shape
carat
color
clarity

Two Proposal Idea's - Feedback Welcome :)

MikeThisIs

Rough_Rock
As I narrow down my search for the right ring, I have been trying to come up with a few proposal ideas. These are the two that I have come down to so far.

She's not one for a big spectacle, but a nice romantic gesture she will love.

1. We are going to Vanuatu in January for 5 nights, staying in a nice bungalow metres from the water. I could ask the questions on a nice beach walk at sunset, or even over a nice dinner (I can get them to set up a candlelit private table on the beach). Alternatively, I could book a helicopter and have it take us either to a more secluded island where we can have a picnic, or a resort where they will write a message in the sand so she can see as we fly down.

2. I asked her out on December 13th (8 years ago, this year) through a hand made Christmas card. My initial intention was to ask her out at Christmas, but she got nosy and found the card early when she was at my house!! I thought of perhaps putting together a personalised advent calendar. (something like this - https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/211200577/diy-customisable-christmas-advent?ref=shop_home_active_2). On the days leading up I would put some random but meaningful things and then on the 13th I could put the ring inside the 'package' on the calendar and make sure she opens in that evening at home (I could prepare a nice dinner or something also of course).

Would love to gather any feedback or suggestions from you all :)

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the advent calendar idea! Then you can go on vacation as newley engaged, instead of fretting about doing the proposal on vacation. Although, the helicopter idea is pretty dang sweet. But I think there are too many variables, and you'd be stressed during your vacation.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to add, that because she seems a bit nosy, I'd put a chocolate in the 13th box, and then maybe the night before (or you can be with her when she opens it) give her the ring. Just so the ring isnt sitting in the slot and she 'accidentally' sees it or something!

MikeThisIs

Rough_Rock
telephone89|1416865392|3789776 said:
Just wanted to add, that because she seems a bit nosy, I'd put a chocolate in the 13th box, and then maybe the night before (or you can be with her when she opens it) give her the ring. Just so the ring isnt sitting in the slot and she 'accidentally' sees it or something!

I was thinking about that also! I think I would maybe put a specially written letter in the box rather and then as she's reading it, drop to my knee with the ring in hand.

MikeThisIs

Rough_Rock
So I completed the calendar over the weekend and surprised her with it last night. She absolutely loved it and was completely surprised! She burst into tears... Don't think she's expecting the next surprise which is good!

calendar.jpg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So cool! I hope you update on the 14th!

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
MikeThisIs, I am so glad you are going with the advent calendar idea! :)

That way, she will have the sparkler through the holidays, which will really add a special magic to the whole experience. There is just something about a holiday proposal... :)) :)) And then you can enjoy vacation instead of stressing about making the proposal perfect. I can't wait to hear how it goes!!

MikeThisIs

Rough_Rock
minidancer|1417795939|3795755 said:
MikeThisIs, I am so glad you are going with the advent calendar idea! :)

That way, she will have the sparkler through the holidays, which will really add a special magic to the whole experience. There is just something about a holiday proposal... :)) :)) And then you can enjoy vacation instead of stressing about making the proposal perfect. I can't wait to hear how it goes!!

Thanks minidancer! I picked up the ring today, so all is on plan for tomorrow evening. I've posted some pictures of the ring if you are interested - [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/halo-total-1-09-carat-including-side-stones.208880/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/halo-total-1-09-carat-including-side-stones.208880/[/URL]

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my god this is so sweet! And congrats on your engagement!!

MikeThisIs

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone :) The plan all went off without a hitch and she was completely surprised! I ended up placing a note (rolled up like a scroll) inside a bag, inside a box, inside a bigger box (the number 13 box). Then as she finished reading the note by the candlelight, she turned around and I was on one knee. She said yes and burst into tears before I could even finish ha ha :)

I posted up some hand shots on the show me the ring page if anyone is interested - [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/halo-total-1-09-carat-including-side-stones.208880/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/halo-total-1-09-carat-including-side-stones.208880/[/URL]

dsc06391_1.jpg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Congrats on your engagement :)

podfoot

Rough_Rock
Very cool!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results