shape
carat
color
clarity

Told my parents!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
Ah! I told my parents about the proposal. It really wasn''t as weird as I had thought it would be. My dad comes in after work as I''m sitting her surfing pricescope and is like hows L doing? You gonna marry that girl- and he was serious!? You can''t write this stuff. So basically I was like yea, heres the ring I''m getting her. He kinda welled up a little, but overall it wasn''t that awkward or anything. Then I was like since I told him I might as well tell my mom too. I hope they don''t act all different when she comes to visit for new years. I keep doing things sooner then I had planned (I wanted to wait until after the Holidays)... If I keep this up I''ll be proposing next week and I don''t even have the ring!! How am I gonna wait til march?!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that''s sweet! I''m so happy for you! (This forum is so addictive... I keep checking back to see new posts even though I have a Shakespeare paper that HAS to get done.) I''m glad your parents took it so well. I think that is kind of the hardest part. You don''t want them to go ''deer in the headlights'' on you, ya know? Can''t wait to see the ring!

*M*

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
good for you! keep that "secret" to yourself, tough as it may be!
36.gif

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2006 12:39:37 AM
Author:the other Jake
Ah! I told my parents about the proposal. It really wasn''t as weird as I had thought it would be. My dad comes in after work as I''m sitting her surfing pricescope and is like hows L doing? You gonna marry that girl- and he was serious!? You can''t write this stuff. So basically I was like yea, heres the ring I''m getting her. He kinda welled up a little, but overall it wasn''t that awkward or anything. Then I was like since I told him I might as well tell my mom too. I hope they don''t act all different when she comes to visit for new years. I keep doing things sooner then I had planned (I wanted to wait until after the Holidays)... If I keep this up I''ll be proposing next week and I don''t even have the ring!! How am I gonna wait til march?!
go with the flow...

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
See? I told you it wasn''t so bad...
28.gif
Yay!

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
congrats!
I guess I never thought of the guy being nervous to tell his own parents he was going to propose! I don''t think my bf could tell his parents before he does it because they CANNOT keep a secret at all - his mom would be all grinning and dropping not-so-subtle hints the whole time!

Good luck waiting until March!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
jake, that''s sweet. it''s so different seeing a guy so excited (and such a young guy too) and trying to contain it. some of us here are used to trying to contain ourselves while our bf''s seem to not be the slightest bit aware of the passage of time and how tortuous waiting is! I guess my advice would be the advice we give ourselves, distract yourself and try to make it through the holidays. maybe don''t tell anymore people. of course either way, it''s going to be fantastic, but i''m in the camp of waiting 2 more mo''s since it''s not v. long (and she''s not overdue like us here!) and the build up is part of the fun!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Oh cool!!! I hope they can keep a lid on it!!!

My FI told his family about a week before he proposed and we were all together at a wedding and I swear they were all sorts of giddy and sweet to me, more than they''d ever been. His cousins were randomly hugging me and telling me how happy they were about us and how much they loved me. They were drunk so I chalked it up to that, but later I realized "OH! They KNEW!!!" I was completely charmed by the fact that they all knew and were excited before he proposed. It was so sweet! Wishing the same for you and your girl!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
That''s so cute that you told your parents! My FI didn''t tell his parents, just one of his brothers-in-law and he didn''t tell him where or when it would be. When we went to tell everyone after it happened (we were on a family vacation at the beach) his dad thought we were kidding. It was pretty funny actually. We were like, no, we''re serious, look at the ring... lol.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2006 9:41:29 AM
Author: sumbride

My FI told his family about a week before he proposed and we were all together at a wedding and I swear they were all sorts of giddy and sweet to me, more than they''d ever been. His cousins were randomly hugging me and telling me how happy they were about us and how much they loved me. They were drunk so I chalked it up to that, but later I realized ''OH! They KNEW!!!'' I was completely charmed by the fact that they all knew and were excited before he proposed. It was so sweet! Wishing the same for you and your girl!
That''s sweet, sumbride!
9.gif
When My FI told his parents he was planning on proposing, his mother said: "Oh. Well, I guess you''re the one who knows what''s best for yourself" and his dad told him to buy me a trinket as an e-ring because it''s not worth it. Gee, thanks.
emotion-40.gif
Well, at least my parents were thrilled... They said they weren''t surprised to hear that it was coming soon!
5.gif

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
My boyfriend told his mom that he was buying me an engagement ring and in turn she told his Dad.
He told her back in July and every time she speaks to him, How are you?.... DID YOU GET THE RING YET???!!!

