• BGD full eternity or regret it later

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • BGD 3/4 eternity closer to budget

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • BGD 1/2 you are hard on hands it's in budget

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Buy Whiteflash you won't notice the difference

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Forget it you have a bezel band. Enjoy it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know you all are tired of talking about bezeled bands! I already own a preloved BGD full eternity diamond and sapphire band. Love it so much I am thinking of getting a all diamond one. Trouble is my budget will only allow a 1/2 eternity. I am hard on my hands all day everyday as I am in the fitness industry. So maybe half is better? Or will I regret not getting a full eternity like the ring I own. Other option is whiteflash 3/4 eternity. But I know the stones are smaller. Will I notice the difference? That ring is in budget. Please help so I can take a real break from this place! Thanks friends!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Re: Tired of talking about bezel bands? Wait please help w/p

Have you checked with IDJ on their pricing. From what I have read I think their pricing can be better then WF and BGD.

And yes I would do the full eternity if that is what you really want!!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I want to help you, but I don't have a complete handle on your situation/question. Will you be wearing the bands together or switching off? I have 41 (yup) stacking bands, so I'm the wrong person to talk you out of another band. Mixing 1/2 and full is dicey on one stack, unless you put an ER in between. To be honest, I feel eternities are easier - no spinning to contend with, but I broke my knuckle and now 3 of my eternities only go on with heavy grease! That's a bummer, whereas a 1/2 can be resized............ decisions, decisions!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I simply would not wear fine jewelry to work if your work might cause damage to a ring. But I'd get the one you want even if it means waiting until you can add more to the budget. I am still learning patience, but compromising usually ends up with regrets later.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium

How about waiting for the PS contest to finish to see if you win one of the 1k! :D

The 1/2 eternity make sense for your job - I probably wouldn't be able to fully focus on my job worrying about damaging the full eternity. However, if that's what your heart is set on and it matches what you already have, I think it's worth the wait to save up for it. That being said, I'd probably not wear it to work... which puts me back to thinking go with the half and enjoy it without worry.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock

If you think you'd notice the smaller stones, get the BGD band. I've got the original WF band, and there are moments that I wish it had larger stones.

I'm not personally a fan of eternities, so I'd go with a 1/2 or 3/4 eternity personally.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I voted 3/4. If you use weights that's hard on the stones and 3/4 allows room for sizing.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thank you everyone for the input so far.

motownmama~ Yes I plan to stack the new band with my current BGD band along with a 1.5mm wg plain band in the middle and occasionally add my er with the bunch. All on my left hand.

diamondseeker~ To be honest the only bands I have that have stones are eternities. They were given to me, I did not choose eternity or have a preference to that style. But that means I don't know what it is like to have a ring spin upside down and if it would annoy me. The BGD eternity I have was a lucky happenstance on preloved!

To clarify my hand usage :) I teach pilates on various apparatus and yoga every day! I see back to back clients for privates in studio and also teach group classes as well as home clients. If I waited for a safe moment in the day to wear my rings it would happen on Sundays only :o I don't practice while they are practicing but occasionally have to demonstrate. I do pull on metal springs and pulleys and grab bars, pass weights, demonstrate arm balances and vinyasas etc... I do take my rings off when I do my own practice.

rainydaze, geckodani , aprilbaby At first I think I wanted a full eternity and the $$ was holding me back. BUT now saying I should be careful is making me more concerned and might be a good reason to go 1/2 or 3/4. I just don't know. These stones sit pretty flush. geckodani care to share why you don't like full eternity?

I'm not quite sure I am any closer to making a clear decision. Can we (as in help me) make a decision on if I should be considering WF at all? Or should I stick with the same maker?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

you know its so funny, I am more than likely going to use one of those as one of my wedding bands. Ive been looking at BGD and WF and I was thinking to myself " they should look the same but I feel like they dont"
I figured I was just loosing my mind. But, I was looking at that link someone posted on one of your recent threads ( i think it was yours) with a lot of peoples bezel bands, and I swear that BGD looks a little bit better than the WF. Maybe its the diamond size or the height of the bezels, or the something I dont know. My :shock: just like the BGD.

As for the amount of eternity, it might we worth it to not go full eternity, not beause of price, but because its harder to size a full band. This however, is assuming you are younger and your finger could change over time.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock

I would get the full eternity or leave out one stone as a sizing bar and have them fill it in. The difference between the WF and the BGD is about $200 to $300 dollars, so I would save another month or two and then get what I really want in December.

I myself just ordered/received a few bezel bands. I just ordered last week a pink sapphire and diamond bezel with milgrain eternity from BGD in 18 kt. white gold, I also just got an IDJ all diamond bezel eternity in platinum from IDJ.

