shape
carat
color
clarity

Trump lied about Melania's ring, imagine that!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t think anything that comes out of his mouth is the truth. He’s a pathological liar.

E7620DC3-ACE7-4F0C-9EB7-51FE4AE29F67.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So the lie was that he did NOT get a deal on the ring? Paid full price? Lol so much for the art of the deal.

I don’t have anything nice to say about this or him so I’ll stop now. I’ve recently decided I’m going to stop expending energy on trash-talking Trump. All it does is solidify his base’s love for him and hate for Democrats...that’s how I felt whenever I heard or read disparaging remarks about HRC.
ETA: that’s not to say that I won’t still READ trash talk about him and laugh!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So the lie was that he did NOT get a deal on the ring? Paid full price? Lol so much for the art of the deal.

I don’t have anything nice to say about this or him so I’ll stop now. I’ve recently decided I’m going to stop expending energy on trash-talking Trump. All it does is solidify his base’s love for him and hate for Democrats...that’s how I felt whenever I heard or read disparaging remarks about HRC.

That has been my strategy too though I occasionally lapse because my friends draw me in and his unbelievable behavior is quite the topic of convo. Good luck. It’s been the only thing keeping me sane I think. Trying to stay (for the most part)out of political threads.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My DF reckons the retailer has more to lose by admitting to the discount, especially considering who he is... :think:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone likes to feel like they are getting a deal. That is why vendors mark up exorbitantly and then have a 40% off sale. He is boastful of getting his deal. :roll2: Do we know how much the original price was? Graff says he did no "favors" so Trump got the "deal" everyone else would get.

I would add just because someone is wealthy doesn't mean they know jack about buying diamonds. That's why they pay Graff, Tiff, Sotheby's, etc.

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not surprised at all that Trump lied about her ring. Political fact checkers should start a tally of when he actually tells the truth. I’m surprised this story even made the news considering all the other things going on in the Trump administration.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
yeah donald lies about everything. I dont think he would tell the truth about anything unless he thought it would make him look good. Lying is as natural as breathing for trump. It is just who he is.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find myself forced to question the idea that he paid in full and on time. Hopefully it's true, because the jeweler wasnt letting go of the ring until payment was recieved. However, he has a track record of stiffing his contractors. I honesty don't understand why any business would enter a contract with his companies anymore, but that's a different thread.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s certainly the smallest lie he’s ever told regarding their marriage.
I think the smallest lie he's told regarding his marriage is about the size of his......errr....hands....:mrgreen2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this is fake news.
Err it is non fake news.
So it is fake but it isn't news.
It isn't fake.
Unless the ring is for sale, is it? On the secondary market? Then that IS news. Do PS'ers have a chance to purchase?:twisted:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the smallest lie he's told regarding his marriage is about the size of his......errr....hands....:mrgreen2:

I really think the entirety of his problems can be traced back to the size of his *hands*. Over compensation is his life.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who cares?

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Melania should get a new ring that hasn't been tainted by media controversy.

I'm willing to take her current ring.

Purchased at full price, discount or with Air Miles, doesn't affect it beauty in my eyes. :love:

Rings and children should never be brought into the political boxing ring. :naughty: ;)2

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Purchased at full price, discount or with Air Miles, doesn't affect it beauty in my eyes. :love:

Rings and children should never be brought into the political boxing ring. :naughty: ;)2

AMEN!! I'll take that stunner off her hands, err... hand. *pun intended* But, seriously... Melania, if you're reading this... please allow me to alleviate you of this tainted rock. Ya know... just one gal helping out another. ;-)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AMEN!! I'll take that stunner off her hands, err... hand. *pun intended* But, seriously... Melania, if you're reading this... please allow me to alleviate you of this tainted rock. Ya know... just a gal helping out another. ;-)

PSers are such a generous group of wonderful people. :halo::appl:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@msop ,

I believe I was first to offer to take her ring. :naughty:

I've contacted 'her people' with my offer and pointed out that her (stunning!) eternity is part and parcel mentally with the 'tainted' solitaire, so of course I'll take that as well. :mrgreen2:

Say what you will about the lady's taste in men, but I think her views on jewellery would get a strong majority vote.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@december-fire

I believe I was first to offer to take her ring. :naughty:

I've contacted 'her people' with my offer and pointed out that her (stunning!) eternity is part and parcel mentally with the 'tainted' solitaire, so of course I'll take that as well. :mrgreen2:

Say what you will about the lady's taste in men, but I think her views on jewellery would get a strong majority vote.

Fair enough, @december-fire... however, if you start getting sh!t from people about the origins of the rings, I will unselfishly take them off your hands. ;-)

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fair enough, @december-fire... however, if you start getting sh!t from people about the origins of the rings, I will unselfishly take them off your hands. ;-)

You're too kind!
However, for those rings, I don't care what anyone has to say! :mrgreen2:

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Maybe someone just told Trump that he was getting that deal. I mean, I can't really picture The Donald taking time out of his busy business day to go do something look at diamonds for the e-ring of wife #3 or #4 or whatever we are up to now. He probably sent an assistant, or sent Melania, or sent Melania + the assistant, and they told him that story about sucha deal,, which he then parroted back to news media. :lol-2:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results