shape
carat
color
clarity

Traditonal Wedding Cake or a Cupcake Cake?

Danielle Knoxson

Rough_Rock
Has anyone had a cupcake style wedding cake? I am trying to decided if it is better to go with the traditional wedding cake or have one make out of cupcakes. It would seem to me that it would be less mess to have cupcakes instead of cake? If anyone can give me ideas or advice it would greatly be appericated. Thank you. :D

turboflgrl

Shiny_Rock
Cupcakes for a less formal event. Personally, we had a cutesy three tier and I don't recall it ever getting messy. I think it's just personal preference along with what kind of vibe you want for your wedding.

60asldkfjalskdfjlaskdjflksadf.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I don't think it gets messy...usually staff at the reception venue is cutting the cake, it's not like people are diving into the tiers :) cupcakes are easier to self-serve though!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
cupcakes are a quicker and easier serve- but you're not doing the serving!! You get what you want, either way the serving staff will take care of everything and you will not have to worry about a thing!

We are doing a traditional wedding cake, we are having a more "formal" feel at our wedding...

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Trad cake for me. I wanted smaller slices than a cupcake, as we are having a dessert course, cheese and fruit and a candy table as well. I thought a whole cupcake would be too much for guests on top of it all.

Krae11

Rough_Rock
I've considered a cupcake cake as well, partly because my FI and I particularly love a cupcake shop nearby. But, I don't know anyone who has actually done it yet, so I don't know if it works out less messy or not.

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
We are having a destination wedding in Maui and then a reception when we return home that's totally untraditional. We're going to have no first dances or any of that mess, but we're having dueling pianos for entertainment so it's going to be an awesome time! We feel like cupcakes fit our vibe better and we like the option of having a variety of flavors.

Ours are coming from Georgetown Cupcake in DC (the same shop from DC Cupcakes on TLC) and they are DELICIOUS! Definitely happy with our choice and excited for our wedding and AHR :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ours got pretty messy on one side, when we were cutting the cake - DH just kinda grazed his hand over mine, and I started cutting, and somewhere in the middle of the second tier he suddenly decided he should have more input and yanked my hand over, and so the bottom half of the second tier and most of the third was kinda smushed on that side, with a gaping hole down the middle 8)

Oh well. Plenty of other stuff will go wrong on your wedding day, and it will still be perfect, if you do want a cake who cares about a few extra crumbs or stray dollops of icing here and there?

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
For a summertime outdoor wedding I would do cupcake cake. Anything else more formal then a traditional cake.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results