shape
carat
color
clarity

Trump privately handed Merkel an invoice for $374 BILLION! AWKWARD!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fox didn't say he gave her an invoice; they said:
President Trump pressed German Chancellor Angela Merkel “hard” on NATO dues during the leaders’ Oval Office meeting on Friday, Fox News is told – a point the president underscored during their joint press conference minutes later.
I don't interpret 'dues' literally; rather, them 'pulling their weight' when it comes to defense spending.

From the article you posted:
“Many nations owe vast sums of money from past years, and it is very unfair to the United States,” Trump said at the press conference, discussing the need for NATO allies to pay “their fair share” for defense. “These nations must pay what they owe.”

If you interpret Chump's comments LITERALLY, then yes, he sounds like an idiot.

So which is it - should we interpret all politically-related comments literally or not? The flip-flopping on this to suit one view or another doesn't allow for consistent interpretation and exchange of ideas. Just my $0.02.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate summed it up perfectly. How is it a stretch to think that Trump supporters don't understand NATO when Trumo HIMSELF doesn't understand it? Why would people support someone if they knew how ignorant he is on these issues? This isn't some judgemental liberal conspiracy theory---trump has shown time and time again to have zero understanding of NATO. thus, I assume people who support him believe him (therefore also not understanding), otherwise those people wouldn't support him because they would realize he's a moron.

BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW NOR HAVE FACTS TO BACK UP YOUR STATEMENTS. And please, quit relying on everyone else's posts of your comments and just explain them yourself in your own words.

Your 'logic' does not reflect positively on your own intellect, and makes you appear quite a hypocrite. Since you supported HRC, your logic means you are ignorant of truthfulness & ComSec, have a whizz-poor memory, condone politicians making false statements & anti-Semitic slurs, and support maliciously targeting women who are alleged victims of sexual harassment & assault, and the list goes on.

Is that who you are, Lovedogs? If not, perhaps rethink your choice of words when casting such stereotypical blanket judgments on others. Because if you stand by your earlier statement, then don't be surprised when others think less of you, regardless of your education.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW NOR HAVE FACTS TO BACK UP YOUR STATEMENTS. And please, quit relying on everyone else's posts of your comments and just explain them yourself in your own words.

Your 'logic' does not reflect positively on your own intellect, and makes you appear quite a hypocrite. Since you supported HRC, your logic means you are ignorant of truthfulness & ComSec, have a whizz-poor memory, condone politicians making false statements & anti-Semitic slurs, and support maliciously targeting women who are alleged victims of sexual harassment & assault, and the list goes on.

Is that who you are, Lovedogs? If not, perhaps rethink your choice of words when casting such stereotypical blanket judgments on others. Because if you stand by your earlier statement, then don't be surprised when others think less of you, regardless of your education.

oh FFS. Are you seriously this rude? This stubborn?

Here are some words for you: If you listen to Trump's words, or read his tweets, you will know he has zero understanding of how NATO works. My facts are his own words. If you don't think that's enough "facts", then I can't help you.

Ahh yes, back to HRC. Because the only way for anyone to condone Trump is to go back and insult her. That makes sense.

I won't re-think my words, but thanks for the suggestion. And please, feel free to think less of me. That's your choice and your right. Have a super good time with that.

EDIT: 2 seconds of googling helped me find this quote from Trump about NATO. There are your facts that he doesnt understand how it works. I'm going to go ahead and interpret his words as he wrote them, making him sound like a buffoon who is confused by NATO and the entire system.

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 10.15.29 AM.png

Last edited:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh FFS. Are you seriously this rude? This stubborn?

Here are some words for you: If you listen to Trump's words, or read his tweets, you will know he has zero understanding of how NATO works. My facts are his own words. If you don't think that's enough "facts", then I can't help you.

Ahh yes, back to HRC. Because the only way for anyone to condone Trump is to go back and insult her. That makes sense.

I won't re-think my words, but thanks for the suggestion. And please, feel free to think less of me. That's your choice and your right. Have a super good time with that.

EDIT: 2 seconds of googling helped me find this quote from Trump about NATO. There are your facts that he doesnt understand how it works. I'm going to go ahead and interpret his words as he wrote them, making him sound like a buffoon who is confused by NATO and the entire system.

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 10.15.29 AM.png

I am not being 'rude'; you're either being 1) a judgmental hypocrite, or 2) completely ignorant of how blatantly your words (and inability to apologize for them, if NOT intentional) infer a level of superiority that you seem to feel over 'Trump supporters'. I am merely calling you out on it because - as someone who has touted her extensive education and constant 'liberal parroting' for acceptance of others - well, let's just say either the pot is calling the kettle black, or the pot doesn't realize that she herself is a soot-covered pot.

I wasn't bringing HRC up to beat the maggot-infested dead horse of her failures; rather to show you how your own logic makes you look since you supported her ... just like how you judged 'Trump supporters'. If the truth of your own logic applied to yourself hurts you, perhaps consider your logic is flawed because it is no different, except you are on the receiving end. And the truth hurts.

