shape
carat
color
clarity

Travelers Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Who here has their ring insured by Travelers? What are your thoughts? It seems that Chubb is the all out winner for many, but my agent told me that it's pretty much the same.

Replacement value, world wide coverage, loss, fire, theft, yearly inflation calculation, etc. and cheaper than Chubb. Of course, I also got renters insurance through them at the same time.

Any thoughts? I did a quick search on Travelers. Really what I see is that it all depends on the agent apparently?

Thanks!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I think the biggest difference with Chubb is that they have a cashout option where they pay you the cash rather than have the replacement option. I think you pay a higher premium for it. Some of the people here have it. If you don't have the cash out option, just make sure that the insurance co has LOTS of detail on the stone and setting so that you get a true equivalent replacement. I've read that you can work with them on what is really an acceptable replacement if it is well documented.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
No, that's what I'm saying. My agent said that Travelers will cut me a check if I file a claim. So I went with it since it was a bit cheaper.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
You would think that at least one insurance agent would be reading these boards. Just for some additional leads. Hrm.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results