shape
carat
color
clarity

To Foie Gras ... OR ... Not To Foie Gras???

Do you or would you support a ban in your city/state on Foie Gras?

• No, I do not or would not support a ban

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Undecided, I need more information about Foie Gras

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I don''t support a ban on it. It can be argued that gorging is part of what fowl do in the wild, so it is not a new physiological process to them. But mostly I don''t support a ban because I think that it would invite bans on all sorts of other things, and I don''t want somebody else limiting my choices. Plus, I confess, it''s really tasty.

If there is a way to make money, some company is going to do it. If people find something morally reprehensible, then they should boycott it -- Nestle giving away free formula in Africa, which caused nursing mothers to dry up and then become dependent on the formula, which they then had to buy, something like that -- and send a message to the company.

DH and I have a bunch of vegetarian friends, and I have to confess I just don''t get it. Most of them smoke, which just seems strange, I guess because if you are that concerned for animals you would think you''d be concerned for yourself to the same degree (no offense meant to any smokers -- DH is a smoker and certainly would quit if it were easy). And they wear leather shoes and belts and stuff. But that''s their right, and I guess any way we try to make the world a better place is a step in the right direction.

If it weren''t for the fact that humans are omnivores and that eating each other is the way of the wild, I think I could get on board with vegetarianism. I''ve always wanted to do what makes sense naturally. In college I tried just wearing deoderant, no antiperspirant, because my body sweats for a reason, right? But the result was too stinky. And I also stopped shaving because I decided that our culture just wants us to look prepubescent and that''s gross, and DH stayed with me although he definitely seemed less interested in touching my legs, but then I started teaching and it was too hard to hide, so I gave it up. But I''ve always been one to argue that if something makes sense, who cares what other people think.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone ~
emrose.gif

I wanted to appologize for starting this thread and then getting sick, and not partaking in it until now.

Thank you for voting and voicing your thoughts and opinions on this subject.

It definately is a subject that has moral delima''s and emotional issues attached with each individual.

Even though I have never had FG, and I don''t intend to start ... I just have never really cared for organ meats or inards ... unless it caviar.

I have thought about this subject alot lately, and I guess my conclusion is that I love to eat meat, and I don''t think I could easily just give it up.

I never thought about the process for catching fish, and then I started thinking not just about how the fish struggle after you catch them and unhook them from your line, and then whack them, but I started to think about the worm on the hook etc... I am realizing that personally, I need to not put my personal touchy-feely feelings in the same boat as the worm & fish ... if that is what I want to eat, and continue eating. I guess I have to look at it as they are not my friends ... they are animals in which I choose to eat, and not think about it''s death.

I wouldn''t want my city or state telling me that as of September 1st, I would not be allowed to eat any meat. So, I would obviously be against a ban. I think that we should each be allowed to eat what we deem as appropriate.

I appreciate all of your insights, even though we may not all follow the same set of standards and practices, it has helped me open my eyes to others and how such topics of debate affect their lives and how they live them.

Thanks and have a wonderful weekend!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results