And don't allow yourself to be even further mistaken - I am not condoning or supporting Chump, or his choice in words or what he does or doesn't know about NATO; I am addressing the hypocrisy of YOUR words, which you still apparently fail to comprehend their meaning - even when plainly defined for you. And you call Trump supporters 'parrots' ... :hand:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Statesmanship.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not being 'rude'; you're either being 1) a judgmental hypocrite, or 2) completely ignorant of how blatantly your words (and inability to apologize for them, if NOT intentional) infer a level of superiority that you seem to feel over 'Trump supporters'. I am merely calling you out on it because - as someone who has touted her extensive education and constant 'liberal parroting' for acceptance of others - well, let's just say either the pot is calling the kettle black, or the pot doesn't realize that she herself is a soot-covered pot.

I wasn't bringing HRC up to beat the maggot-infested dead horse of her failures; rather to show you how your own logic makes you look since you supported her ... just like how you judged 'Trump supporters'. If the truth of your own logic applied to yourself hurts you, perhaps consider your logic is flawed because it is no different, except you are on the receiving end. And the truth hurts.

And don't allow yourself to be even further mistaken - I am not condoning or supporting Chump, or his choice in words or what he does or doesn't know about NATO; I am addressing the hypocrisy of YOUR words, which you still apparently fail to comprehend their meaning - even when plainly defined for you. And you call Trump supporters 'parrots' ... :hand:

Ok, so you're upset because you think I said something hypocritical. Let's review what I said.

First I said,
I would wager that many Trump supporters also have no idea how NATO works, so just parrot what he says (or call us "haters").

This upset you because I am assuming that many Trump supporters don't understand how NATO works.

I then further clarified (after Tekate summed it up very well) that I am making that assumption about "many Trump supporters" because Trump himself has no freaking idea how NATO works. I said this,
Tekate summed it up perfectly. How is it a stretch to think that Trump supporters don't understand NATO when Trumo HIMSELF doesn't understand it? Why would people support someone if they knew how ignorant he is on these issues?....(shortened for brevity)

You then had a caps lock meltdown about how "I DONT HAVE FACTS". I stated that my facts are Trump's own words.

You've now somehow done a 360 and claim that you never cared about Trump's words, or understanding of NATO, but are upset at my hypocrisy. Somehow you think this involves my support of HRC. That's fine, but please realize you just sound angry and illogical.

I don't think I'm being hypocritical by saying that Trump doesn't understand how NATO works, and therefore assuming that people who support him must also not understand (because if they did they likely wouldn't support him, since they would realize he's an idiot). You can think that's hypocritical, but you've still offered nothing to help me see your point of view.

If you're upset about my supposed "touting" of my education that's fine, but realize that these are unrelated issues. If you're upset about the fact that my words may sound as though I feel "superior" to Trump supporters that's fine too. I would say at this point that I can no longer understand any Trump supporters who aren't either in denial or in agreement with his xenophobic, racist, and corrupt agenda, so my words likely show my frustration.

What I'm not exactly clear on is why you are so dead-set on supporting Trump's idiocy while simultaneously making sure we all know that you aren't defending him. You also seem to think it's really important for "liberals" to realize their 'hypocrisy', which is also confusing.

Overall, you just seem mad, bitter, and not particularly logical.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I wasn't upset

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
A number of posts in this thread are escalating quickly and close to personal insults. Keep it kind or keep it off the forum.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so you're upset because you think I said something hypocritical. Let's review what I said.
IMG_1801.GIF

1) Worry not, lovedogs; I'm not 'upset'. You're a stranger on the internet whose opinion (no offense) is meaningless to me, thus, no 'free rent' for you. ;-)

2) There still is no evidence any 'NATO invoice' (refuted by both the U.S. and German administrations) exists that I have seen nor has any been posted, so it's a non-issue to me. And I'm not aware of anyone here having directly quizzed, questioned nor conversed with Trump to delve into what he knows about NATO aside from more assumptions about 140 characters in a tweet. So, I moved on from it until such evidence to the contrary surfaces, because in the absence of such, it's just another edition of the daily liberal BS Trump bashing, which is as tiresome as discussing HRC's many failings, and makes it even harder to take opposing opinions seriously ... "boy who cried wolf" and all...

3) For your benefit:
hypocritical
[hip-uh-krit-i-kuh l] adjective
1. of the nature of hypocrisy, or pretense of having virtues, beliefs,principles, etc., that one does not actually possess:
The parent who has a “do what I say and not what I do” attitude can appear hypocritical to a child.

2. possessing the characteristics of hypocrisy :
Isn't a politician hypocritical for talking about human dignity whilevoting against reasonable social programs?
When one repeatedly tells others on this forum (myself included) to accept, have empathy, tolerate, etc. others, then fails to demonstrate those very things herself, that is hypocritical.

4) Perhaps give my earlier post (below for your ease) a re-read in hopes you might grasp the hypocritical nature in which your comments come across. If you still fail to see my point, perhaps consider refraining from casting stereotypical & judgmental labels on others, since you have repeatedly posted here how much you seem to care about how others 'feel', but don't seem to care when they tell you that you perhaps offended people.

Here is what you said:
"I would wager (you appear to believe) that many Trump supporters (your stereotype) also have no idea how NATO works (your negative assumption of their intelligence or ignorance), so just parrot what he says (or call us "haters") (your assumptions of negative motive/behavior)."

That's all I am going to say on the matter of your comment. But should some evidence of this faux NATO invoice surface that proves Trump really believes a check is to be written from Germany to NATO, I will grab my pom-poms and join in the "Trump bash". :wavey:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS has an ignore function.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results