shape
carat
color
clarity

To snoop or not to snoop...

mjertl

Shiny_Rock
I'm pretty sure my BF is picking up my ring today! I an REALLY tempted to snoop for it... REALLY tempted!...

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
I have to tell you that I would snoop hard core, but if you can manage not to, good on you!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I am a snooper to the maxxxx!!! But if you can control yourself, saving the surprise would make it super special. Especially since you have been involved all the way thru except seeing the actual finished product! But, honestly, I couldn't blame you if you tore the house apart looking for it!

OrchidVee

Rough_Rock
If it will put your mind at ease, go for it. Look once and be done. Know that it's beautiful and that next week it will be on your finger!

BeautyQueen

Rough_Rock
I am the snoopiest of the snoops and for the ring i say just wait it out .... that being said when i am in your situation i think i would keel over in excitement.

mjertl

Shiny_Rock
well, the boy is not stupid... I quickly looked in the two most likely locations, it wasn't there, so I decided to call of the search. Because I know I won't have long to wait, I think I can appease myself by looking at pictures of the stone and wax on my phone. If I didn't know when it was coming though, and thought I might have to wait months, I'd probably tear the house apart... Also, I have a feeling it might be at his friend's house, because he knows me too well :saint:

mjertl

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure I'm going to be able to resist frisking him before our flight on Monday though, just to make sure there's a box in his pocket! :naughty:

mjertl

Shiny_Rock
well, after all that, I get a text today saying he MIGHT have gotten a phone call from a certain jewelry store this morning... So he didn't even have the ring yesterday! But he does now and he said it's gorgeous (but not as gorgeous as me - which is a lie, but I love him for it!), and I've decided not to snoop... Afterall, I won't see him until Sunday night, and we leave bright and early Monday for our trip, so it won't be long before it's on my finger...

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don't do it!! You will regret it once he proposes and you have already seen the ring. Think about how excited your fianance will be to propose to you and have it be the first time you laid eyes on the ring!

delta_loves_alpha

Rough_Rock
I am a self-proclaimed, professional, six-sigma snooper. And if I knew the ring was in the house it would be an all out, angel-on-one-shoulder-devil-on-the-other fight to keep myself from snooping. :cheeky:

You're getting it SO SOON! Be strong!!!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stay strong! Fight the urge! Let your initial reaction of amazement be the one your future fiance sees when he proposes... its hard to fake that "OH MY GOD!!!" look if you've already seen it! :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something:

Good luck - keep busy - and do NOT clean the house/drawers/glovebox/pockets as a 'busy' activity!!! :lol:

mjertl

Shiny_Rock
I have decided not to snoop... That shouldn't be TOO hard, since I'm working a 24 hour shift today. BUT, tomorrow while he's at work I need to go over to his house (we don't live together yet) to get the dog and drop him off at the kennel before our trip. THAT will be the snoop-danger zone... Also while he's sleeping at my house Sunday night... But I should try to stay strong, by Monday night we'll be in Hawaii, and he promised me he wouldn't make me wait the whole week!
When I told my mom I wasn't going to snoop, she just laughed... She was like, "when you were a kid, you started snooping for Christmas presents during the summer..."
I remember as a kid I found hidden a black and white striped t-shirt. I really didn't like it, and then felt bad for not liking it, so I went and told my parents how much I'd really like a shirt like that. Well, the shirt wasn't even for me...

mjertl

Shiny_Rock
I am staring at his carryon backpack right now. The ring is in it - he told me so. He also told me not to look at it... I am being very good, but this is a major test of willpower - like putting a treat on top of a dog's nose and telling it to "stay." He assured me he won't make me wait long once we're at our destination - he doesn't want to worry about it all week. I know when he's down on one knee I'll be happy I didn't peek beforehand, but I am SO EXCITED right now! I think Tuesday or Wednesday will be the day... We leave tomorrow morning :appl:

PA-C

Shiny_Rock
YAAAY! That is soooo exciting! That would just KILL me with anticipation! :razz:

mjertl

Shiny_Rock
let me just say, I cannot believe I have made it all day without looking...

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
we are all VERY PROUD of you Mjertl!!! hang in there... just a few hours left and then that lovely trinket will be yours forever! to wear and display proudly --- can't wait to see the photos! :appl:

liarudd

Shiny_Rock
id say if you know what the ring looks like SNOOP if you have no idea hold off and the surprise will be worth it

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! I am so glad you decided not to snoop! I am with Amy's bling. You are going to be all that more surprised. I am a major planner and would be SO tempted!! With my pregnancies I didn't find out for that very reason. I know that the "moment" would be all the more fun and intense (for me) by just taking a deep breath and letting the excitement build.

Not judging here though. Your moment is your moment. Time is going to pass either way and you will have it on your finger in no time. :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh,you MUST :!: stop torturing yourself.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results