shape
carat
color
clarity

Two ACAs - Please help choose!

Smile77

Rough_Rock
Hi!!! I'm debating between these two ~1.9ct G color stones. Please help me choose! Thank you!!!!

The VVS2 one has a 78 LGF, I saw people talk about Lower girdle facet should be 77 to be optimal, does it matter? Also the pinpoints & needles are on the table.
The VS1 one has a 53 star facet length and on the AGS report comment it says "Surface graining not shown". Should I be concerned about the surface graining?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both beautiful stones! I would ask for a side by side picture to see if one speaks to you but, for me* I like the G/VS1 only due
to the ever so slightly shorter lower halves. I can see it in the arrows.

Really tough decision because they are both great stones. However, if you really value higher clarity then I would recommend the VVS2.

Smile77

Rough_Rock
Both beautiful stones! I would ask for a side by side picture to see if one speaks to you but, for me* I like the G/VS1 only due
to the ever so slightly shorter lower halves. I can see it in the arrows.

Really tough decision because they are both great stones. However, if you really value higher clarity then I would recommend the VVS2.

Thank you!!! I asked WF for a picture to compare but was told the difference is really just technical, not visual. Will ask again for a side by side picture to help decide...

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would ask for side by side photos and I would pick the stone that is whiter.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!!! I asked WF for a picture to compare but was told the difference is really just technical, not visual. Will ask again for a side by side picture to help decide...

Yes, I definitely can see why they would say that...its going to be really difficult to see the difference in the arrows when they are only 1% off,
however sometimes when you see two similar stones side-by-side one just sort of speaks to you (sometimes not :|). Maybe it just
works for me?!?:cheeky:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would ask for side by side photos and I would pick the stone that is whiter.

I'll second this. When two stones are otherwise almost the same, color is a huge factor and since color is a range, one could be visibly more white than the other.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll second this. When two stones are otherwise almost the same, color is a huge factor and since color is a range, one could be visibly more white than the other.

I agree as well. I would also ask their opinion since they are seeing them in person. You can’t go wrong with an ACA.

avalovesdiamonds

Rough_Rock
Sorry to pipe in, but I also recently bought a diamond from WF ACA with the comment: "Surface graining not shown"

Seeing this post, makes me wonder what that means or does it have any impact?
Would you choose one preferably without it if you have an option or is it really not really seen?

The clarity grade I have is VS2 so it's pretty much border SI so I'm kinda worried.
Is AGS really more stringent in grading clarity still up to this date or that's been a thing of the past?

I've seen a lot of post about this before and read through them but they are pretty much old post from almost a decade ago. I wonder if anyone can help with an update on how things are.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have the diamond? Can you see any of the surface graining? Can you provide the link to the diamond?

avalovesdiamonds

Rough_Rock
Do you have the diamond? Can you see any of the surface graining? Can you provide the link to the diamond?

No I don't have the diamond yet. Waiting for it to be shipped.

Here's the link to the diamond page.

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t see anything alarming in that diamond - even if I increase the
size of the videos images. Looks like a great stone to me! Will be looking forward to hand shots!

Smile77

Rough_Rock
Sorry to pipe in, but I also recently bought a diamond from WF ACA with the comment: "Surface graining not shown"

Seeing this post, makes me wonder what that means or does it have any impact?
Would you choose one preferably without it if you have an option or is it really not really seen?

The clarity grade I have is VS2 so it's pretty much border SI so I'm kinda worried.
Is AGS really more stringent in grading clarity still up to this date or that's been a thing of the past?

I've seen a lot of post about this before and read through them but they are pretty much old post from almost a decade ago. I wonder if anyone can help with an update on how things are.

I received mine with "surface graining not shown". Definitely can't see anything naked eye. I was worried before I saw it in person as well, I can feel you, but once you receive the diamond and just look at how beautiful it is, all the stresses and worries are gone!

avalovesdiamonds

Rough_Rock
I received mine with "surface graining not shown". Definitely can't see anything naked eye. I was worried before I saw it in person as well, I can feel you, but once you receive the diamond and just look at how beautiful it is, all the stresses and worries are gone!

Thanks @Smile77
WF also came back to me saying they can't find it using magnification so it might be very minute. I might have to pop-out my microscope once I get it, haha!
But overall I'm excited to see mine in person.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results