shape
carat
color
clarity

Tonight I am...

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
watching I Love You Man (for the first time), drinking white wine, snuggling the puppy, and of course- Pricescoping! you??

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Listening to my son and his friends in the pool in the backyard,music blaring, waiting another son to come home from college for one night, thinking about where to get takeout because I don't want to cook again tonight.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
After a long lunch with the girls and lots of wine, hanging at home with my DH, SIL, 6yr old DS and 1yr old (as of yesterday) DS. Looking at bling on PS :D

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Just got a 65 inch plasma 3D tv so we are going to be drinking wine and ooooooogling at the TV but before that, having dinner at a sushi restaurant!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exhausted after a rather miserable experience looking at houses in upstate NY, and killing time on PS until I can justify going to bed.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1307840031|2943678 said:
Just got a 65 inch plasma 3D tv so we are going to be drinking wine and ooooooogling at the TV but before that, having dinner at a sushi restaurant!

I had sushi tonight as well :bigsmile:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finishing my last load of laundry for the day. Watching TV with DH, playing on my iPad and checking in on Pricescope.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Tons of movies and sorbet

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yssie|1307840046|2943680 said:
Exhausted after a rather miserable experience looking at houses in upstate NY, and killing time on PS until I can justify going to bed.

Aw, poor Yssie! What happened?

Tonight, I am going to a friend's 30th b-day party, where I will try really hard to look like somebody who isn't in her 5th month of pregnancy, because I don't want it to get back to one ex-friend who screwed me over. Wish me luck on sucking my belly in ....

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1307841599|2943697 said:

Tonight, I am going to a friend's 30th b-day party, where I will try really hard to look like somebody who isn't in her 5th month of pregnancy, because I don't want it to get back to one ex-friend who screwed me over. Wish me luck on sucking my belly in ....

First of all, congrats!!!! second- boo to having to hide that beautiful baby belly!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I will be reading until my eyes bleed for school, eating a bowl of cocoa crispies, and heading to bed.

Tomorrow is my grandmother's 85th birthday, and my dad wants to take her canoeing for the first time ever. Will report back with the results of that adventure :naughty:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chillin' out by myself, ate a leftover hot dog, half my weight in cherries and I'm watching HGTV. Earlier I went through a crapload of paint samples for the baby's room and got rid of about 2/3 of them.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Watching Super 8 at the drive in and it is soooooo boring. Summer blockbuster hit my rear :knockout:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Quiet night, it's raining. Casper is now sporting a male diaper.. He's been pissing more than I can bear... I take him out all the time..

Have a tear to my Meniscus and ACL possibly so am house bound...And can I say again it's raining??? ( for Mara )

:snore: :(( :devil: :blackeye:

xo

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
just back this afternoon from a cross country trip and doing some laundry, checking e-mail and obviously pricescope. already unpacked and now ready to kick back.

MoZo

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh|1307847301|2943753 said:
Quiet night, it's raining. Casper is now sporting a male diaper.. He's been pissing more than I can bear... I take him out all the time..

Have a tear to my Meniscus and ACL possibly so am house bound...And can I say again it's raining??? ( for Mara )

:snore: :(( :devil: :blackeye:

xo

boo rain! Sorry about being housebound and the pup.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1307839215|2943671 said:
watching I Love You Man (for the first time), drinking white wine, snuggling the puppy, and of course- Pricescoping! you??
EPIC movie.

SO, now that you've seen I Love You Man I have to share--I peppered my matron of honor speech for my sister's wedding with quotes from our favorite movies because, well, that's just what we do. Wanna guess which line I took from I Love You Man? :Up_to_something: :devil: :naughty:

OH, I did.

Back to the OT--I spent the night at my best friend's dance show, and they rocked.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1307841599|2943697 said:

LOL hope the sucking in went well tonight! :devil:

Houses - it was such a disaster it's actually kinda funny.. The realtor didn't listen to DH's specifications, DH didn't push said specifications or confirm them (or wasn't given the opportunity to, I don't know), and we wound up seeing six cookie cutter colonials essentially back to back. All with horrors for bathrooms and vintage kitchens with appliances so old they're probably worth quite a bit now! Given that we like sprawling contemporary ranches on large plots of land and that I am a total kitchen and bathroom freak... All at the same pricepoint, too, so we still have no idea what a more or less would yield.

