shape
carat
color
clarity

Today is Black Dog Appreciation Day!

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so glad to see the black dogs of Pricescope getting so much appreciation!

My black cat is a little jealous, but he can have Halloween as his day. :bigsmile:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
jlp86|1315615210|3014083 said:
Okay, here is a picture of Morgan!
jlp--I took a picture of a pup at the Botanic Garden's Spooky Pooch Parade a couple years ago who looks so much like your Morgan! Check it out (such cuties!!!!):
IMG_8675.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1315692223|3014642 said:
Oh JStar--those two look like a handful. An adorable, wonderful, hilarious handful!

That pretty much sums it up! Well, Rex is pretty calm, but Abby is quite the spaz! Here's one of my favorite pictures (Abby barking at Cesar Milan's dog show on TV).

P1010097.JPG

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
My sweet little Suzy passed away over the summer... She was the cutest, sweetest, yet sassiest little black lab mix you could ever meet. I miss her so!!!! This is a pic from when she was a puppy. She had gotten into the fireplace and there were sooty little paw prints all over the house!

suzyjmt1.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aww, Tuckins. I'm so sorry that you lost Suzy this summer. I love that photo..she was beautiful!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have a black lab-boxer mix :) I have to go look for a picture :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tuckins1|1315745015|3014948 said:
My sweet little Suzy passed away over the summer... She was the cutest, sweetest, yet sassiest little black lab mix you could ever meet. I miss her so!!!! This is a pic from when she was a puppy. She had gotten into the fireplace and there were sooty little paw prints all over the house!

She is beautiful, Tuckins. I am so sorry for your loss! No one can replace a good dog. A dog who loves you is great gift. I had a Lab I loved very much once, too. I feel for you.

Hugs and love,
Deb

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Here's our sweet tri-colored Sheltie, Fiona! She's black over 3/4 of her body, so I think she qualifies as a black dog.

She's only 7 months old now.

~LC

tn.jpeg

Fiona1.jpeg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
librarychickie|1315766717|3015140 said:
Here's our sweet tri-colored Sheltie, Fiona! She's black over 3/4 of her body, so I think she qualifies as a black dog.

~LC

Sorry. Fiona has been disqualified from the black dog registry. She has far too much white on her chest, not to mention the fawn! She has just been awarded first prize in the Most Beautiful Fluffy Puppy competition, however. She is a most decorative creature and looks like a fabulous dog to cuddle!!! Hug her for me!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
AGBF|1315768654|3015159 said:
librarychickie|1315766717|3015140 said:

~LC

Sorry. Fiona has been disqualified from the black dog registry. She has far too much white on her chest, not to mention the fawn! She has just been awarded first prize in the Most Beautiful Fluffy Puppy competition, however. She is a most decorative creature and looks like a fabulous dog to cuddle!!! Hug her for me!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

LOL!! She won't mind it a bit, though. She is total cuddle bug, which is rare for a Sheltie. She loves to crawl into my lap and just hang out. Super Sweetie!!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Aww, love all the sweet doggies! My mom just got a puppy since she loved my sister's dog so much. Both are black and tan long haired dachshunds. Sister's dog is Nicolaus Copernicus, aka Nico, and mom's is Philippa Middleton, aka Pippa. Since my sister is living at home after graduation for a while, they are currently best buddies. Pippa, while a total pipsqueak, gives Nico a run for his money. :D

nicoondeck.jpg

172404320_i6MPmZhw_c.jpg

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
My black dog is Sasha. She's super smart, and super sassy. She is queen of the house. You can also see my family's black lab/pitt Roxy int he background. She's one of the most laid back dogs ever. sashamae.jpg

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
Haven|1315692776|3014647 said:
jlp86|1315615210|3014083 said:
Okay, here is a picture of Morgan!
jlp--I took a picture of a pup at the Botanic Garden's Spooky Pooch Parade a couple years ago who looks so much like your Morgan! Check it out (such cuties!!!!):
IMG_8675.jpg

AHH they have the same face! So cute!

We have seen a variety of dogs that have similar features to him. We always ask what kind of dogs they are but most people have adopted and they are a mix.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I love seeing all these pics.