My boyfriend is traditional and want to ask my parents for my hand in marriage, but I hope that he doesn''t because my Dad is like a little girl and can''t keep a secret for nothing! He couldn''t even keep a secret about me being a girl to my mother (he wanted to know, she didn''t) He said oh, she''s doing fine. lol

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2006 10:24:29 AM
Author: anchor31
Date: 11/22/2006 9:41:29 AM

Author: sumbride

My FI told his family about a week before he proposed and we were all together at a wedding and I swear they were all sorts of giddy and sweet to me, more than they''d ever been. His cousins were randomly hugging me and telling me how happy they were about us and how much they loved me. They were drunk so I chalked it up to that, but later I realized ''OH! They KNEW!!!'' I was completely charmed by the fact that they all knew and were excited before he proposed. It was so sweet! Wishing the same for you and your girl!

That''s sweet, sumbride!
9.gif
When My FI told his parents he was planning on proposing, his mother said: ''Oh. Well, I guess you''re the one who knows what''s best for yourself'' and his dad told him to buy me a trinket as an e-ring because it''s not worth it. Gee, thanks.
emotion-40.gif
Well, at least my parents were thrilled... They said they weren''t surprised to hear that it was coming soon!
5.gif

yikes, anchor! That''s depressing! At least your parents were thrilled! somebody has to be excited! My mom was thrilled, but she also said "FINALLY" or something like that. I tried to block it out.
2.gif
It''s great when everyone around you is excited! That gives you a little bit more validation, I think, like it''s the right thing for you. Jake, you seem to be doing the right thing so I''m sure her parents will be excited too!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
March? That''s a looong time away, Jake.
2.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/22/2006 8:53:40 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
2.gif
Haha. Seriously... Well diamondseeker, there''s always the HOLIDAYS!
5.gif

*M*

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/22/2006 9:09:47 PM
Author: poptart

2.gif
5.gif

*M*
Yes, all the beautiful lights and music of the season...very romantic time of year! He could take her to a performance of the Nutcracker or something and have a really magical evening by presenting her the ring afterward!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/22/2006 10:36:04 PM

Date: 11/22/2006 9:09:47 PM
Author: poptart

2.gif
5.gif

*M*
Yes, all the beautiful lights and music of the season...very romantic time of year! He could take her to a performance of the Nutcracker or something and have a really magical evening by presenting her the ring afterward!
That sounds lovely! Not to mention the family ambiance from the holidays. Spending time with your family... getting engaged and merging two lives. Yes, quite romantic indeed. (*whispers*... do you think it''s working?)

*M*

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
You ladies are so cruel... Just torture me! I gonna stick with the beach. I ordered her Christmas present the other day (that pearl necklace) so I got that to look forward to. I really just wanna see the ring, I think that will help calm me down- NOT!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/23/2006 1:17:03 AM
Author: the other Jake
You ladies are so cruel... Just torture me! I gonna stick with the beach. I ordered her Christmas present the other day (that pearl necklace) so I got that to look forward to. I really just wanna see the ring, I think that will help calm me down- NOT!
Well good for you for holding out. I''m sure the beach proposal will be lovely, too, provided you have the self control to wait, hehe.
31.gif

*M*

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
he hehehehehe

that ring''s going to burn a hole in yor pocket! Betcha ten virtual bucks he won''t make it past december!
36.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2006 1:17:03 AM
Author: the other Jake
Oh, but what about that lovely ornament Tacori posted?
27.gif
28.gif
*snicker snicker*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results