shape
carat
color
clarity

Transition Cut Diamond 56/56 Table and Depth. Do You Think This Diamond Would Have Fish Eye?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a great deal diamond that I don't need but the price is very tempting. I won't be able to see the diamond in person and the seller does not take returns. Seems risky but I know transition cut diamonds can be shallow and beautiful. The pictures and video are not professional and I honestly cannot tell. They look nice........ but no way to know for sure. Any thoughts welcome.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fortune favors the bold.
Fun money = yes
If it takes away from other things = no.

A pendant over a ring maybe?
Since you have table/depth you must have access to more info that seems ok from a lab report. How old is it?
This isn’t your first rodeo.
I think you know ;))

Hope you come back to share either way.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you post some of the pictures?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Or better yet put that baby on hold if you can! Some hounds recognize specific vendor shots

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! I have a 50 table with a 53.3 depth. I know your numbers and my numbers aren't the same, but mine doesn't have a fish eye despite being shallow with a 50 table. :)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
+1. My OEC has a 51% table and 54% depth and it doesn’t have a fish eye.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
+2 mine is 51.2 depth, 52% table and no fisheye that I’ve seen
B28A1FE6-11C2-452A-B51C-631C4FE13688.jpeg

I thank everyone for the replies.

@foxinsox - this picture was very helpful. Beautiful diamond. Thank you.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thank everyone for the replies.

@foxinsox - this picture was very helpful. Beautiful diamond. Thank you.
You’re welcome! You’ll be making some trade offs in terms of the classic proportions for transitionals but they really can be lovely even with the “wrong” specs. Let your eyes judge

weemie

Shiny_Rock
You’re welcome! You’ll be making some trade offs in terms of the classic proportions for transitionals but they really can be lovely even with the “wrong” specs. Let your eyes judge

@foxinsox is completely right here, your eyes will be a great judge with your transitional! I almost sent mine back due to the colour but the cut drew me in! I let my eyes make the decision. @Rfisher makes a great point, fun money yes, money you’ll miss then maybe not!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I don’t think there are any “deals” with diamonds… you get what you pay for. Also, I would never buy a diamond with a no return policy. That is a huge red flag. The lack of professional pictures and videos is also questionable. But the biggest issue is that you cannot return it and you are buying sight unseen. Personally, I think this is a horrible idea! I’m sorry to be so negative, I just hate for you to be duped.

weemie

Shiny_Rock
I don’t think there are any “deals” with diamonds… you get what you pay for. Also, I would never buy a diamond with a no return policy. That is a huge red flag. The lack of professional pictures and videos is also questionable. But the biggest issue is that you cannot return it and you are buying sight unseen. Personally, I think this is a horrible idea! I’m sorry to be so negative, I just hate for you to be duped.

Actually I agree, I do think being able to return is very important! I could have which gave me a lot of reassurance and the seller was very helpful while I was trying to decide. However, I do think you have a good knowledge @Lisa Loves Shiny and if you feel confident in your judgement then you should trust it!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are SO many resellers out there now snatching up the stuff that’s worth snatching up. Unfortunately it’s led me to the same place as @headlight - I’m automatically skeptical of any good deals in the “affordable” price ranges because surely if it was truly a good deal one of the myriad IG dealers would have poached it by now?

I do think there are still good deals to be had in the more expensive realms, because those sorts of large-outlay purchases aren’t generally the type that hobbyists or tiny business can front or move. But of course the extra expense is inherently extra risky!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results