shape
carat
color
clarity

Toddler Storage Options

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I know a lot of people have built in shelves, but anyone have experience with these? I like the look and C has a lot of books, but no flat shelves means nowhere to put albums, photos, trinkets etc.

bookshelf.jpg

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
This is a bit boring but would help with piling toys somewhere plus this box is mobile for times to go to grandmas and blends in with all rooms...

bookstorage.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha, I totally read this as options for storing a toddler. I was like "What, a pack and play?"
3.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 12:09:14 PM
Author: thing2of2
Ha, I totally read this as options for storing a toddler. I was like ''What, a pack and play?''
3.gif
Haha, I was thinking the same thing. Put the kid in a box and stick it in the basement?! Hahaha!
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 12:16:50 PM
Author: curlygirl

Ha, I totally read this as options for storing a toddler. I was like ''What, a pack and play?''
3.gif
Haha, I was thinking the same thing. Put the kid in a box and stick it in the basement?! Hahaha!
2.gif
No, that''s not worth it. I''d buy a storage option with one way shipping paid to timbuktu.

Janine, storage option #1 is cute, but I''m not an authority on smart storage options for sure. We use bins and the ottoman which has storage in it.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is the treasure chest style one collapsable? If so, I'd pass on that one. My kids had one that folded up and unless it was packed with toys/books, it would cave in on itself.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
MC-it is foldable, I guess to make it portable.

haha, I need to work on phrasing my topics better..(between this and "exterminators and small children" it sounds like I''ve got issues!!)

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 12:16:50 PM
Author: curlygirl

3.gif
2.gif
I also was hoping for tips on how to more efficiently store my toddler. Preferably in a sound proof location.
2.gif

I like the book rack, but I do not care for storage chests with soft sides because they never stand up nicely like it shows on the packaging.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I posted a lot of links for Burk in the mommy thread. For bookcases I have two of these and LOVE them. I think they are fun and practical. I also have a few storage units from Pier one. I really like the idea of Ikea bookcase (the one with squares. Can''t remember the name) with baskets/totes. Might do that in the next house.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
tacori: i remember you giving some great options when Burk was looking--I'll have to look through the toddler thread! The IKEA bookcases are nice.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love those Tacori...might need to get some because Amelia''s floor space in her room is filling up fast.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 12:40:38 PM
Author: janinegirly
MC-it is foldable, I guess to make it portable.

haha, I need to work on phrasing my topics better..(between this and ''exterminators and small children'' it sounds like I''ve got issues!!)
It is cute. . .you can always try it and see if it stays upright when it should. Personally, I would get it in a darker color, if it comes in one, since with transporting it around might expose it to the ground, etc. I''m just practical in that dept. Nothing my kids own is white/cream except their soccer socks. . .

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 6:03:43 PM
Author: TravelingGal
I love those Tacori...might need to get some because Amelia''s floor space in her room is filling up fast.

That''s why I like them. The one in her playroom is high but we put the one in her room low so she could reach the books. We also fastened extra screws to make it safer. We have the white versions.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
JT has had bins since he was a baby and at 4, they''re still the BEST thing ever! We can now stack them up on a bookcase. It''s so easy to clean up and the little parts stay together.

He has a couple toy boxes that he doesn''t use because he says he can''t find stuff in them.

For photos and papers that he likes to keep, we have an old tin lunchbox. He can fill it up, carry it around and still put it on a shelf when he''s done.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love those racks that tacori has, i am thinking of some of those for our book storage as our floor space is also at a premium. PBK and Lands End have some great bookcases too..i think some that go further up the wall for those who want to use the entire wall.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
We put some plain white shelves with pretty brackets on the wall in her room. They look nice and they''re good for books and trinkets etc. We also got a hanging mesh storage tower from Ikea which hangs from the ceiling in a corner. Then we put a rigid box with a lid in the living room, study, dining room and her bedroom, so we could contain toys at the end of the day. Oh, and storage drawers from Ikea under the crib and the bed in A''s room. That pretty much covers it, and I like that it isn''t all accessible to her - we can put fragile things / older kid gifts out of her reach for now!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results