shape
carat
color
clarity

Too much jewelry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soontowed

Shiny_Rock
My parents gave me a beautiful 3 strand beaded necklace made of real turquoise . I was thinking of wearing it as my something blue. it was an idea I got from Eva Mendes'' 09 Oscar outfit. Do you think this look is too much for a wedding? I''d really like to do something a little different and I thought this might work. What do you ladies think?

eva necklace.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it depends on your other jewelry. What else were you thinking of wearing with it? And how are you thinking of doing your hair?

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Freke. You would have to have very simple earrings, I''m thinking studs, etc and a simple gown, then you could pull it off.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I agree to let the necklace make the statement and keep other jewelry simple and at a minimum. Also if you have a simple dress it would look great.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I think I would wear something simpler for the ceremony but then put it on for the reception.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I''d like "something different" however I''d like to see a picture of your dress and the necklace before I advise.

soontowed

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/30/2009 2:58:54 AM
Author: FrekeChild
I think it depends on your other jewelry. What else were you thinking of wearing with it? And how are you thinking of doing your hair?
Hair will be up in a very simple bun, no curls or major styling of any sort.

shine4me

Rough_Rock
I think it would look wonderful with your dress and would work great with everything else, hair studs, etc. I love the fact that you want to do something diff! And like someone else suggested if you still can''t really decide you can for sure always wear it during the reception which would be a must! So fun!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
It will look sensational!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I think, it will look great. Love your dress
30.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think it''d be too much at all! If you think it could be, wear it to the reception only.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/30/2009 9:23:35 AM
Author: purselover
I think I would wear something simpler for the ceremony but then put it on for the reception.
Ditto - but that''s my personal taste

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I think it would look fantastic. Where are you getting married/what''s your wedding vibe? If it''s a little more formal, I''d just wear it for the reception, but if not go for it!!!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
I agree - i think it would look awesome
36.gif
i luurve turquoise
30.gif

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/30/2009 2:56:52 AM
Author:soontowed
My parents gave me a beautiful 3 strand beaded necklace made of real turquoise . I was thinking of wearing it as my something blue. it was an idea I got from Eva Mendes'' 09 Oscar outfit. Do you think this look is too much for a wedding? I''d really like to do something a little different and I thought this might work. What do you ladies think?

i think from what you''ve described everything would be beautiful! and eva''s oscar looks was one of my favs!!

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
I think it will look very pretty and unique. I agree with the others who have said they would wear it for the reception only. You might also want to take some of your professional pictures with it on and others without it.

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
I agree with the other ladies... if you keep the hair and other accessories simple as you had described, that necklace will be stunning with your dress (which I love btw!)!

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
I love your dress and I love your necklace!!!!

I''m thinking that the necklace may look too casual with your dress, especially for the ceremony. I agree with the others that say add it to your look for the reception. I just worry that anything beyond the basics and you''ll look at your pictures in ten years and regret bing different in them.

THis is just my opinion and I''m doing something similar...I have some really fun custom jewelery that I''m wearing for my saturday night party, but for the friday wedding, I''m doing simple pearls.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/30/2009 9:23:35 AM
Author: purselover
This would also be my taste. I''m thinking for pictures I would not want the blue to stand out so much (I think it is a lovely necklace
though).

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I think it will look great. I agree with the other girls that if you''re worried about it being too much, just wear it for the reception. Beautiful!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
The thing to consider is when someone looks at you at your wedding or later in a photo will the first thing they notice be the necklace? It should be your face.

Eva Mendes isn't showing off her face on the red carpet. She's showing off a designer dress and jewelry and chances are she got to wear that stuff for free. When I look at her photo I do notice necklace right off.

But your necklace doesn't sound as elaborate as hers. Have someone take a photo of you wearing the necklace with your hair and neckline close to the way you'll wear it on your wedding day. Then decide if it's overpowering or not. It could look very lovely with a little bit of drama.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it could look fantastic but I agree with swingirl''s idea of taking pics of yourself just to make sure you like the look in photos. And I still love your dress SO MUCH!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I think it will look great but I agree with the others about taking it to your alterations to see if you like it. I had this awesome vintage purple necklace that is awesome on its own. With my dress, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results