shape
carat
color
clarity

Traveling Brides -- How Do You Keep Your Dress Wrinkle-free

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
I''m trekking from DC to Vermont very soon and I have no idea how to keep the wrinkles out of my dress and veil. Should I perhaps steam them when I get up there? Scary.

Does anyone have any suggestions, experience?

Thanks!

luvn2oxfrd

Rough_Rock
we had a destination wedding and i had a huge ballgown and cathedral train. i packed each piece in a separate bag (dress, petticoat, veils) and then ironed the dress when we arrived (my dress was silk and could not be steamed!) ...make sure you check with your seamstress (at alterations) to make sure your dress can be steamed or if it must be ironed!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I am taking my dress along for a DW as well. There is no way to keep the dress wrinkle-free when traveling with it. You will need to iron or steam it when you get there. I am having the hotel take care of this for me when I arrive.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hee hee i just bought a hand steamer at like target and we used it for my dress and the BM''s and my mom''s dress etc while we were there. but my dress was pretty simple, so it wasn''t a big deal, probably just hanging it for a few days in the hawaii humidity would have taken care of it on it''s own!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Like Mara, I also brought a hand steamer with me to the tropics, but my dress didn't wind up getting wrinkled at all. (Gotta love synthetic fabrics...) The steamer worked great on the cotton & silk sundresses I brought with me, though. I brought my dress with me on the plane in a garmet bag & hung it up in 1st class.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results