shape
carat
color
clarity

Two Maids of Honors??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
Hello, everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had ever had two Maids of Honors or have heard of having two before? A friend of mine is doing that and I thought I would see if this was completely unusal.

Thanks!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I had two matrons of honor. My sister and my best friend. My husband also had two best men.. but you dont'' have to do it that way..

My best friend also had two maids of honor.. and I have seen at least one other wedding where I''ve seen that.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I remember my friend has a maid of honor & a matron of honor....do whatever you want to do...it''s your big day!
1.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Yup, I had two maids of honor for wedding #1- I was only having 2 attendants, my sis and my best friend. I didn''t want to choose.

FD21Bride

Shiny_Rock
My sister was my Matron of Honor and I had a friend from college as my Maid of Honor.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I had two and he had two, we were both so close to both of our MOHs and Best Men that would be splitting hairs if we had to pick one. Do what you want! Its *your* wedding.

Kaylyn

Shiny_Rock
I have two maids of honor and two best men. These comprise all of my attendants.

Reason being: you need someone over the age of 18 to sign the wedding license. My cousin was my initial maid of honor, she''s a good buddy of mine...

But unfortunately she''ll only be 10 years old when we get married! Hahahaha.

Same with Nick''s brother. He was his initial best man, but he will only be 16!

So, we named my best friend (who will be 23) and my brother (who will be 19) as "maid of honor" and "best man" as well. That way, everyone is honored, we have the legal issues out of the way, and no one gets left out.

It works. I''m happy with it.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
i''m having my best friend as my maid of honor, but then because my grandma and i are extremely close -- she''s going to be my matron of honor!

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
lulu I think that''s a great idea to have your grandmother!

I have never heard of having two MOH''s but I guess I can''t technically see anything wrong with it.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve definitely heard of it, but have never been to a wedding where it was done.
1.gif

froufrou

Shiny_Rock
my boyfriend will be one of two best men at his brother''s wedding in August. i don''t think it matters at all, as far as I can tell there is not that much difference between a maid of honor and a bridesmaid.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been to a few that had a maid of honor and a matron of honor but never to one that had two matrons or two maids of honor. If that makes sense.

When I finally get around to getting married sometime before my 50th b-day (
31.gif
2.gif
) I will only have one matron--my sister. Among my other best girlfriends, it''s just too difficult and potentially hurtful to choose another, so they''ll just be bridesmaids!

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/11/2006 10:52:15 PM
Author:Sujuann
Hello, everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had ever had two Maids of Honors or have heard of having two before? A friend of mine is doing that and I thought I would see if this was completely unusal.

Thanks!
Thanks for all the feedback. Things have changed a bit since I started this topic.

There are now four maids of honor and now four best men. Again, this is not my wedding . She doesn't want feelings to get hurt.

My question is more for me than for her. Her wedding is HER wedding and she should do what she likes. I just wonder for mine (when that ering comes
41.gif
) would I look horrible if I do "hurt" feelings and only have one of each (Maid and Matron)?

How did some of you tell friends that you are close to but you didn't pick as Maids/Matrons... how did you tell them that you want them to only be bridesmaids? Did you have hurt feelings?

griffitk

Rough_Rock
I''m not having a maid of honor, just 6 bridesmaids. I don''t feel closer to one girl than any of the others so choosing one would come down to pulling names out of a hat. I''m not sure how exactly things are going to work as there won''t be anyone in charge for a batchellorette party or shower, but I kind of figured these things wouldn''t happen anyways. We are all scattered across the country so it would just be too hard and expensive to all get together. Just getting everyone to the wedding will be hard enough!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I was the maid of honor in a wedding along with my friends'' sister who was the matron of honor. No one, including me, thought it strange.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results