shape
carat
color
clarity

Two stones for discussion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ring shopper

Rough_Rock
I looked at two stones today:

Round 1.62 E VS1 GIA Cert with Sarin Report
H&A: Looked just like the internet picture
Crown Angle: 34.6
Pavil Angle: 40.7
Table: 55.8
Depth: 61.4
Polish/ Sym: EX/EX
Flour: None
Price: 14960

Round 1.51 E VVS2 GIA Cert with Sarin Report
H&A: Looked just like the internet picture
Crown Angle: 34.5
Pavil Angle: 40.7
Table: 57.4
Depth: 61.3
Polish/ Sym: EX/EX
Flour: None
Price: 14500

I compared the two stones side by side and couldn't tell the difference between the VVS2 and VS1. The 1.62 was definitely larger, so I liked the 1.62 better. I would appreciate any comments and/or advice.
Thank you!!!
:wavey: :wavey:

jamesd

Shiny_Rock
You might want to check the price per carat differences between E VVS1 and E VS2. Looks to me as though the E VS2 might not carry enough discount per carat, as though the vendor expects you to go for that one and priced accordingly.

There are arguments that the larger price should carry a higher price per carat but the difference dpesn't look as great as it is here.

Still, if size rules, the E VS1 still looks like the best choice. I can't tell you if the person it is for will appreciate having "VVS" clarity instead of "VS clarity" enough to compensate for the size difference. If the size difference is small, the VVS2 may well be the better choice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results