shape
carat
color
clarity

Tomorrow is the big day!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I know I shouldn''t even post yet, but Jonathan emailed that my 2 diamonds are on the way and will be delivered tomorrow morning!!! Yay!!
36.gif
I am really excited! I am so hoping one of these will be THE ONE! At least I can iron out the size issue once and for all. The most perfect one as far as mind-clean goes is the 1.63, and if I can adjust to the size, then I''d be thrilled to keep it! If I decide it is too big, then I will have to be in love with the 1.37 to keep it. He has a couple of other stones in the 1.3 range that I''d have to also consider if I have any qualms about the H color. I''ve just taken so long to figure out what I want...mainly for lack of stones to look at here, that I want to be totally sure of the one I end up with. I''d rather pay for higher color and clarity at this point just to have total mind-cleanness. Lol!

I have to do two things tonight...learn how to work my daughter''s Canon digital camera and load pictures onto the computer and go get some flowers!!! LOL! I''m just kidding about the flowers probably! I think I''ll wait until I commit to a stone to go that far!
9.gif

Thanks for listening...I just HAD to tell somebody who would understand!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
How exciting DS!!! Hope you fall in LOVE with one of the diamonds when you see it so you can make the final decision!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooh, this is so exciting! I''m glad you were able to narrow it down to two. It''s great to be able to choose between 2 well-cut stones. Like being in a candy store! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Kristy
PS - my e-ring is a 1.37 round and I love it. It''s really the perfect size....quite blingy while still very elegant and classy. What kind of setting do you have in mind?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so excited for you! Can''t wait to see which one you pick!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh BABY! Can''t wait DS! That''s awesome.

Um. PICS!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so excited for you DS!!!! I can''t wait for the pics!!!
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t say that I really narrowed it down to only two, but I was afraid my husband might have a heart attack if I wired money for more than two stones at a time!!!
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2006 5:18:58 PM
Author: KristyDarling
Ooooooh, this is so exciting! I'm glad you were able to narrow it down to two. It's great to be able to choose between 2 well-cut stones. Like being in a candy store! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Kristy
PS - my e-ring is a 1.37 round and I love it. It's really the perfect size....quite blingy while still very elegant and classy. What kind of setting do you have in mind?
Kristy, I forgot about your other ring being 1.37! It is in a Tacori setting, is that right?

I love Tacori but I may just go with the Demelza Tiffany setting with a diamond band. I also love the Ritani set that Butterfly and Mara's friend have, except the bands would have to be made a little wider for me. I love the Lockes solitaire, but for some reason it doesn't seem worth $1800 compared to the SuperbCert at $1250. I'm trying to make myself like Vatche and then it wouldn't have to leave GOG to be set. Bottom line, I really need to go to this large jeweler in a nearby city and meet Tacori Ering there to help me look at settings before I make a final decision.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh DS I know how excited you must be. I''d have trouble sleeping if it were me. I am really hoping that one of these stones will be the one for you. can''t wait until tomorrow to see what you think.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
ds, I bet you''re giddy with excitement!
2.gif

Forgive me if I sound like I''m telling you what to do, as that is NOT my intent. I can just imagine what I would be like knowing I was in possession of two killer diamonds. Excitement could tend to take over true observations.

If I had your experience to deal with, I seriously think I''d make a check list, and observe one thing at a time. Might make it easier to focus, then compare.

Just a thought.
5.gif

I have to work tomorrow, so I''ll have to wait til afternoon to check in.
8.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yaaaa! So exciting! I hope one of these is "the one." I would be honored to help you find the perfect setting.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
snlee, Kristy, DeeJay, Gypsy, Kaleigh, mrssalvo, Ellen, and Tacori,

Thank you all for sharing my excitement! This is the best group ever!

(Ellen, no problem, please tell me what to do! Ha! I am so indecisive! I''ll ask my husband to decide and he''ll say it is up to me! I can see the scenario now! Seriously, that is a good idea to make a list!)

Now I have to bribe my daughter to give me camera lessons.
20.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Wow this is SO exciting! Can''t wait to hear all about what you think when you actually see the diamonds!!! Keep us posted.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe DS, your list of settings is very close to mine. I did ask Bill about the Ritani being made at 2mm and he said it could be so maybe it''d work for you? there is still something special about a gorgeous solitaire with a blingy wedding band..

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s always exciting to have a diamond on the way. . . having two on the way is enough to keep anyone awake at night!

Here''s all the good wishes in the world that one of those stones takes your breath away in a special way . . . good luck!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Better make sure that camera is charged and ready to go for tomorrow. If I am excited I can''t imagine how you must be feeling.
31.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Sundial and MGR! I wonder if I''ll be able to sleep tonight! I need to sleep so I can be sure to wake up and get a shower before the FedEx man comes! It would be bad to be in the shower and miss hearing the doorbell!
23.gif

Mrssalvo, I''m having fun following your setting search, too! That''s interesting that the Ritani can be made 2mm! You have really tiny fingers, so you can handle very thin bands if you want. Mine aren''t huge at 5 1/4, but still, I don''t want to go as thin as the under 2mm size. I feel like at my age, I deserve a little more substance on the finger!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2006 10:15:30 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Mrssalvo, I''m having fun following your setting search, too! That''s interesting that the Ritani can be made 2mm! You have really tiny fingers, so you can handle very thin bands if you want. Mine aren''t huge at 5 1/4, but still, I don''t want to go as thin as the under 2mm size. I feel like at my age, I deserve a little more substance on the finger!

I know what you mean which is exactly the reason I''m having the trouble''s I am. at my age I want some substance on my finger too
9.gif

I will definitely be following your setting search once you get there. As for sleeping tonight, you probably won''t get much. It''s like being a kid and it''s Christmas Eve
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2006 10:14:16 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Better make sure that camera is charged and ready to go for tomorrow. If I am excited I can''t imagine how you must be feeling.
31.gif
Lisa,

My daughter gave me about a 2 minute crash course on her camera tonight. And I am now recharging the batteries! She has a summer job, so I am hoping I can remember what she said! Of course, I am sure I won''t master the level of photography of some people around here like Mara, etc., but I hope to be able to post SOMETHING! I know how we hate SMTR posts with no pictures!!! I don''t know if Demelza is working, but she has a similar model camera, so I might be able to ask her for help if I get stuck!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2006 10:21:14 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 7/11/2006 10:15:30 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

I know what you mean which is exactly the reason I''m having the trouble''s I am. at my age I want some substance on my finger too
9.gif

I will definitely be following your setting search once you get there. As for sleeping tonight, you probably won''t get much. It''s like being a kid and it''s Christmas Eve
36.gif
Yes, it is! But I''ll have to say, I''ve never had a Christmas gift quite at this level! Lol!
9.gif

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
DS - I''ve been following your upgrade quest, and I''m *super* excited for you! One more night''s sleep and you''ll have two beautiful stones to ogle. Can''t wait to see what you decide...! And of course, lots of pictures for us!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, cutey, well, I made it through the night! I did sleep most of the time and I am now sitting here waiting for FedEx or whoever! I saw on another thread that you are also color/clarity picky like me, so you can relate to my anxiety over picking the right thing!!! I''ll be posting as soon as I can after they come, and hopefully I can figure out the camera!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Woo hoo! Can''t wait to hear your gut reactions!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results