Unfortunately, I am sending back the IDJ one because it is too small and I can't get it over my knuckle, even though it's my size. I am not sure what happened there, but I think the wider the band, the bigger in size you need to go up. I ordered size 5.5, but I think I will have to ask them to make it with one or two extra diamonds more, maybe even a size 6.

I also got a Bev. K band with diamonds and rubies, also milgrain and also full eternity.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock

I don't like full eternity because they are not sizable and I beat up the bottoms of my rings.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock

nielseel|1351725363|3296465 said:
you know its so funny, I am more than likely going to use one of those as one of my wedding bands. Ive been looking at BGD and WF and I was thinking to myself " they should look the same but I feel like they dont"
I figured I was just loosing my mind. But, I was looking at that link someone posted on one of your recent threads ( i think it was yours) with a lot of peoples bezel bands, and I swear that BGD looks a little bit better than the WF. Maybe its the diamond size or the height of the bezels, or the something I dont know. My :shock: just like the BGD.

As for the amount of eternity, it might we worth it to not go full eternity, not beause of price, but because its harder to size a full band. This however, is assuming you are younger and your finger could change over time.

The WF band uses 1 point diamonds, the BGD band uses 1.5 point diamonds. That half point does make a difference in the look. :wacko:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

butterfly 17|1351732171|3296550 said:
I would get the full eternity or leave out one stone as a sizing bar and have them fill it in. The difference between the WF and the BGD is about $200 to $300 dollars, so I would save another month or two and then get what I really want in December.

I myself just ordered/received a few bezel bands. I just ordered last week a pink sapphire and diamond bezel with milgrain eternity from BGD in 18 kt. white gold, I also just got an IDJ all diamond bezel eternity in platinum from IDJ.

Unfortunately, I am sending back the IDJ one because it is too small and I can't get it over my knuckle, even though it's my size. I am not sure what happened there, but I think the wider the band, the bigger in size you need to go up. I ordered size 5.5, but I think I will have to ask them to make it with one or two extra diamonds more, maybe even a size 6.

I also got a Bev. K band with diamonds and rubies, also milgrain and also full eternity.

Strange. Is your normal size 5.5 or is that sizing up a little already? Did you already send back the ring? Was wondering if you can post pics of the two rigs side by side.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock

Yes, I thought it was strange too. I spoke to Yekutiel today right before my husband dropped it off, but I think he was busy because the store was closed for a few days due to the hurricane, so I didn't get a chance to speak to him after he got it.

I do have pictures of the IDJ ring and the Bev. K ring, but not side by side. I don't have the BGD ring yet bc I just ordered it last week.

I am a size 5.25 on both hands, ring finger. I normally order a 5.25 to a size 5.5, I prefer my rings a little looser than tighter. Here are a few pictures, the first two show that the ring won't even go over my knuckle and the next one is on Luann's pinky. The last one is the Bev. K bezel with another Bev K eternity wide band, size 5.5-

_1640.jpg

_1641.jpg

img_2886.jpg

_1642.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

butterfly...those BK rings are GORGEOUS!!!!! Where are you getting yours?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

butterfly :love: :love: :love:

hatha-I vote call IDJ and get a full eternity. I don't care for half or three quarters b/c I like the inside view on my palm to have diamonds all around it :saint:

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1351815519|3297077 said:
Hi diamondseeker2006,
I actually got the ruby and diamond one on ebay. I could not decide if I wanted a Bk ruby and diamond or diamond and pink sapphire band or all diamond one.
I decided to do a search on ebay for some reason after posting on FB PS about which one I should get.
Sure enough, I see this listing for a ruby and diamond bezel band and I look at the inside and it has the same inscription as the one on pearlman's website.
So I quickly did a BIN. I got it for almost 80% off the retail price. The seller had no idea it was Bev. K and he had a bunch he sold already. ;(

And it was exactly what I wanted. I am still getting the diamond and pink sapphire one and the all diamond bezel one, but the all diamond one from IDJ has 11 pointers, so almost two carats. I also ordered the baguette and round bezel milgrain one that looks like the Kate Beckingsdale ring everyone has. I ordered three of them, one in diamonds, one in pink sapphires and one in blue sapphires, both with alt. diamonds.

I am in a stacking mood, I guess.

__kgrhqz__ige6miputvlbovcir39l___60_58.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

butterfly 17|1351819428|3297129 said:
diamondseeker2006|1351815519|3297077 said:
Hi diamondseeker2006,
I actually got the ruby and diamond one on ebay. I could not decide if I wanted a Bk ruby and diamond or diamond and pink sapphire band or all diamond one.
I decided to do a search on ebay for some reason after posting on FB PS about which one I should get.
Sure enough, I see this listing for a ruby and diamond bezel band and I look at the inside and it has the same inscription as the one on pearlman's website.
So I quickly did a BIN. I got it for almost 80% off the retail price. The seller had no idea it was Bev. K and he had a bunch he sold already. ;(

And it was exactly what I wanted. I am still getting the diamond and pink sapphire one and the all diamond bezel one, but the all diamond one from IDJ has 11 pointers, so almost two carats. I also ordered the baguette and round bezel milgrain one that looks like the Kate Beckingsdale ring everyone has. I ordered three of them, one in diamonds, one in pink sapphires and one in blue sapphires, both with alt. diamonds.