You might remember my career thread about DH getting a super offer in Niskayuna, upstate NY - it's actually my first visit up here, and in all honesty the only real draw of the place was being able to get a house right away, so - it was super disappointing in that sense :(sad I had an interview Friday and four more scheduled for Monday/Tuesday, and... I need to do more than do well, I need to totally WOW them to make them want to WOW me, because I really do want to *want* to move here so DH can take this job.

It's - well, been an interesting few days up here. The place and neighbouring areas are not natural fits for the part of me that is a city girl and career woman with no immediate plans for children - doesn't mean it can't be a good fit, I know, just means there has to be something special to swing the vote. Local sights and attractions are all family-oriented, people we've interacted with casually ask DH what he's doing and fawn over him when he answers that he's looking at GE, and don't even bother asking what I do/if I do anything... not so good for the ego, that's for sure :cheeky:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Getting morning suits fitted for my FI and BIL

Then chilling out by the seaside

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
drinking Rose, snuggling on the couch watching a movie.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, last night I was on PS while my husband caught up on some geeky science shows that he DVRd. Tonight, for all I know, we'll probably be doing the same thing. Yeah, we lead a VERY exciting life. The highlight of my weekend will be going shopping this morning and then heading to the seacoast for my husband's niece's bridal shower.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh -- I hope you heal and feel better soon!

Yssie -- I'm sorry the house-hunting hasn't gone too well. Can you call the realtor and reiterate your wish list? It's frustrating that she (he?) didn't listen to you the first time. Good luck with your interviews!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
My night was spent keeping my old dog from mindless panic during a long, noisy-as-heck thunderstorm. He never noticed thunder until this year; guess his hearing is going & the sound distorts. Lying with my head at the foot of the bed, I held onto his collar for an hour to prevent him from jumping off & running around in terror. Poor fellow. The cat was also unhappy -- he's old too -- and paced around on top of me & dog; finally jammed himself between us & proceeded to have a bath. Did I say I'm tired?

--- Laurie

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe, Congratulations! What wonderful news! :))

Yssie, Sorry your house-hunting didn't go so well. I LOVE house-hunting. I should probably be a realtor --I love it that much. I also have a fondness for many areas of upstate NY, but am decidedly not a city girl, so that must have something to do with it. Sounds like you're still up there? Maybe you can find some open houses today? I'll admit, I looked at realtor.com just now, because I was curious. Not sure your price-range (and I am not asking for it!), but there was at least one house with a lot of acreage that you might want to at least take a look at. No interior photos though, which is always a bad sign. Ahhhh, the prices are great up there though. Taxes are a bit maddening, but at least they're deductible, right? Re: your realtor, I'd just e-mail her, tell her your specs and ask her to set you up with e-mail alerts directly from the MLS every time a new property is added with your specs. I've always just gone ahead and picked the houses I wanted to see and then had the real estate agent set appointments for us. There are tons of old colonials, so it may be hard to find lots of options in the contemporary category, but hopefully you can find the perfect home. Sounds like you have some great opportunities in the area (that's a LOT of interviews!!). I hope you find something ideal. Oh, and, as far as location, think of how close you'll be to NYC!! Last thing I'll mention -- if you happen to pass by any farm-stands while you're out and about, do get yourself some native strawberries! They are wonderful, and now is the short season. Plus, all of those old farms are part of the charm of the area.

Good luck with everything!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie, I wish I could PM you--I have relatives that live in the Schenectady NY area, and one that works at GE...

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe - I've called a different company, I don't know if I'll have time to see anything more but I've set up a tentative meeting for late Tuesday afternoon.

L V - thank you for your ideas. I'll go through and pick some that look interesting myself for Tuesday - that's a good idea. We're open to the idea of buying a decrepit something on a gorgeous isolated plot and rebuilding, better than building from scratch since well/septic/whatnot are already in place... obviously it's easier to renovate rooms than to redo a house though!

I haven't seen any farms - but I haven't been looking. I do like strawberries ::)

Freke
- I sent you a message through Etsy - would love to hear your thoughts/thoughts by proxy...

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Right now DH and I are dropping a friend off at home, then we are finally heading home after visiting friends all weekend. Once we make it home I plan on hanging out in bed with real housewives with DH.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tonight I am watching the Housewives of OC reunion, Housewives of NJ, Pricescoping, and white wine :bigsmile:

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Watching the NBA finals. Let's go Heat!

Also dealing with a toddler who is suddenly afraid to be alone in her room :errrr:

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Cooking an epic pork roast for dinner, watching a movie and later making FI walk to the supermarket with me to pick up a few things and work off the pork.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results