shape
carat
color
clarity

Tried my hand at engagement chicken last Friday

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HappyCat

Rough_Rock
No proposal yet, but I do have to say, it was delicious! FF was very impressed by it. And it did spark some unusual behavior in him. I generally take care of the housework and laundry because I work fewer hours than he does, but when I got home from work on Saturday, he had cleaned the house, and had done a load of laundry. He said he didn''t like the idea of me coming home from a busy morning at the office to a dirty house. So apparently engagement chicken is also useful if you want the house cleaned.
2.gif

Hope everyone is having a great week!

~HappyCat

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
wooohoo!

awesome news! :)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL I loooove engagement chicken and I make it often. FI says it reminds him of his grandmother''s cooking, and it''s the only time he will each chicken off the bone. I take this to be a huge compliment.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice!

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
I''m thinking of making it later this week... our place does need a good cleaning!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 11:34:34 AM
Author:HappyCat
No proposal yet, but I do have to say, it was delicious! FF was very impressed by it. And it did spark some unusual behavior in him. I generally take care of the housework and laundry because I work fewer hours than he does, but when I got home from work on Saturday, he had cleaned the house, and had done a load of laundry. He said he didn''t like the idea of me coming home from a busy morning at the office to a dirty house. So apparently engagement chicken is also useful if you want the house cleaned.
2.gif

Hope everyone is having a great week!

~HappyCat
That''s awesome! I still need to try this recipe because everyone raves about its deliciousness.

I also work fewer hours than my FI but he still has to do his share of housework and laundry...haha...I''m terrible!
16.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 11:57:54 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
LOL I loooove engagement chicken and I make it often.
I made it for the fourth or fifth time this past Sunday. Used the leftover chicken for Fettucini Alfredo the next night too. Delish.
18.gif

Have not had the housecleaning side effects though, DARN!
9.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
FI''s off chicken this month (he goes through phases
20.gif
lol) but when he does decide he feels like chicken I am definitely going to make this!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Forgive me for being the ignorant one, but WHAT is this engagement chicken we are speaking of???? Me like the sounds of it!!!!
18.gif

HappyCat

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 7:44:46 AM
Author: ilovesparkles
Forgive me for being the ignorant one, but WHAT is this engagement chicken we are speaking of???? Me like the sounds of it!!!!
18.gif

Engagement chicken: http://www.glamour.com/magazine/2006/07/engagement-chicken

It is delicious, and well worth the effort even if your man doesn''t immediately drop to his knee after tasting it.
3.gif
One note, the actual cooking time is much longer than the recipe calls for. My bird was in the oven for around 2 hours I think. Good luck!
1.gif

~HappyCat

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Wow
23.gif
I might have to try this on my husband
31.gif
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results