shape
carat
color
clarity

Towels

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2005 1:35:32 PM
Author: Mara
mrssalvo, the RH ones are the ones I am secretly coveting, but yes they are pricey! RH just had their annual bath sale in spring so guess I missed it!
5.gif

they really are awesome and really BIG. My sister has a few sets too. her hubby didn''t want to spend that much on towels but once he tried them he has been converted. They have the sheets too and my sister swears she sleeps sooo much better now
9.gif

They do sell some RH stuff on ebay but it usually ends up going for about what you''d pay at the store.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Those RH ones look great...However, when I buy a new set of towels, like for when i went to college or when i had a new apartmetn, that consists of 10 for me. Because I like having tons of them, and even more washcloths. And I dont use them twice, so it has to last a decent amt of time for me to do laundry. I could never spent $1000 or more on them!! Maybe one day I''ll be able to rationalize it. Until then, I''m going to stay away from that store, well, at least their towels
3.gif

Speaking of non absorbent fuzzy towels...my gym just got new towels, and i was like oooh soft! And then I''m on the machine and i wiped off some sweat and it didnt absorb anything! wtf!? and then i looked back at the mirror and I had fuzzies on my face! You''d think they''d know better than that.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2005 3:34:17 PM
Author: MichelleCarmen

Date: 7/24/2005 3:17:12 AM
Author: Kamuelamom
I gave the Walmart (Martex brand?) & Kmart (Martha Stewart brand) towels a chance (the nice big ones) and am pleasantly surprised that for only about $6.00/ea, a very thick, plush towel can be had and enjoyed.
Costco sells Martex too, also for $6.00, and they do absorb water well but these are the ones that fell apart on me. The seams on the edges unravelved after a few months. Maybe I just purchased a bad batch
7.gif
?
Hah! I was going to recommend them as - to quote my husband - "Not enough A''s in Absorb" They are really nice towels; but, admittedly only a month old. I wash them frequently & I haven''t experienced them falling apart - YET. They say they are egyptian cotton. They had a special on a cheery yellow for $4.60. In our bathroom, I have display towels (which look good for bloody ever because I hardly wash them) & towels that we use for bathing. I replace them with some frequency.

I tend to like Martex towels the best.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2005 12:16:13 PM
Author: Blue824
Speaking of non absorbent fuzzy towels...my gym just got new towels, and i was like oooh soft! And then I''m on the machine and i wiped off some sweat and it didnt absorb anything! wtf!? and then i looked back at the mirror and I had fuzzies on my face! You''d think they''d know better than that.
Blue, LOL!
9.gif
Don''tcha hate it when that happens?
14.gif
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2005 1:24:36 PM
Author: fire&ice
Hah! I was going to recommend them as - to quote my husband - ''Not enough A''s in Absorb'' They are really nice towels; but, admittedly only a month old. I wash them frequently & I haven''t experienced them falling apart - YET. They say they are egyptian cotton. They had a special on a cheery yellow for $4.60. In our bathroom, I have display towels (which look good for bloody ever because I hardly wash them) & towels that we use for bathing. I replace them with some frequency.

hahaha we have the "cheery" yellow and I love this color. Since I normally wear all black and tend to have toned down decorative items, it''s fun to wake up in the morning to happy little towels. lol - this set is actually one of two colors we bought at Costco. One set has held up, the other hasn''t.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2005 2:51:57 PM
Author: MichelleCarmen

Date: 7/28/2005 1:24:36 PM
Author: fire&ice
Hah! I was going to recommend them as - to quote my husband - ''Not enough A''s in Absorb'' They are really nice towels; but, admittedly only a month old. I wash them frequently & I haven''t experienced them falling apart - YET. They say they are egyptian cotton. They had a special on a cheery yellow for $4.60. In our bathroom, I have display towels (which look good for bloody ever because I hardly wash them) & towels that we use for bathing. I replace them with some frequency.

hahaha we have the ''cheery'' yellow and I love this color. Since I normally wear all black and tend to have toned down decorative items, it''s fun to wake up in the morning to happy little towels. lol - this set is actually one of two colors we bought at Costco. One set has held up, the other hasn''t.
I love the color - it''s like your very own sun! And, like you, bright colors aren''t me.

We have been purchasing our towels from Costco since they opened. All of them have lasted, retained absorbancy & color EXCEPT a Utica set that did exactly as you described. They were only a couple of years old and started to fray & RIP w/ BIG holes.
6.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just bought some great Wamsutta Bath Sheets at BBB for $14.99 a pop I think, they are HUGE and so far we have washed them several times and they are just fantastic.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2005 12:37:20 PM
Author: canuk-gal
Date: 7/26/2005 9:45:28 AM

Author: mrssalvo

my Ralph Lauren towels did not absorb at all
38.gif
My husband hated them and I ended up having to replace them all. We registered for them for wedding gifts so I had about 12 sets.

My mom recently purchased new towels from Restoration Hardware. They are a awesome and sooo soft, but are very pricey.
HI:

I had the same issue with RL--luckily I had only one set... My new favorite towels are made by Grand Patrician--''Seduction'' if you can find that line of theirs--I have several sets and they are consistent in quality in that they do not fade, are abosrbent, and remain soft and fluffy after repeated wash.

cheers--Sharon

I have a set of those Seduction ones! Got those at BBB! They are SO soft but they don''t come in any good colors :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/28/2005 6:52:41 PM
Author: ame

Date: 7/26/2005 12:37:20 PM
Author: canuk-gal

HI:
I had the same issue with RL--luckily I had only one set... My new favorite towels are made by Grand Patrician--''Seduction'' if you can find that line of theirs--I have several sets and they are consistent in quality in that they do not fade, are abosrbent, and remain soft and fluffy after repeated wash.

cheers--Sharon

I have a set of those Seduction ones! Got those at BBB! They are SO soft but they don''t come in any good colors :)
HI:

True Ame--but as luck would have it the only colors I found (dark navy blue and lilac) were just the ones I wanted!!

