%
Culet Very Small
Pavil depth 43.1%
Pavil angle 40.9
Crown height 15.4%
Crown angle 34.5
Girdle 1.0-1.7% Faceted
Fluor Inert
Polish: AGS Ideal
Symmetry: AGS Ideal
Price $3800Should I even bother thinking this over? Or just buy one?
Thanks-

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Both look almost identical... could you see any differense when you look at them?

joejoe44

Rough_Rock
No I didn't notice any difference. But since I have the choice, does one stand out slightly better then the other? Maybe girdle thickness or table %?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
The difference is really very minor.Considering the same price and that the first one has slightly less weight, I wouldn't favor anyone specifically.

jamesd

Shiny_Rock
A smaller table in theory suggests more fire, all other things being equal. The smaller table one also looks as though it could have slightly better spread because of a thinner girdle but the numbers aren't really a good enough description of the whole girdle to know. Better to trust the diameter measurements than hopes based on a possibly thinner girdle.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results