shape
carat
color
clarity

Totally wanted to share this random story...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
So...

I met my girlfriend and her son for lunch today at Portillos (a hotdog place around where we live). As we''re sitting there chit-chatting, when a random older lady approached my friends son and begins talking to him about his hat. Now, in all honesty, it was a pretty loud hat...it had a big giant yellow Sponge Bob on it. But, she was totally sweet...and eventually the conversation evolved into her telling us that her granddaughter was about to become a Mom.

She was asking my friend all sorts of questions about what her son was like a baby, so on and so forth. Well, the older womans'' husband arrives with their lunches and although we''re sitting at different tables, we''re still intermingling with each other....until, the husband reaches over and shoves the older woman, hands her a knife and demands she cut his burger in half telling her (and I quote) "why doncha worry ''bout ''dis table first?"

Now, maybe I''m totally "new school" but that type of macho behavior doesn''t cut it with me (no pun intended). The older woman, apparently unfazed, takes the knife and cuts his burger in half...and he proceeds to practically inhale it gribbling grease all over himself and the table.

I was totally taken aback by that. So much so, that I just couldn''t keep it to myself!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
32.gif
32.gif

One time I was in the airport and saw an older guy WHISTLE (like you would trying to get a dog to come) at his wife to get her to go where he wanted. It made my skin crawl. The look on his face was pretty disrespectful too.

Yikes!

ETA: threadjack...and sorry if I already asked you this, because I have meant to, but tell me about your av! Is that a new baby or an old pic?

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 1:48:43 PM
Author: Miscka
32.gif
32.gif

One time I was in the airport and saw an older guy WHISTLE (like you would trying to get a dog to come) at his wife to get her to go where he wanted. It made my skin crawl. The look on his face was pretty disrespectful too.

Yikes!

ETA: threadjack...and sorry if I already asked you this, because I have meant to, but tell me about your av! Is that a new baby or an old pic?
I guess it''s all in what you get used to...if my husband ever wistled or ordered me to cut his meat, I''d be so turned off I think I would have to reevaluate our marriage. I just think if you''re old enough to be married, you''re old enough to cut your own meat!!!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
LOL. Seen it before many times. I think a lot of people are just grumpy (I''ve seen this particularly with seniors).

Just the other day I saw an older gentleman tell his wife, "Can''t you wait until we get home to get your damn cup of coffee?!" The poor lady wanted to quickly stop at Starbucks since they WERE already in Barnes & Noble!!! I got to hear them all the way to their car because this all happened as I was leaving the store. He then proceeds to say, " You can''t just get your book and pay. Nooooo, you have to dilly dally all over the g*ddamn place to make my life a living hell!"
23.gif
She was no wallflower either. She just kept repeating, "You need to shut your dirty mouth!"

I had to chuckle...

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
UGH!! Makes my skin crawl is right! I''m appalled by this sort of behavior as well and CAN''T BELIEVE that anyone puts up with it! I can think of something better she could have done with that knife!
11.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
*chuckle* My boss just told his wife (the office manager where I work) "honey, go cook my dinner now." He says something to that effect every day when he gets hungry. They''re that grumpy older couple who quibble all the time but could never live without each other. It used to kind of bother me, but both of them are very happy with each other for the most part...that''s just the way they deal with each other. She dishes it right back to him, trust me.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
That is so sad that she was conditioned to just do as he said.. i would have taken the knife and stabbed him in the hand if he ever said that to me
31.gif
!!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I kept thinking "I''ll cut you''re meat, alright" hahahah. I think it''s all a domineering thing...and I hate it.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
You know, it is interesting, my grandparents that have been married for 62 years are kinda like this. He always worked outside of the home, and she took care of everything inside the home... still does. He is not demanding and even calls her boss... "boss says its time for dinner.." But it is actually kinda cute. They are almost 90 years old, and he honestly is lost w.o her. But she cannot drive and would be lost w/o him. It is a complimentary relationship, even though it may not be ideal for women now... she likes taking care of her man... and he likes being taken care of.