For years I bought ONLY Royal Velvet towels (by Fieldcrest) but I understand they''ve gone out of business--now I don''t seem to be as particular...HOWEVER I am becoming a sheet snob and can only have 600 thread counts.....soooooo soft. Went to a custom sheet shop and the gal offered 1100 thread count sheets but I would need to win the lotto (yes, lump sum) to spend $1350 on custom sheets....til then the others will do just fine and they are frequently on sale......

cheers--Sharon

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am picking up some 600 count sheets next trip to BBB. We are exchanging our electric knife, we really have no need for it, I can''t figure out why I registered for it... and paying the difference. I can''t decide which color to go with. We have Ivory and Deep Red. Both are 300 thread count, very soft but no where NEAR as soft as the 600s.

I wish the Seduction came in a nice vibrant red, orange or magenta, I can only find them in tan, ivory, white and a really funky ugly blue.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I just picked up some more Wamsutta towels today from Linen and Things. Right now they are my favorite towels. I have hit-or-miss luck with that store. I bought some pricier "spa towels" last year that totally did not absorb water. My DH was like "what the $(%*^ are these?!?!" They finally are absorbing a bit after washing them a lot, but we only put those out when we have company.

I also have bought the LNT store brand towels. Horrible! Snags everywhere and the purple totally faded after a couple of washes.

I used to buy the Royal Velvet kind - I didn''t realize they had gone out of business. No wonder I couldn''t find them anymore!

Ame - I would hang onto the electric knife. I thought the same thing - why did I sign up for this? My mom told me to hang onto it that I would use it "someday". I now find myself using it quite often. Usually for cutting meat but my DH used it for cutting a big piece of foam too.
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2005 2:38:52 AM
Author: jellybean
I also have bought the LNT store brand towels. Horrible! Snags everywhere and the purple totally faded after a couple of washes.
We also have a set of the LNT towels in purple but they''ve held up really good! I was thinking of buying another set, but maybe that particular set was just a lucky batch and the rest should be avoided?!

I just ordered a set of navy color Restoration Hardware hand towels that are on sale at their web site. These will be in the guest 1/2 bath. I''m really excited as they were only $14 for the set AND RH didn''t charge me any shipping
36.gif
If they''re nice, I may bite the bullet and order a set for the master bath and then get less fancy for the kids'' bath. We just moved in. . . or actually we''re still moving in and I''m now sort of deciding colors!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
My Jubilee towels from Walmart are still hanging tough, and have surprised me with its softness and absorbability. I''m going to look for a new set tomorrow in a fun bright color. OK, ok, maybe two new sets since they seem to have proven themselves. Even more so than the Martha Stewart ones. And I have been washing them pretty often and they haven''t shown a sign of wear yet, they just keep getting better!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
no shipping from RH, was there a sale!?!! now i am sad, did i miss it?!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2005 3:26:55 PM
Author: yellowfan
I just purchased my daughter a complete set of towels, solid and stripe, and wash cloths at Jc Penney and they seem to be fine.
21.gif

Which ones did you get? We got purple ones from the JCP Home collection (JCP BIG towel collection), and sage green ones from the JCP Entice collection. We''ve only used the Entice towels so far, but they are so SOFT!!! We didn''t wash them prior to use and they don''t leave fuzz on you like the Target towels I had in college (which also had zero absorbency! The roomies and I used them as a bathmat
20.gif
), and they absorb tons of H2O! After toweling off after a shower, they still feel dry to the touch. The Entice bath towels are $10 on sale now but the Home towels were on sale for $4!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2005 8:11:54 PM
no shipping from RH, was there a sale!?!! now i am sad, did i miss it?!
I have NO idea what the promotion was but I am thrilled with the deal!
9.gif
The towels were on clearance and initially the check out part charged shipping, but when my package arrive they hadn''t charged anything aside from tax.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also have towels from JC Penny''s. Right before I bought them I saw an article in a home mag. that said they were the best so I have had them for three years and they are great. I just checked theirn website and they are having a sale.
$4.99 for a bath towel, $8.99 for a Big towel, $3.99 for hand, and $3.49 for washcloth. Lots of colors too but I am like Mara and usually ALWAYS get white. Then they will never go out fo style or look dated.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The thought of white towels scares me. . .but, keep in mind I DO have two little boys. Their grandmother gave them each white t-shirts w/spiderman on them and after one wearing BOTH shirts were ruined. hahaha

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Michelle, a great thing about White towels is that you can bleach those suckers without any color repercussions! Part of why I like them!
31.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
don''t know if someone mentioned these or not--- but, the ones at BBB that are called Pure Beech are the best EVER!! soft, soft and silky... color has held up really well - i have them in burgandy...i just looked online and they are on sale. I highly recommend them. i don''t know that i could ever switch back! everything else feels like sandpaper now.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=104483&RN=273

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2005 1:13:52 PM
Michelle, a great thing about White towels is that you can bleach those suckers without any color repercussions! Part of why I like them!
31.gif

EXACTLY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results