I have to admit, I didn't open this thread right away because we are going through (more) issues with Byron and I'm senstive to all things dog. I hate to call him a dog because he's more of a perfect, selfless, loving human in a dog suit, but this is our dog Byron. I'll find a pic of him in his younger years before he was paralyzed and blind in both eyes. He's the best thing that has ever happened to me...with my husband being a distant second :wink2:

ByronBeach.jpg

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
NEL - ((HUGS)) I hope things with Byron get better!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Awww. . . I like black dogs and I love Byron! He's awesome, best of luck NEL!

I do find it odd, though, that my dogs both bark at black dogs. They treat most dogs pretty well, polite sniff and all that, but they start barking from 50 yards out at any and all black dogs.

What the heck is that about?!!

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
iLander|1315858719|3015963 said:

I do find it odd, though, that my dogs both bark at black dogs. They treat most dogs pretty well, polite sniff and all that, but they start barking from 50 yards out at any and all black dogs.

Sounds like your dogs have a bit of black dog syndrome!
If it makes you feel any better, my dog tends to be wary of little white dogs...particularly the cute fluffy variety.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NewEnglandLady|1315854308|3015904 said:
I hate to call him a dog because he's more of a perfect, selfless, loving human in a dog suit, but this is our dog Byron. I'll find a pic of him in his younger years before he was paralyzed and blind in both eyes. He's the best thing that has ever happened to me...

I didn't know that Byron's condition had worsened, NEL, let alone to the point you describe. I will hold you both, and the rest of your family, in my heart. You may remember that I loved my oversized yellow Lab, Biscuit, and watched him go downhill with arthritis at what I considered to be before his time. He was not a mere pup like Byron, however! He was also a very bad dog, not that he deserved to be punished for it!!! But I am digressing (and crying). I send Byron my love. He is a very beautiful boy, inside and out. And Bo isn't bad, either.

Deb

iLander

Ideal_Rock
ChloeTheGreat|1315860047|3015976 said:
iLander|1315858719|3015963 said:

Sounds like your dogs have a bit of black dog syndrome!
If it makes you feel any better, my dog tends to be wary of little white dogs...particularly the cute fluffy variety.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It all makes sense now! :D

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
What a bunch of furry balls of sweetness.

I don't think my dog would qualify since he's a phantom color. But he's more black than anything else.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chuck is definitely a "black dog" in that he was rejected at least 3 times before we got him. A hard luck story I've told before. Initially he even had kind of crazy marty feldman eyes that kind of bugged out. I honestly didn't think it would work out. But after a year and a half he bonded with our family and is a real sweet guy. He even looks different to me, his eyes don't have that crazy look anymore.

IMG_1258.JPG

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
part gypsy|1316051965|3017912 said:
Chuck is definitely a "black dog" in that he was rejected at least 3 times before we got him. A hard luck story I've told before. Initially he even had kind of crazy marty feldman eyes that kind of bugged out. I honestly didn't think it would work out. But after a year and a half he bonded with our family and is a real sweet guy. He even looks different to me, his eyes don't have that crazy look anymore.

Chuck looks like such a sweet guy! I can't believe the poor guy was rejected. I'm so glad one more black dog was welcomed into a loving home.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Chloe. It's not Chuck's fault. We didn't come into the picture until after he was over a year old when he was dumped out of a car, and then went through 3 more homes, and then was shot by someone! We got him after his leg hardware from being broken from the gunshot wound could come off. From the way he behaved when we adopted him, I don't whoever had him the first year of his life ever socialized him. He was fine and nice with dogs, but it took a long time (over a year) for him to bond or trust us. Even though our two prior dogs were rescues, I wasn't prepared for the amount of work needed and wanted to call it quits, except my husband refused to give up. Since he didn't bond with me, I couldn't bond either. Finally I just accepted that even if I didn't love him we could give him a calm stable home. And eventually, he bonded with us, and became a completely different creature. He is such a good dog, and so little of that came from explicit training, just that when he finally understood he had a forever home he wanted to please us. I feel in some ways dogs have the capacity for forgiveness greater than humans.

NewEnglandLady I'm so sorry to hear about Byron. I feel for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results