shape
carat
color
clarity

Two questions/please answer:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bigE

Shiny_Rock
Can you help me get through airport security especially now with the new guidelines...no pill bottles etc. Had heard someone say put it on carryone luggage in a pill bottle but I think they would check it.

Second, is it bad to propose on my gf''s birthday? We''ll be on an exotic vacation and want to propose there--should I do it before or on? I wanted to do it on her birthday so I could use it as an excuse to take her to a nice restarurant, etc.

Thanks!!!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I know some people are really anti-birthday proposals, but some girls like it. It just depends on your girlfriend. I have a friend who was proposed to on her b-day and loved it because she was totally surprised when it happened. He ended up giving her several gifts to open, and the last one just happened to turn out to be an engagement ring.

Most of the people I have encountered who do not like the idea of a birthday proposal are quite vocal about it, so you''d probably know if she thought it was a bad idea.

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
about airport security i''m really not sure.. but about the birthday proposal I know I wouldn''t mind.. It''s great it doesn''t matter when or where

lovemybug

Rough_Rock
i got engaged on vacation, and my hubby told me that he carried the ring in the box in his inside jacket pocket. he said that if it beeped and they wanted to search him he was going to ask for them to search him in a private room, which i guess they can do, so that i wouldn''t see it if they happened to pull the ring out. i don''t know what his reason to me would have been as to why they couldn''t just search him in the open. but it ended up none of that needed to happen, he just walked through the metal detector and it didn''t go off. hope that helps with your one question, anyway.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this the trip where the cousin''s wedding is at the beginning of the trip? If so, then my first thought was that she would have so much fun if all those family members could see her ring, which would mean getting engaged before the wedding weekend. But other than that, I think the birthday is just fine.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/24/2006 9:52:38 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Is this the trip where the cousin''s wedding is at the beginning of the trip? If so, then my first thought was that she would have so much fun if all those family members could see her ring, which would mean getting engaged before the wedding weekend. But other than that, I think the birthday is just fine.

If this is the case, I don''t think getting engaged before someone else''s wedding is the best idea. It takes away from the couple that is getting married. Even the day after is fine, just as long as the excitment of the two events doesn''t overlap (if that makes sense).

doppelganger

Rough_Rock
>Second, is it bad to propose on my gf''s birthday?  We''ll be on an exotic vacation and want to propose
>there--should I do it before or on?  I wanted to do it on her birthday so I could use it as an excuse to
>take her to a nice restarurant, etc. 

i wouldn''t suggest doing this. Presenting her the ring on her birthdy might be considered as you giving her the ring as a gift. If, for the sake of argument, the engagement gets broken off, the ring is hers man. You would have given it as a gift vs. giving her the ring as a condition to marriage. yeah yeah, nobody wants to think of an engagement this way, but hey, you never know what''ll happen. best to protect your arse just in case anything does... that ring is a big chunk of change man.

and i would shy away from stealing anybody''s thunder. thats just not cool.

my $0.02

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results