I am in a stacking mood, I guess.

Gotta love ebay!!!

Are you getting the baguette and round ones from IDJ or BK? I really want one of those and am interested to see how you think they compare to BK if you order from IDJ.

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock

From my experience in life - get what you LOVE and can afford. So in this case I would get the
Brian Gavin 1/2 eternity band - because IMHO eternity bands are a pain in the a** because
1) you don't see the diamonds on the bottom anyway
2) you are using your hands / rough on them - do u want to ruin your ring or be conscious of it all day long every time u pick something up?
3) applying lotion - how would u do it?
4) the 1/2 is less money, but it is totally more practical IMHO

So you get the ring you love, it's practical and you can afford it - sounds like the right choice. :read:

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock

I voted for 3/4 for two main reasons. 1) don't want to pay for diamonds I can't see. 2) do not enjoy the stress from having to worry about cracking the diamonds below.

I would have voted for 4/7 if you had that choice.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thank you all for the feedback. I am now clear on one thing for sure and that is that it will be a BGD band. I was really hoping to purchase tomorrow but I am still unclear on the amount of ring. I did go to Tiffany's while I was out the other day to try on various bands. Of course their eternity bezels were amazing. Loved the graduated bezel half band. Someone in the store mentioned to another lady that there is a difference between "semi" eternity and "half" eternity. Can anyone tell me what the difference is? In my effort to ease drop I didn't catch the answer.

My initial thought was I wanted eternity but many of you mentioned the 3/4 and some the 1/2 because I am hard on my hands etc. My husband has always suggested the "middle path" as a way for me to find balance. I tend to live a little on the obsessive wild side. So his answer was also 3/4. What holds me back is that it would still have a couple of diamonds showing in the back that could be damaged so if the point to go less than full is to prevent damage why wouldn't I save more money and go half. Or if I am going to risk those couple why not go all the way for the little difference in $$. If the point has more to do with the sizing then I understand the 3/4. The tiffanys girl said that she thought the half bands were nice because you can spin it around on purpose to conceal the diamonds if you ever felt the need. Is that a good reason to pick a half band?

Argh. In alignment with my obsessive personality. Still not sure what to do. Something tells me go half it's more practical and you don't have to worry as much with heavy usage. The Leo part of me says you deserve the world go full out!

I forgot to mention that this ring is replacing my original wedding band!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

AND butterfly!!!! Those rings are beautiful. Thank you for posting the pics. :love:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just one thought... chances are, this is not the last ring you'll ever buy. Maybe you should get a 1/2 eternity now, so you'll have something beautiful that you feel comfortable wearing all the time. You can plan on getting that full eternity, for non-work times, later.

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock

hathalove|1352003724|3298257 said:
Thank you all for the feedback. I am now clear on one thing for sure and that is that it will be a BGD band. I was really hoping to purchase tomorrow but I am still unclear on the amount of ring. I did go to Tiffany's while I was out the other day to try on various bands. Of course their eternity bezels were amazing. Loved the graduated bezel half band. Someone in the store mentioned to another lady that there is a difference between "semi" eternity and "half" eternity. Can anyone tell me what the difference is? In my effort to ease drop I didn't catch the answer.

My initial thought was I wanted eternity but many of you mentioned the 3/4 and some the 1/2 because I am hard on my hands etc. My husband has always suggested the "middle path" as a way for me to find balance. I tend to live a little on the obsessive wild side. So his answer was also 3/4. What holds me back is that it would still have a couple of diamonds showing in the back that could be damaged so if the point to go less than full is to prevent damage why wouldn't I save more money and go half. Or if I am going to risk those couple why not go all the way for the little difference in $$. If the point has more to do with the sizing then I understand the 3/4. The tiffanys girl said that she thought the half bands were nice because you can spin it around on purpose to conceal the diamonds if you ever felt the need. Is that a good reason to pick a half band?

Argh. In alignment with my obsessive personality. Still not sure what to do. Something tells me go half it's more practical and you don't have to worry as much with heavy usage. The Leo part of me says you deserve the world go full out!

I forgot to mention that this ring is replacing my original wedding band!

About spinning the ring to conceal diamonds, YES, I do that with my solitaire when I don't want to attract attention, e.g. In unfamiliar places, traveling alone, late at night etc... Doesn't happen often, but yes there is a chance you would want to be able to do that.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone! I just wanted to say thank you again for all the feedback. It did help me to think more clearly about my decision. I put in my order so now it's just the two week wait! I will post pics when I get the beauty! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results