shape
carat
color
clarity

TOMORROW.. Dentist!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Ok... deep breath... tomorrow I am going to go to the dentist and offically get this tooth taken care of. I am so nervous that I am making myself sick. I am literally terrified of the going!!! I know that I will be up all night and bawling on the way there in the morning. I am supposed to be there @ 8:00 and they are going to give me and IV and put me under.... I am going to cry now I am so terrified.... Ugh!!! scared scared scared Hate the dentist hate the dentist hate the dentist!!
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
23.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I''m am so not a fan of the dentist either.

But just think, if they''re putting you under, you get to sleep and miss all those horrible dentist sounds. One second you''re awake, then you blink and all the work is done.

Besides, all of this horribleness is better than having none of your own teeth by the time you''re 50!

Good luck!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
they''re putting you under, you''ll be fine. no need for tears.

good luck!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Don''t be scared--you won''t feel a thing. You''ll wake up and everything will be fine and you will be so relieved! Good luck!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Mine- I am sitting here in pain. B/c you have to go and b/c my tooth hurts. I also hate the dentist hate the dentist hate the dentist that I can't handle even the THOUGHT of going. I too get physically ill. I MUST go. I HAVE to go. I just CAN'T go. I'm sure by now I have some infection that's in my brain by now LOL God forbid. You WILL be ok. I promise. Funny thing is- once it's over, aren't you like "Hmmm, that wasn't so bad"! But not enough to go back.

This coming from someone who was AWAKE during neck surgery. That's right. I got to hear and smell and experience it all. Even the feeling when the surgeon touches a nerve. Umm, think flaming hot knife jabbed into you. That feels BETTER than touching a nerve. And getting lots of nice stitches. And also waking up during foot surgery... That was awesome LOL...
I am SO not a wuss. But the dentist????????? THAT is a big problem.

You are SO not the only one who feels this way. Tell me how it goes b/c I too am looking into sedation dentistry b/c no one needs to see a 32 year old crying at the dentists office.
Oh yes, I also hve a BABY TOOTH still in my mouth. That's right. A BABY TOOTH. I inherited it from my mother- I had no adult tooth to grow in behind it. It never fell out. It's all the way in the back but still, that's going to have to go one day. And then it's IMPLANT TIME. OMG. I don't think so. I'd rather gum my food forever.

Sorry for the rant but I TOTALLY feel for you. It will be a-ok and over before you know it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
MINE, good luck tomorrow. I really am a big baby too about the dentist, but at least you won''t be awake for it. It''s the sound of the drill that gets me everytime.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Mine- I just got off the phone with the dentist and made an appointment FOR OCTOBER 31. Great just perfect. You've inspired me. I'm already starting to sweat. She looked up my name and I told her I hadn't been there in a long time...She said "OH MY". OMG. They don't do sedation. I'll have to see if I can find someone who does.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I was in grad school we didn't get dental insurance, so for almost 6 years, I didn't get anything, not even a cleaning. I was, however, AMAZED at the advances in dentistry that had happened in all those years when I finally got to a place where I have dental coverage. So don't fret! It wasn't bad at all, not like I remembered it. If you need to be sedated, then go for it...but I mean...years ago...when I had my wisdom teeth out, I WOKE UP during the surgery. That was not fun. I then snorted down so much gas they couldn't wake me up for a while afterwards. That scarred me for awhile. But that was thirteen years ago. For the last 3 years I've been going every six months for a cleaning/checkup and it's stress free! So things HAVE gotten better in the last couple of years. Deep breath...Good luck...!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh Mine, I so feel for you. I too HATE the dentist and have cancelled appointments left and right.
39.gif
But I too have an appointment in about a week and a half.
40.gif
And don''t worry, since they are knocking you out, you won''t feel a thing!

Good luck!!
36.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone.. I keep looking at the clock and thinking... I only have 18hrs.. 17 hrs..
32.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Glad you''re getting your tooth taken care of, Mine!

No one ENJOYS going to the dentist, and lots of people hate it. Maybe you can get someone to go along with you and wait til you''re done, that might help...just think about how much better your mouth will feel though. Good luck!!
1.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/12/2005 2:34:30 PM
Author: moremoremore

Oh yes, I also hve a BABY TOOTH still in my mouth. That''s right. A BABY TOOTH. I inherited it from my mother- I had no adult tooth to grow in behind it. It never fell out. It''s all the way in the back but still, that''s going to have to go one day. And then it''s IMPLANT TIME. OMG. I don''t think so. I''d rather gum my food forever.

Sorry for the rant but I TOTALLY feel for you. It will be a-ok and over before you know it.
OMG -- I stil have a baby tooth also!! Same story, no adult tooth to grow in behind it. Only mine is SMACK in the middle of my lower jaw in the FRONT! yech. Not looking fwd to the implant.
32.gif
Although you give me hope that I may be able to delay it for a little while longer (I am not plucking that baby out, it will come out on its own, in its own sweet time)
40.gif

I got mine from my mother also...THANKS MOM.

