shape
carat
color
clarity

Tips to de-stress mentally

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
I''m not an easily stressed person. I''ve always worked well under pressure, and even when things do get hectic, rarely does everything really get to me and make me physically stressed or make me go haywire. I''m getting married in one month, and there is a whole lot left to do. I''m definitely feeling the crunch of time, mentally. I''m not seriously stressed or anything, but I have so much on my mind all the time. And I can tell that it does make me anxious, because it manifests itself in little things, like twiddling my fingers, or getting easily distracted, or being a little snappy at times. And I think about things when the world finally calms down and I''m laying down to go to sleep, which then keeps me up. But on the outside, I''m cool and calm, which is how it always is. I don''t physically feel anxious either really, but I can tell that I do mentally - if that makes any sense. It''s like I know it''s time to freak out, but I just don''t let it get to me.

So do you guys have any tips on how to shut that off? I''m working as diligently as I can and know how to, and the plans are moving along steadily. I don''t know any good relaxation techniques or anything, but I''m willing to try. I just know from experience what stress can do for you body. And even though I''m not running around like a crazy person, I know that mentally the pressure is there that makes me feel like I should be doing that right now. And I don''t want that feeling - I want to feel collected and calm, and like I can shut my mind down or focus on different things than the wedding when I need to (i.e. work!).

Thanks!
1.gif

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your up coming wedding!

I can completely understand what you''re going through so the things that help me are to makes lists of what I can do now, what needs to be done tomorrow, a few days from now, next week, etc. Write it down and forget it but go back to your list as needed to cross off stuff that no longer matters. Does that make sense? It really helps me to reduce that overwhelmed feeling I get when something is out of my hands or there is so much to do. I find it really helps by breaking it down making it all a bit more manageable. Doing this also helps me fit in more ME time so I can get a massage, have my hair done, shopping, or pedicure which all reduces my stress level.

Then again a glass of wine, sex, or phone call to great friend helps too!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Haha I LIVE by lists. But I don''t prioritize daily for the next day. Might be something to think about.

I actually came home today and had a small glass of wine before I ate supper. It hardly took any for me to feel it, because I hardly ever drink wine. Haha I''ve eaten now, and I''m so sleepy!

I''ve been clenching my teeth a lot too. I''d love to know any tips that people have to consciously stop that. I know that I clench and grind at night too, but stress relief is the only thing to help that (I''ve tried the mouthguards, they hurt my jaw joint). But I''d love tips to stop subconsciously clenching during the day - I catch myself doing it while driving, or walking, or sitting at my desk at work.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take a few minutes a day (even if you have to stay up late) to do something you like to do. I make myself either read or knit at least for 5 to 10 minutes a night. It''s a way to wind down and just have some me time; it is amazing how much that helps me.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I totally hear you about wedding stress I''m almost there myself! Yoga classes, or even a few minutes of poses at home help a lot, so does a glass of wine and a truffle or cookie treat
1.gif

hope that helps!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Thank you guys for the tips!

Haha marcyc - I was actually thinking about taking up knitting - maybe that would be a good reason!

purselover - I hear ya!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results