Two little cuties

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1468274694|4054507 said:
I thought this would be a thread about DF and me, two little cuties. ;(

My thought exactly, Kenny!

StephanieLynn,

Do we really have to wait until these little ones leave before getting another update!

They're so cute! I love seeing the photos of them.

Its so thoughtful of you to have created a shelter for them! You have a kind heart. :))

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
December-fire, I figured I was boring people with my updates, like okay they are still there, moving on ::)

I do have an update though, one is flying and flew onto the branch of my tree in the front yard, the other guy though is not quite there yet and I've read that eggs can hatch days apart so this is probably the younger one. The one who can fly came back at dusk and I would like to think it was so that the little guy wouldn't have to be alone all night. They never did use the shelter but it at least served as a barrier between them and the cat!

I did get a picture of the flyer in the tree. Sorry that pic is sideways, it is not like that in my photos on my phone and I don't know how to flip it around :twirl:

_4803.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the update Stephanie and yay that the older one is flying. Hoping his sibling joins him soon and that they remain safe and happy!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a huge development! How sweet the older one came to stay the night with the younger one. What a beautiful instinctive bond. Thanks for your posts and pics, they brighten my day! :wavey:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the photo and update, StephanieLynn!

That's great news that one has tested out his flight wings! And so sweet that he returned to keep his sibling company.

No doubt they'll both be airborne soon!

Please don't hesitate to post more photos and updates. Even a 'no change' is great.

Have a wonderful day!

:wavey:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They can both fly! They flew away together last night as I was sitting outside. So the little guy who could have flown away waited all weekend for the other one so they could leave together :love:

Even more cool, they came back today! This morning I was having breakfast and opened the front screen door and there they both were!!

I know some people aren't religious or superstitious but this to me is some kind of sign. Either way it is just so wonderful to have them around. Definitely thinking that they are here for a reason though.

_4818.jpeg

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have your bird siblings come back?

We put out a bird feeder and bird bath this summer and noticed a couple of mourning doves are frequent visitors. Made me think of your two little cuties.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mary poppins|1470281632|4062352 said:
Have your bird siblings come back?

We put out a bird feeder and bird bath this summer and noticed a couple of mourning doves are frequent visitors. Made me think of your two little cuties.

My older son sometimes sees them early in the morning so I think they are still around! I have a fountain which runs constantly so your post makes me think maybe the water attracts them? They are nice to have around in any case.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results