shape
carat
color
clarity

too many invitations to choose from

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I found some invitations i really like and then called them but they can''t do it in the color i want. I just want white or ivory with green lettering (the below style, but not in red). So, went to weddingchannel.com and theknot.com and some others and became totally overwhelmed by all the options. There are too many places to look.

Please recommend some invite sites or easy ways to get done what i want to get done. Maybe a local stationary shop?

I can see how this invitation thing could get out of control. Yikes!

sample invite style.jpg

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Where are you located?

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
Oh good lord do I hear you on this one. We had ours all picked out and then they stoopid company discontinued them. So here I am looking again. I have found an online site that I really like, that may have something like what you are looking for it''s www.mygatsby.com. Give them a browse, and then see if there is anything there that might fit your needs. Good luck.

(BTW, I really like the one you posted and think that they will look great in ivory/green.)

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
They offer something like that at Jean M. They seem to have good selection of paper and ink colors. But they are not currently taking invitation order online. You have to do it by phone or by mail if you request a catalog.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I have a HUGE money-saver suggestion - go to a local printer (If you work at an office, ask who they use, maybe you can get a discount). Most printers will make a similar design for you at a fraction of the cost. My friend priced an invitation from "not from a box" and it would have been well over a thousand and she''s having a local printer make it for $400!!

That''s a pretty simple design, i bet any local printer would do it for you!

Good luck!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/18/2004 9:37:51 AM
Author: treysar
I have a HUGE money-saver suggestion - go to a local printer (If you work at an office, ask who they use, maybe you can get a discount). Most printers will make a similar design for you at a fraction of the cost. My friend priced an invitation from 'not from a box' and it would have been well over a thousand and she's having a local printer make it for $400!!

That's a pretty simple design, i bet any local printer would do it for you!

Good luck!
I agree that a local printer could be the answer. The most expensive part of the invitation is the embossed paneling on the paper and the fact that you dont need very many (anything less than 500 is considered a really small run to a print shop). I would stay away from Kinkos (i use them quite a bit, but their quality isnt the most consistant and for something as special as wedding invitations i wouldnt use them). And dont be afraid of little mom & pop shops. They can often be the best because their work volume is so low they can provide great quality. These places also have several out-sourced options like this company. My mom used to be a mom & pop printer and used Regency all the time. VERY nice quality. I have a couple sets of note cards from them. Good luck!

Edited to add: You can also order napkins and some favor type things from this company with you name/date.

Thanks for the ideas gals. I feel calmer about it already. A while back i was like "no way, that''s silly to do napkins" and then after reading NJC''s post, i thought, oh yes, that "logo" would look nice on cute little napkins.

I live in Seattle. Will look into the places you suggested and check out mom and pop places.

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results