shape
carat
color
clarity

Trouble with Event Rental Items

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I'm using a rental company close to my wedding site. They are the biggest one in the area and handle most of the weddings around there. What I can't get over is what they are lacking rental-wise. They don't have crystal chandeliers for the tent, only wrought iron... they don't have gold rimmed glasses and for some reason they don't even have anything as basic as table stantions! They also have next to nothing in terms of 'classic' style tableware.

I tried calling a rental place in my area but they won't rent chandeliers unless they rent me the tent. Also I could rent glassware and tableware from them but my planner says they have been known to deliver broken items and can't be trusted to rent from and have them haul it all the way down to Carmel. As a result I'm now struggling with having to potnetially ebay cheap-ish chandeliers, hand assemble them, wire them then have the event company string them up, that's if they'll even do it. Also my planner is trying to convince them to buy better glasses etc.

I feel like for all the money people make off of weddings and how common these items are in wedding reception photos that it shoudn't be this hard to get together! Should I go ahead and rent from two companies? Should I can them and find a whole new rental company? it will cost more to go with a new company probably and these guys aren't bad I just don't feel like I'm getting what I want out of it for all of the money I'm spending. My planner swears by them though... it's so frustrating!

ETA: The company my planner doesn't seem to like is Classic Party Rentals. They seem to have every single item I'd want but they will run more and have to cart everything down to Carmel. She has had bad luck with them she said. We're only a few months out from the wedding so it might be major to switch companies at this point...
7.gif
Has anyone used classic party rentals and would recommend them (or not)? Is it wise to switch everything right now or is it best to try the DIY route in terms of things like chandeliers.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Oh I just yelped classic party rentals, the reviews were less than favorable. Sigh.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Also does anyone know anywhere to get cheap, cool chandeliers other than ebay? Something I can see in person? Ebay does have good prices though!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
You might want to try Craigslist in your area. You won''t have matching chandeliers, but it''s a thought. Otherwise, I''d suggest Ikea.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20089464

These 2 you can maybe hang crystals/beaded ropes on...
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90098200
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30092475

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions. I''ll try craiglist. I think the ikea ones are a bit too small and basic for the tent but not a bad idea for something smaller in the future.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
How many do you need?

homedecorators.com isn't bad...but if you need more than 2-3 would get expensive

oooh oooh look at this page:

http://www.gallery802.com/ProductList.aspx?Category=2

There are several that are $100 or less...you could always resell on craigslist after...and this way they match!

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
This one is $99 from the previous page

A46-384LARGEB.jpg

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I need three anywhere from 1 to 3 tiers, and wow on that site. Those are just what I was looking at on ebay except cheaper!! Awesome thanks for finding that site!!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
That single tiered one you posted was no cheaper than 129 on ebay and the same goes for the 2 tier plus ones, all cheaper on your site!

ETA: Acutally I take that back, great deal on the one tiers! Cheap on ebay for the two tiers, unless they dont charge shipping or something then it may be a better deal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results