shape
carat
color
clarity

Travel question - any WA psers or PNW out there? Wondering about ONP this June

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

I decided to post this question in PS first, because when I look at Trip Advisor forums - ouch some ppl can be mean in their replies (why is this?). We were thinking of visiting Olympic National Park in mid-June; I was doing some research though and it appears that some sites (like Second Beach) are still closed due to Covid. We were in Yellowstone last summer and visitor centers were not open but we still were able to have a lovely visit. Wondering if anyone has any input/experience. We have never been to the park before. TIA!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! WA resident here. Our opening progress is really complicated. Each county is different. Some went backwards. Also, reservations are a different thing as are state and national forests. What is open changes every couple of weeks. Some areas are easy to go and not notice anything closed. Other areas not so much.

I would expect by June that most things will be open. Let me know if you want specific suggestions when the time gets closer or alternatives that are open if the things you were looking at are closed.

The peninsula is gorgeous. I hope you are able to go and enjoy your visit!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Hi! WA resident here. Our opening progress is really complicated. Each county is different. Some went backwards. Also, reservations are a different thing as are state and national forests. What is open changes every couple of weeks. Some areas are easy to go and not notice anything closed. Other areas not so much.

I would expect by June that most things will be open. Let me know if you want specific suggestions when the time gets closer or alternatives that are open if the things you were looking at are closed.

The peninsula is gorgeous. I hope you are able to go and enjoy your visit!

Thank you! We went ahead and started doing some booking. A few days at Lake Quinault and a few days at Forks bookended with Seattle. It seems that some beaches are closed bc of the reservations which makes sense. I think we will still have a good visit!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results