shape
carat
color
clarity

Tuesday 7/26/05 Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning Ladies! Well I got through one day anyway.
9.gif
This morning I got up and did 50 minutes on the eleptical machine and did upper arms exercises. I did about 30 situps on the ball but not enough to count. Lazy KK. I will get up earlier tommorow morning so I can do more. How is everyone else doing?
FFF- did the evil Ben and Jerrys monster attack?
AG- How was your weigh in this morning?
AchiO- Are you still doing the scuba stuff nearly every day?
BG- Where are ya?

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Well this is from yesterday, but I ran only 2.5 miles and did 30 min. of weights and some ab workout stuff. I think I was dehydrated or something cause I had a stitch in my side the whole time, so I cut the workout short! Ah well, it still counts!

Matotora, I didn''t get the chance to tell you good luck on your new diet! I did the South Beach diet last summer, I only lasted two weeks (although I did lose 7 pounds). I felt so light-headed not having carbs and I was totally craving them! But that is me and everyone is different! If you can stick with it and really committ to it as a new lifestyle, I say more power to you!!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!
36.gif
36.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Great job ladies!
36.gif

Yesterday, I went to my b/f's and my dad's triple header (they play on the same team). So no gym for me. It was so disgustingly hot and humid, though, that I'm sure a sweated off a pound.
14.gif

I have plans to go to the gym tonight with my sis.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Irish Eyes---I think my will power will be strongly correlated with the numbers I see on my scale. 173 yesterday morning 171 this morning. If I could lose two pounds a day I would be done in a month and half...
30.gif
Well my goal is really about 120. When I weigh 140 I can get into a 6/8. I would like to be smaller then my SO.
Hey two weeks is still two weeks. I am all proud of myself and patting my self on the back becuase I made it through a day. I am sorry your side was giving you trouble. Is dehydration what does that? Good work anyway...2.5 miles is a long way to run.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning all!!!!

To try and mix it up a bit I did one hour on the treadmill this morning using the fat-burning program and felt the burn. The incline changes back & forth from incline 2 to 5.5. I control the speed & decided to not push it today so i kept it 3 mph (I know- that''s a 20 min mile
3.gif
) I wear a heart monitor and my heart rate was in the cardio range most of the time, I was sweating quite a bit and felt that incline, so despite my slow speed I was still happy with the workout.

Well, Matatora- the evil b&j monster did NOT attack last night!!! I was so good yesterday- kept my food journal w/ a running tally of calories, fat & protein. I was a little light on the calories for my size & in track with the fat grams- got in some good protein, so I was very proud of a few things: my excerise, my food choices & my control: I said no to lunch out, no to sharing ring dings with my office-mate, for dinner BF was busy & just threw in a frozen pizza
6.gif
- I ate one small slice instead of three & actually didn''t feel deprived. A little later I had one skinny cow ice cream sandwich (mint, mmmmmm) felt satisfied & that was it! Got my water in- which for me is 64oz during the day and another 24oz during my workout.

Matatora- great job with your workout today!!! How was the first day food-wise? I know it''s cheesy, but remember that old saying "nothing tastes as good as looking good feels" or something like that
3.gif
Are you craving any carbs? I know that when I''m in the mood for beef I could LIVE on it, so I hope you''re on a protein high right now!

I''m sending good wishes to AG at her WW weigh in this am- she is going to look so beautiful in her dream dress!!!!

Keep up the great job, ladies!!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Matatora- I''m glad to hear that your first day went well and you''re down 2 lbs! However, I am concerned that you said you think your ability to stay on your plan will be strongly influenced by the scale. You cannot even possibly lose 2 lbs/ day, nor would you want to (not healthy!). You are not going to see your weight decrease everyday; some days you will see an increase! At the beginning, you will see a nice initial loss I bet, but the majority of it is water. Carbs make you retain a lot more water.

Have you considered also taking your measurements? This is really a better way to track your progress than the scale. It sounds like you''re doing great so far, but I just don''t want to see you set yourself up for failure by focusing too much on numbers.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
FFF- You are kicking bum!!!
9.gif
Very nice. I would not have been able to stop at one slice pizza...maybe one whole pizza!
11.gif
I am really proad of you! Are you finding that the extra water makes it easier to not eat? I always make myself drink a bottle of water prior to eating when I am on a diet. Yesterday I was super busy trying to do somethings for a group I volunteer with in T-town on the comp and playing with my little sister. So I was able to not eat a thing until dinner. I had steak with a ton of salt (I am glad my blood pressure is always so low I couldnt live without salt) but I managed not to give into the temptaion of Heinz 57. 3 miles an hour awlasy feels much faster to me on a treadmill then when I am walking outside...seems like a solid pace to me!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

IceKid-No need for 2lbs a day but a steady decrease would be nice. The best I ever did was my freashmen year of college I went 10.8 miles every day and did the stair climber for an hour 5 days a week. (tried weights but was to spastic at the time). I ate only chcken with stars and one can a day. I dropped 23 lbs to 140 then went back to "real food" and was able to maintain until fat camp where I ate nothing but salad. Sometimes I wonder if I have peices missing....never seem to fit in with others about weight issues. I really plan on going by my clothing size...I am a terriable measure and just never seem to get that right. I also plan on going by body fat though I loathe that giant egg...creepy I feel like a pod person in that thing. Right now my body fat hovers at about 38% I would like to be in a more healthy range. I figure as long a I am ketonic I will be losing weight steadily by the week.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Matadora...no, I''m not doing any SCUBA stuff since getting my certification...we''re leaving for Europe in 8 days and I don''t want to do anything that could either get me sick or potentially injure me, both of which could happen through SCUBA diving...so I''ll pick it up again when we return!!

Thanks for asking though!! I do miss it terribly....

Good job on your workout this AM...don''t minimize anything...some effort is better than none!!!
9.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/26/2005 9:33:30 AM
Author: Matatora
Thanks Irish Eyes---I think my will power will be strongly correlated with the numbers I see on my scale. 173 yesterday morning 171 this morning. If I could lose two pounds a day I would be done in a month and half...
30.gif
Well my goal is really about 120. When I weigh 140 I can get into a 6/8. I would like to be smaller then my SO.
Hey two weeks is still two weeks. I am all proud of myself and patting my self on the back becuase I made it through a day. I am sorry your side was giving you trouble. Is dehydration what does that? Good work anyway...2.5 miles is a long way to run.
Yes, usually when you are running or working out hard and you get a stitch in the side, it is usually a sign of dehydration. I learned that in basic training the hard way!!

2 pounds, woo hoo!!!
36.gif
wouldn''t it be nice if you could continue to lose that much everyday?! The human body is so confusing! when I was on south beach it was 2 lbs one day and then only like .5 the next
20.gif

Keep with it! You''re going to look great, although I''m sure you already do and just don''t see it!
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
YAY - finally I am out of the red (so to speak) - as of my WI this morning, I am back down 1 lb below where I was before I left for vacation. I have lost a total of 19.5 lbs (I swear I am going to break that stupid 20 lb barrier next week if it kills me
3.gif
).

Seriously though I am so happy to feel like I am finally back on track.

Thanks for all the support ladies and keep up the good work everyone (especially FFF and Matatora - what wonderful starts to your respective diet and exercise plans yesterday
9.gif
)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats everyone!! Keep in mind that your weight can fluctuate a few pounds with the EVIL water weight...
7.gif
...I can''t use the scale or I get depressed because I carry alot of muscle so my weight itself doesn''t fluctuate too much. I like the MEASURING TAPE, it doesn''t lie.
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results