shape
carat
color
clarity

Tizzied up and re-made Christmas ring, and a yellow sapphire Gloria Floria

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I decided I didn't love the rounds in the design, so asked the long suffering Amy at DKJ (I swear, she is the patron saint of customers who change their minds mid-stream!) if she'd re-do the entire ring, using 4 princess cuts instead of 4 rounds either side of the tsavs. I absolutely love it! @Bron357 - thannk you for this STUNNING rubellite! And to whoever it was who sold me these perfect tsavs - if you see this thread - pls identify yourself as I'd like to say thanks!

The workmanship on this is very fine - very neat - and the milgrain is as lovely as any I've seen. It's supposed to be a Christmas ring - ergo I'm wearing it with my Holly band. But I have to say - this is going to get an airing waaaaay more often than just at Christmas!

I'm also expecting a second ring - a design I've had made before, which I call the Gloria Floria! - at the end of this week. Rather than starting a different thread, I'll add it here when it arrives. It's the same as the one I previously owned but sold to the lovely @elle_71125 - who opened my eyes when she inserted a colored center! Anyway, hoping to have that one either Saturday or Monday. Fingers crossed!

And, of course, in the meantime, I have this lovely little number to play with to pass the time!

20200227_160101.jpg

20200227_160323.jpg

20200227_160027.jpg

Last edited:

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
:kiss2:Goodness mrs-b! Your taste in jewelry is truly exquisite! The red against the green set in buttery yellow gold is quite stunning! Love the Holly band and the entire set❤️❤️

The requisite hand shots, please...thank you!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love Christmas colors! This ring is gorgeous and it looks perfect with your stunning bands. What is the center stone?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For you, and ONLY you, @maita13! I hate hand shots with a deadly passion!! But I have enjoyed looking at your beautiful EC, through both its iterations, and kind of feel like I owe you!! ( - and, seriously! - that baby is an L color?? Yowza!!)

20200227_164430.jpg

Last edited:

m1918

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! @mrs-b I can’t find the stats on your diamond band— could you share if you have a moment? Thanks!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aahhhhh perfection! I'm home from work sick today, and seeing a new mrs-b thread always lifts the spirits! I love love looooove it with the princess cuts, the whole piece flows so beautifully. Can't wait to see the next part of this thread! :appl:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those colors! :kiss2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it @mrs-b :kiss2:
The rubellite it a stunningly rich color and it pairs so well with those bright green tsavorites (I’m pretty sure you bought those from me btw). This is the perfect Christmas ring and I agree that you could totally pull it off year round.

I can’t wait to see Gloria Floria! :dance:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new Christmas ring is just sooo beautiful !!! I also love seeing your holly band and your diamond band, and look forward to your Gloria Floria reveal =)2

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For you, and ONLY you, @maita13! I hate hand shots with a deadly passion!! But I have enjoyed looking at your beautiful EC, through both its iterations, and kind of feel like I owe you!! ( - and, seriously! - that baby is an L color?? Yowza!!)

20200227_164430.jpg

So pretty!!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

20200227_164430.jpg

I love the new version of the Christmas ring
and honestly you could be a hand model !

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful! A Christmas holly band is amazing too!!!!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness this is lush. Those colours are glorious.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @m1918 - Thank you! The diamond band is around 3.25 - 3.5mm wide, as I remember. It's 18kt yellow and it's made from very high quality 11 point stones and is 1ctw. I love it and wear it a lot with the holly band in the photos.

Thank you, @Dandi! :wavey: My understanding is that the Gloria Floria is shipping this evening - so I'm hoping to have it on Saturday! I'm so glad you like my Christmas ring; she's just a little thing, but she's perfect in and of herself, and I'll wear her VERY happily each year when Christmas rolls around. (...and a lot of other times as well!) :mrgreen:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...and look what I received in my email a few minutes ago!! It's a gorgeous Jeff White yellow sapphire set in tiny rose gold prongs, surrounded by .85ctw of ideal cut colorless diamonds set in platinum, on an 18kt rose gold shank. What a breath of spring she is!!

@elle_71125 #flowerpowersistas!

DKPV2020-02-27---58427 RG Yellow Saphire---58427 RG Yellow Saphire--7.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 - I had *thought* I bought the tsavs from you, but I was blowed if I could find our email thread! Thank you SO MUCH for these gorgeous, tiny gems! They completely make the ring and are far better in person than my dodgy photo skills can show.

And above is my version of our ring setting! I hope you like it! :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @dk168 - I'm glad you like it!

Hi @marymm :wavey: I'm so glad you like the combo - it realy hits all the Christmas buzzers for me! I haven't, historically, done a lot of colored gem pieces, so to get 2 in one week is definitely a first for me! I'll take more photos when the sapphire ring arrives (Saturday, I think), and still have my purple / grey spinel in the cooker! :mrgreen:

I'm so glad you like it, @EllenS1! I've had so much enjoyment looking at your things - especially your bracelet combo, which I only found today! Beautiful!!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The rubilite and tsav ring is wonderful- too too pretty to be just a seasonal ring
The new iteration of your GF ring and it’s tweaks are stunning!
gorgeous!
Well done you and Amy and DK!
:love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds - you are SO sweet! My almost-60-years-old hands thank you. A LOT! ::) I do think this new version of the Christmas ring is far better. The flow is way better and much smoother. Love it!