No worries, they put me out to pull out all four of my wisdom teeth, didn''t feel a thing. Over with before you know it!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/12/2005 11:56:27 PM
Author: gingerBcookie

Date: 9/12/2005 2:34:30 PM
Author: moremoremore

Oh yes, I also hve a BABY TOOTH still in my mouth. That''s right. A BABY TOOTH. I inherited it from my mother- I had no adult tooth to grow in behind it. It never fell out. It''s all the way in the back but still, that''s going to have to go one day. And then it''s IMPLANT TIME. OMG. I don''t think so. I''d rather gum my food forever.

OMG -- I stil have a baby tooth also!! Same story, no adult tooth to grow in behind it. Only mine is SMACK in the middle of my lower jaw in the FRONT! yech. Not looking fwd to the implant.
32.gif
Although you give me hope that I may be able to delay it for a little while longer (I am not plucking that baby out, it will come out on its own, in its own sweet time)
40.gif

I got mine from my mother also...THANKS MOM.

No worries, they put me out to pull out all four of my wisdom teeth, didn''t feel a thing. Over with before you know it!
Haha! I didnt see this before, I didn''t realize that other people had this problem.... My little brother had a baby tooth that fell out when he was 17, so yes, very late, and then nothing grew in behind it! I guess they knew that from xrays when he was younger, so they had to order him a fake tooth and attached it a retainer to wear all the time except when he eats, and when he stops growing they''ll implant it. Its one of those pointy ones right next to your two front teeth so its a pretty noticeable one to be missing.

Once again, hope all goes well for you tomorrow AM, Mine
1.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
I always try to look at the bright side of life - think of this:

LEGAL DRUG TAKING!!!!

When I had my wisdom teeth pulled, I was flying high (WHEEEWHHOOOO!!!!) after the surgery...and I didn''t feel a thing. I remember parts of the drive home...fortunately I was just a passenger!

21.gif

I think you''ll feel much, much, much better once it''s done....and so will your SO (I think he''s your DH now, but I''m not sure, so I said Significant Other).

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL- Nice to see other toothless people!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Back from dentist and I just want to say that I LOVE modern dentistry and the fact that they knock you out! I am having a lucid moment and am confined to my bed.. so I thought I would puruse PScope. It does not ''hurt'' per se... But I know that if I should miss some sort of pain killer than it would. Usually I go sleepy again after a few minutes... I was finished almost right away. Started at 8:30 and was finished by about 9:00. So it is out and gone and well... I just want it to heal real quick! Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement!! Well.... letters are starting to spin so I think that I must retire to Never Never land for a while!!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
MINE, you are going to be just FINE!!!!!!!

I helped take care of a friend while she had oral surgery recently, and let me just echo what Websailor said.....LEGAL DRUGS!!!! My friend was ALL hopped up on Valium and Vicodin--she almost had fun!!! You are going to be OK and they will take good care of you!!!!! HANG IN THERE!!!! Rub that gorgeous Spess for good luck!!!!!

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Dear MINE:

Don''t you worry! Everything is going to be great! Think of how wonderful it will be to have that tooth taken care of and no more problems in the dental department. I am so proud of you for going, no matter how scared you are. (I read your tooth thread). I was a dental assistant during college and I assure you, your dentist will go the extra mile to make sure you are comfortable and that everything goes smoothly. I was amazed to see how accurate and careful dentists are. Working for one eased my fears of the dentist chair. Because of that I actually was awake when I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed. No sweat. You will be better that wonderful and they will give you some nice little pain pills called "Vicadin" just in case you have any discomfort and they will be your friend. You may have some swelling so have icepacks ready. Oh and you can ask for Nitrous (laughing gas) before the iv and it will help relax you. I think it smells like cotton candy.

I wish you the best and let us know how it goes!

-Janna

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad it''s over! And so jealous that I have to think about my appt for the next month LOL..
Jorman- I ALWAYS get laughing gas. ALWAYS. And headphones. Growing up my dentist had a limited selection of albums in his system...so I always listened to the Talking Heads (same album over and over) while getting work done on laughing gas. Was really like an out of body experience LOL... Although I still freak when I hear them on the radio!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/13/2005 2:41:40 PM
Author: MINE!!
Back from dentist and I just want to say that I LOVE modern dentistry and the fact that they knock you out! I am having a lucid moment and am confined to my bed.. so I thought I would puruse PScope. It does not ''hurt'' per se... But I know that if I should miss some sort of pain killer than it would. Usually I go sleepy again after a few minutes... I was finished almost right away. Started at 8:30 and was finished by about 9:00. So it is out and gone and well... I just want it to heal real quick! Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement!! Well.... letters are starting to spin so I think that I must retire to Never Never land for a while!!!
Glad to hear all went well
1.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear you survived!
3.gif
We all knew you would!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad all went well and you finally got that thing taken care of
36.gif
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear it went well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results