shape
carat
color
clarity

tv bad for kids

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Storm, you just made my night! I''m now EXTREMELY proud (and grateful) that my almost 3 year old can sing Oh, Holy Night.

But, seriously, why would this come as a shock to anyone??

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I disagree that television is doing any damage, it''s LACK of parenting skills IMHO. Both my children watched numerous kid shows and Disney movies with me when they were little. They could speak far more words than other kids, spell, read sooner and had great computer skills before kindergarten. My niece watches lots of kid friendly t.v. and is one of the brightest little girls with a memory that I''d kill for. Heck, her imagination skills tire out everyone she meets. Both of my children are on the honor roll every marking period(they''re now in middle school).

If you''re with your kid, interacting with them WHILE they are watching television(asking questions, doing the silly things with them that the characters are doing, singing the songs too) then it''s different than what the article is saying.

I''ve been a helper in the schools for years and the children that have problems are the ones that parents are not spending enough time with.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results