shape
carat
color
clarity

Too many choices. Help!

Luxxy

Rough_Rock
I have been looking at so many rings and yet the more different choices I have, the less I'm able to decide on which one I like. I just want to make the best possible choice so I think I should go back to basics. Can anyone tell me what criteria I should be looking at - aside from the budget - colors, shapes, the setting and so on? Any suggestion that will help me make my choice is appreciated. I want something modern and edgy.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
BASICS:

Is this for you or for someone else?

Let's start there.

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Maybe it would be easier to rule out some stuff you do NOT like first? And then continue to narrow?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bigger or Smaller diamond for the same money. Larger less money or more money. Smaller less money or more money. What are the 4Cs you want to go with? Ideal Cut or Very Good cut? Clarity? Half carat D VVS2 would cost more than One carat K SI2.

Luxxy

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your responses. In answer to them, the diamond is for me. It's my first ever diamond that I"m involved in buying. I am new to this whole process and I just know that I want a big diamond. I also don't know about the 4Cs - cut, clarity, carats and so on. I have a budget of about $15,000 and I want something that will make everyone stop in their tracks.

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Luxxy said:
Thanks for all your responses. In answer to them, the diamond is for me. It's my first ever diamond that I"m involved in buying. I am new to this whole process and I just know that I want a big diamond. I also don't know about the 4Cs - cut, clarity, carats and so on. I have a budget of about $15,000 and I want something that will make everyone stop in their tracks.

What's it for? an e-ring or daily wear ring or special ocassion/cocktail ring? So many directions you could take this. and is the budget for stone only or is that for stone and setting?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results