shape
carat
color
clarity

trying to enjoy the moment... but i want my diamond! :)

olliepoppers

Rough_Rock
boyfriend and i have been dating for about five years, since i was 26 and he was 32. always a commitment-phobe, it took me a long time to come around, but faced with a health scare in december, with the very real possibility that i could lose the love of my life forever to his sudden illness just completely knocked some sense into me. i never, ever want to go a day without him being the love of my life.

fast forward five months... boyfriend is doing very well, and in fact, he just picked up my e-ring on monday that we both picked out together. however, since we picked out the ring together, i agreed that i am going to AT LEAST let him do the proposal thing -- he is very excited about planning something. likewise, i am so, so freakin' excited to be engaged to my best friend, but i am SO antsy about WHEN it will happen! :loopy: what's worse, we share a very tiny new york city apartment, and he has HIDDEN the sparkly thing somewhere! it is taking every ounce of my willpower not to do a little snooping. :boohoo:

i guess it's only fair that he keep me waiting since i kept him waiting for so long! :doh:

boyfriend has told me to enjoy this remaining time being just boyfriend and girlfriend while i can -- boy, am i trying!!!!

i am going nuts here!! i have literally been on pricescope obsessively since the day we ordered the ring eight weeks ago. so glad there's a place on the interwebs like this, and some fellow lovely ladies to share and empathize with!!

:::takes a deep breath:::

thank you for reading!! :D

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am glad your boyfriend is doing well now, health wise. That must be a giant relief. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get a proposal soon.

In the meantime, why don't you tell us about your ring. What does it look like?

olliepoppers

Rough_Rock
Ariadne_Theia|1463764673|4034044 said:
I am glad your boyfriend is doing well now, health wise. That must be a giant relief. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get a proposal soon.

In the meantime, why don't you tell us about your ring. What does it look like?

Thanks Ariadne! I am HUGELY relieved, and very lucky and grateful.

As for the proposal, we're on day 5, and counting... LOL

We actually ordered the ring BEFORE I stumbled upon PS (doh!), so I'm actually annoying boyfriend with a ton of PS-inspired anxiety-induced questions about the ring since he won't let me see it before he proposes. "Ask the appraiser to include images for light performance," "are the surrounding stones a color H? because PS told me that since we have a center stone E, the lowest we can go for the flanking stones is F/G," "do those other stones look too yellow?" etc.! I am also already talking about my stone upgrade for our fifth anniversary. Poor guy. :tongue:

All PS-influence aside, I will be happy with the ring we chose together because it is from him. It is a 1-carat Very Good Cut Radiant E Color VS2, in a setting with two trillion-cut stones flanking the center stone, and a three-sided micropave along the top half of the band. It is from Blue Nile, and will look something like this (except the center stone will be a radiant):

myring_11.jpg

As long as the trillions aren't too yellow against my center stone, all should be well. :saint:

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow! That will be gorgeous! When you finally get to start wearing it, you have to post a bunch of pictures of it!

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Hi OlliePoppers! :wavey:

SOOOOO Glad to hear your boyfriend is ok! I can't begin to imagine how scary something like that could be! :errrr: As for the waiting... UGh... In the same boat with you... Your ring is SO GORGEOUS!!! Can't wait to see pics of it when you get to wear it! Do you have any hints about your proposal? When? Where? How?

olliepoppers

Rough_Rock
Thanks Ariadne and lmcriss! I am definitely thankful for everything I have and that the love of my life is ok.

Other than that... the waiting continues. He says he's planning something, so I am just going to have to continue waiting for a while. I am SO impatient!! Haha. :errrr:

Are you ladies still waiting as well? I wanna hear about your rings!!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely ring. So glad your bf is in better health. I don't blame you for wanting that bling right now! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Ittybittykittykat

Shiny_Rock
:wavey: Welcome olliepoppers! Glad to hear your BF is in good health and you're over the commitment fear. The three stone ring sounds lovely! Hope your stay is short and sweet. :))

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
olliepoppers|1464734521|4038669 said:
Thanks Ariadne and lmcriss! I am definitely thankful for everything I have and that the love of my life is ok.

Other than that... the waiting continues. He says he's planning something, so I am just going to have to continue waiting for a while. I am SO impatient!! Haha. :errrr:

Are you ladies still waiting as well? I wanna hear about your rings!!

I am waiting but HOPEFULLY my wait will end in the next few weeks :pray: :shhh: I'm going to have a yellow old flower ring (it's not really floral themed because it's an actual flower that looks like a wild rose) with a cut corner square brilliant tealish/bluish/goldish Montana sapphire :D There are pictures on my "New Lady in Waiting" thread if you want to see :D

I wouldn't worry about your side stones being too yellow. I'm sure they'll be absolutely beautiful, and the color grades are SO close that you probably won't be able to tell at all! :D

trillioncuts

Rough_Rock
lmcriss... did you get your diamond??

After a very long wait, I finally got mine on September 1st! I am over the moon excited!!!

_38161.jpg

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
trillioncuts|1473207104|4073899 said:
lmcriss... did you get your diamond??

After a very long wait, I finally got mine on September 1st! I am over the moon excited!!!

Congratulations Trillion!!! Your ring is beyond GORGEOUS!!!! :love: :love: :love: :clap: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :dance: Tell us everything! We want to hear all about your proposal!!!! :D

I haven't gotten my ring yet :( I was hoping he would pop the question last week when my parents were in town but no such luck. However, I think he DID have a conversation with my dad and my pretty stone isn't in the safe, so HOPEFULLY SOON!!!! :love:

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
and BTW.... your side stones are GORGEOUS with your center stone!!! :love:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring sounds like it will be very pretty, ollie. I'm sure BlueNile will do a good job with side stone colors that will go well with the center stone.

Belated congratulations on your engagement, trillion! Your e-ring looks fabulous on your hand!

jasmin90

Rough_Rock
Wow what a gorgeous diamond ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results