shape
carat
color
clarity

Trying to create a smaller version of this cluster ring

nutellakitty

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Last year I designed and customized this cluster ring for my mom as a "gift". I originally wanted to keep this ring for myself, because my mom did not like the blue/green tourmaline when she first saw it. The stone itself is nice, great clarity and color but the cut is not so attractive. It was like almost 5 ct and came with a face of 13*10mm and a big window.
To solve the problem, I sent it to recut and was down to less than 4ct.
My mom was still not so interested in this piece after the recut (her taste is very special), so I decided to sent this undesirable tourmaline to the jeweler, with some other loose sapphires and tsvs I purchased a long time ago not knowing what to do with them.

I will skip the story how I came with the design and color combo because it took me two months browsing through Instagram, Pinterest and fancy jewelry sale websites.Hahaha.

When the ring finished, my mom fell in love with it immediately. This piece was too big for my hand. I am in size US 4.25 and this ring measures 20*15mm. This time I am trying to create a smaller version for my smaller hand.

nutellakitty

Shiny_Rock
Trade
3A1D8815-03F6-4C6C-B95B-5199FA8F2E44.jpeg
This is the piece I am trying to work on. Picture quality is poor.

This it s a 4ct Afganistan Tourmaline. Face is 12*9*6. It has a big window on the sides and I also would like to get a different cut style to get better fire(I am thinking Barion Oval).

In real life this stone is of a very vibrant green with bluish tone on the two sides. I hope after the recut it will show more blue in color.

I also sent the 3 pieces in the box to recut together, hopefully they will look better after loosing some weight. Haha.

Last edited:

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock

Last year I designed and customized this cluster ring for my mom as a "gift". I originally wanted to keep this ring for myself, because my mom did not like the blue/green tourmaline when she first saw it. The stone itself is nice, great clarity and color but the cut is not so attractive. It was like almost 5 ct and came with a face of 13*10mm and a big window.
To solve the problem, I sent it to recut and was down to less than 4ct.
My mom was still not so interested in this piece after the recut (her taste is very special), so I decided to sent this undesirable tourmaline to the jeweler, with some other loose sapphires and tsvs I purchased a long time ago not knowing what to do with them.

I will skip the story how I came with the design and color combo because it took me two months browsing through Instagram, Pinterest and fancy jewelry sale websites.Hahaha.

When the ring finished, my mom fell in love with it immediately. This piece was too big for my hand. I am in size US 4.25 and this ring measures 20*15mm. This time I am trying to create a smaller version for my smaller hand.

wow well that ring is stunning and a very generous gift! Do you have any hand pictures? and what other stones are in the original?

I am excited to see how this project progresses for you!!!

nutellakitty

Shiny_Rock
Trade
wow well that ring is stunning and a very generous gift! Do you have any hand pictures? and what other stones are in the original?

I am excited to see how this project progresses for you!!!
Here is the video my mom took. My mom is US size 5.5 ring finger and US size 7 her middle finger and this ring fits her nicely.
Glad that you like it. Yellow pieces are pear yellow sapphires and green pieces are diamond cut tsvs. I am planning to use pear shaped 4*3 Chrysoberyls for my new ring.

nutellakitty

Shiny_Rock
Trade
3A1D8815-03F6-4C6C-B95B-5199FA8F2E44.jpeg
This is the piece I am trying to work on. Picture quality is poor.

This it s a 4ct Afganistan Tourmaline. Face is 12*9*6. It has a big window on the sides and I also would like to get a different cut style to get better fire(I am thinking Barion Oval).

In real life this stone is of a very vibrant green with bluish tone on the two sides. I hope after the recut it will show more blue in color.

I also sent the 3 pieces in the box to recut together, hopefully they will look better after loosing some weight. Haha.
For the baby pink piece I already have a plan with it. This baby pink piece is cut nicely (no window almost precision cut)but I am obsessed with the Barion Oval cut and Elyque oval cut recently. I want to get one piece of that cut really desperately. Haha.
I will communicate with my cutting master to see if it is necessary recut and I am planning to make a double halo of hot pink and baby pink spinel around it.

nutellakitty

Shiny_Rock
Trade
After shortly discussed with my cuttering master, I was told that the pavilion will be recut to this below. She cannot do the barion oval girdle because there is not enough depth.
12B4F75A-3D35-4F70-9F2A-971D0E9BD793.jpeg

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How exciting! I love the pieces you showed on your other thread and I’m looking forward to seeing this ring!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its awsome your mum loves this one
The colours worked perfect

Now,its like your making a mimi me for yourself

Mum's one worked out so well i am sure this one will be perfect too

nutellakitty

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Its awsome your mum loves this one
The colours worked perfect

Now,its like your making a mimi me for yourself

Mum's one worked out so well i am sure this one will be perfect too

Thanks!
My new green piece size ended up to be 11*7. Hopefully I can control the ring face to be be under 15*11 so it won’t be too big after the double halo.

nutellakitty

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Is a ring really ever too big ...
;)2

Haha I have small hands. Ring finger size US 4.25 and my fingers are very short. Rings with face over 15mm looks enormous and bulky on my hand. 4Ct stones look like 10ct+ on my hand!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha I have small hands. Ring finger size US 4.25 and my fingers are very short. Rings with face over 15mm looks enormous and bulky on my hand. 4Ct stones look like 10ct+ on my hand!

Lucky girl!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe just a gift certificate next time? :P2

Kudos on the time and energy you invest in this relationship. I could not keep doing that without encouragement or appreciation. But maybe I am missing something in the telling of the story...

nutellakitty

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Maybe just a gift certificate next time? :P2

Kudos on the time and energy you invest in this relationship. I could not keep doing that without encouragement or appreciation. But maybe I am missing something in the telling of the story...

Haha, I learned from this experience that my mom, (no knowledge and interest in gemstones but loves jewelry pieces), is not really understand loose stones and she cannot tell this loose stone going to be look nice in a jewelry. She likes the ring a lot and it is a very successful gift.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results