I dont like that he yelled, but that may have been what he thought was his polite way, of letting you and your friend enjoy YOUR lunch together. Sometimes as people get older (grouchier) they forget the please and thank yous....
33.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I l
30.gif
ve Portillo''s Chili Dogs!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I see that behaviour all the time, but I think it''s more prevalent in rural areas.

That being said, maybe the guy has arthritis and couldn''t manage his burger. You never know what someone''s circumstances may be. So, although i consider it disrespectful, I''d try not to judge.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband is worse. He wouldn't show it to his business colleagues, however.

Deborah
34.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now I want hotdogs... You know, this is bad, but my FIL is a lot like that. So is my BIL. A family trait that skipped my DH, or perhaps I trained him better, LOL!
11.gif
What I really don''t get is the women who are my peers who put up with it, but I guess marriage dynamics can be different for different folks. My family motto was always more like "If you want something, get it or do it YOURSELF!". My mom was never the subservient type, although my dad was very picky and opionated in general.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 2:22:17 PM
Author: tlh
You know, it is interesting, my grandparents that have been married for 62 years are kinda like this. He always worked outside of the home, and she took care of everything inside the home... still does. He is not demanding and even calls her boss... ''boss says its time for dinner..'' But it is actually kinda cute. They are almost 90 years old, and he honestly is lost w.o her. But she cannot drive and would be lost w/o him. It is a complimentary relationship, even though it may not be ideal for women now... she likes taking care of her man... and he likes being taken care of.

I dont like that he yelled, but that may have been what he thought was his polite way, of letting you and your friend enjoy YOUR lunch together. Sometimes as people get older (grouchier) they forget the please and thank yous....
33.gif
My grandparents are the same way. Both in their 80''s, and as Southern as you get.

Grandpa (while sitting at supper): "Momma, get me another plateful"
Grandma (grabs his plate and fills it up with food): "You want gravy?"
Grandpa: "Of course I want gravy!"
Grandma (to me): "Strawberries, you need anything?"
Me: "Haha, no thanks Grandma, I''ll get it in a little bit"

It''s all done in good fun and they''d never go as far as it sounds like this man did. But then again, like has been said, she may always cut his meat b/c his hands hurt too much. And then again, my grandpa likes to talk loud like that in public too - he can''t hear well and knows it, but he always talks loud anyway. But they love each other to death and it shows so much when they do choose to show it. They''re some of the greatest people on the planet.
1.gif

My other grandparents do it too - now granted they have less "gimme" talk concerning eating. But she fixes his plate for every meal. At every family function, when the food''s set out, he goes to sit down, and she fixes his plate before her own and takes it to him. I mean he''s pretty capable of doing it himself. That''s just how they''ve always done it. Again, some of the greatest people on the planet.
1.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know whats more sad, him talking to her like that or her thinking its acceptable.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Rude jack @$$!!
38.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
He's probably and old grump. Sounds like it didn't faze her in the slightest. They have probably carried on like that for many many years. Actually I could have seen my grandmother doing that to my grandfather. My grandfather was very friendly. Nanny not so much for idle chit chat. LOL!!!
3.gif

Now I want a hotdog!!!
18.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
23.gif

I am so glad that my husband is a gentleman.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 1:52:04 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I just think if you're old enough to be married, you're old enough to cut your own meat!!!
lol this part right here just cracks me up.
6.gif
3.gif

I thought reading into this story awwww how sweet this story is until......you got to grumpy old man.
29.gif
I agree, the old bum can't cut his own meat?? If I were her, I'd smack him upside his head for telling me that! lol

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
i agree that it was rude to say it to her like that. she may be one of those women that feels better about herself when she does things for her husband and now he takes advantage of her liking to do those things for him

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Reminds me of a time we were vacationing in Greece and an elderly woman accidentally and totally clueless walked right between dh and I as dh was taking my picture. The woman''s husband growls loudly, "well, you should ask them for a copy since you are going to be the only one it it!"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results