Thank you, @AuntKiki! I love my holly band and I wear it a LOT. It's substantial enough to wear alone, but it looks wonderful with a diamond band, and even more fab with my diamond 3 stone! One of my all time favorite rings!

Thank you, @foxinsox! I figured, if I was going to do it, color-wise, I may as well really DO it. It's only small, but it's utterly festive, and I love it! I'm thinking of a very slim diamond and ruby band to go with it; I have the stones already, so there's nothing stopping me. In fact, now that I think of it, I have enough stones to make TWO bands! Hmmmm...one on either side of the holly ring - what do you think? :bigsmile:

ETA Oh man...the wheels are turning now...!!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds - you are SO sweet! My almost-60-years-old hands thank you. A LOT! ::) I do think this new version of the Christmas ring is far better. The flow is way better and much smoother. Love it!

Thank you, @AuntKiki! I love my holly band and I wear it a LOT. It's substantial enough to wear alone, but it looks wonderful with a diamond band, and even more fab with my diamond 3 stone! One of my all time favorite rings!

Thank you, @foxinsox! I figured, if I was going to do it, color-wise, I may as well really DO it. It's only small, but it's utterly festive, and I love it! I'm thinking of a very slim diamond and ruby band to go with it; I have the stones already, so there's nothing stopping me. In fact, now that I think of it, I have enough stones to make TWO bands! Hmmmm...one on either side of the holly ring - what do you think? :bigsmile:

ETA Oh man...the wheels are turning now...!!

Go big or go home is what I think! Also OMG Gloria Floria! Wow

maita13

Brilliant_Rock

20200227_164430.jpg

Aww, shucks, mrs-b!!! Thank you for obliging me...I feel very special indeed☺️
The set is gorge!! And so is the yellow sapphire ring you just posted!! Holy Mackerel!! All your jewelry are heirloom pieces. And now I can’t wait to see how you set your EC, mrs-b...I’m sure it’ll be the mother of all stunners.

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @dk168 - I'm glad you like it!

Hi @marymm :wavey: I'm so glad you like the combo - it realy hits all the Christmas buzzers for me! I haven't, historically, done a lot of colored gem pieces, so to get 2 in one week is definitely a first for me! I'll take more photos when the sapphire ring arrives (Saturday, I think), and still have my purple / grey spinel in the cooker! :mrgreen:

I'm so glad you like it, @EllenS1! I've had so much enjoyment looking at your things - especially your bracelet combo, which I only found today! Beautiful!!

Oh thank you mrs-b! Your pieces are beautiful and inspirational to me always!!=)2

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My word, what a gorgeous piece & inventive iteration of those stones! I absolutely love it!

And the yellow sapphire, wow.... That one made my heart patter & I cannot WAIT to see hand shots!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning. Bright, bold and beautiful. Just like you @mrs-b :love: I LOVE it. Wear in health and blingy happiness. XO.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woah, LOVE the remake! It's truly a special Christmas ring and is perfect with the holly band!! No wonder you want to wear her more often than at Christmas time!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
:kiss2: @mrs-b Oh I just love her! Your Christmas ring is TDF :appl::kiss2:! It says Christmas elegance with the beautiful red, green, gold and sparkly diamonds! Your jewelry is all so beautiful. You're making me want a Christmas ring since I am a Christmas bride as of this past December:mrgreen2:
And your beautiful sapphire ring is simply stunning! I love that you went with rose gold. And the diamond placement is very unique and feminine.
You are the Christmas queen! Enjoy your beautiful new rings with health, happiness and much love :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rfisher - thank you! I agree - way too pretty just for Christmas! I can always pretend that I am, for some unknown reason, celebrating Italy...? :mrgreen: The GF is going to be tweaked a little - just to emphasize shape - but I think it's going ot be a far better ring than I had originally thought!

@foxinsox - I know, right?! That COLOR! I'm considering a narrow vivid yellow and diamond band on rose gold to go with it. The list is unending....

@maita13 - thank you for those kind words! The EC setting is going to be...quite the thing. A difficult setting because of the stones I need cut. I'm kinda holding my breath on it to see if it can be done. :pray:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
...and look what I received in my email a few minutes ago!! It's a gorgeous Jeff White yellow sapphire set in tiny rose gold prongs, surrounded by .85ctw of ideal cut colorless diamonds set in platinum, on an 18kt rose gold shank. What a breath of spring she is!!

@elle_71125 #flowerpowersistas!

DKPV2020-02-27---58427 RG Yellow Saphire---58427 RG Yellow Saphire--7.jpg

Oh my goodness, I freaking love her! Gloria Floria is STUNNING!!! All that bright yellowy goodness pairs beautifully with the rose gold and bright white diamonds. I can't wait until you get her so I can see more pics. :kiss2:

5171BB00-6D8E-42F3-8CE8-ABB71B677DF9.gif

ps: I wore my yellow flower ring today in honor of your new one. #flowerpowersisters indeed. :mrgreen:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results