shape
carat
color
clarity

Tipping at Reception

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
I know this topic has been addressed before, and I read through the other forums, but I''m still confused.

Who should you tip at your ceremony and how much should you give them? Here''s a list of all the people I''ve got:

DJ- works for the company
Pastor- coming from out of town
Wedding Director
Photographer- owns his own business
Flowers- no idea how many people are setting up
Cake Lady- owns her own business, but delivering cake for free
Hair/Make Up- coming to venue to do hair/make up
Wedding Reception Staff- no idea how many there are
Bar Tender-
Wait Staff- no idea how many there are

I''m stressing about the who, how much, when, etc. etc. I don''t want to offend anybody, but this stuff gets really expensive!
40.gif

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
amanda, you get a better idea after hearing different opinions b/c there is no right or wrong answer. this is what I did.

DJ- works for the company (same for me. We tipped $50)
Pastor- coming from out of town (from the same town. $50)
Wedding Director ($150)
Photographer- owns his own business (none)
Flowers- no idea how many people are setting up (none - she already charged us an 18% set up fee)
Cake Lady- owns her own business, but delivering cake for free (none)
Hair/Make Up- coming to venue to do hair/make up (20%)
Wedding Reception Staff- no idea how many there are (none -already charging us 22.5% for service)
Bar Tender- (none)
Wait Staff- no idea how many there are (see above)

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/9/2010 9:42:52 AM
Author:Amanda.Rx
I know this topic has been addressed before, and I read through the other forums, but I''m still confused.

Who should you tip at your ceremony and how much should you give them? Here''s a list of all the people I''ve got:

DJ- works for the company
Pastor- coming from out of town
Wedding Director
Photographer- owns his own business
Flowers- no idea how many people are setting up
Cake Lady- owns her own business, but delivering cake for free
Hair/Make Up- coming to venue to do hair/make up
Wedding Reception Staff- no idea how many there are
Bar Tender-
Wait Staff- no idea how many there are

I''m stressing about the who, how much, when, etc. etc. I don''t want to offend anybody, but this stuff gets really expensive!
40.gif
Here is what I did:

DJ- $200
Pastor- none
Wedding Director/Wait Staff - $200
Photographer- can''t remember, I think $100
Flowers- $100
Cake Lady- none
Hair/Make Up- 20%
Planner - $100

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
DJ- works for the company I'd give 15-20% of the DJ bill. We didn't tip mine because they worked for themselves

Pastor- coming from out of town invite to stay for the meal, most wont take you up on it and most wont accept a tip. You could always consider sending a gift card to a restaurant in a thank you note

Wedding Director didn't have one, wouldn't tip anyway

Photographer- owns his own business didn't tip for ours, he owned his own business. Otherwise, I'd do 15-20% of the photog package cost

Flowers- no idea how many people are setting up I didn't tip, I did however provide high-res images of the flowers at the wedding and allowed her to use them in her marketing material (my photog package gave me copyright)

Cake Lady- owns her own business, but delivering cake for free tip a small amount to cover the cost of gas

Hair/Make Up- coming to venue to do hair/make up I tipped 20% of the cost of my hair and had the other girls do the same

Wedding Reception Staff- no idea how many there are check to make sure this wasn't included in the cost of the venue. If not, provide 15-20% of the food/drink costs as a tip to be split between the reception staff, bar staff and wait staff. Usually this is included as a "service fee" or "gratuity" in your package.

Bar Tender- see above

Wait Staff- no idea how many there are see above

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Don''t have info for all those people, but I do want to offer one piece of advice/info. We are Jewish, it is customary to donate $ to the synagogue or the rabbi''s choice of fund (i.e. building fund, scholarships for children, etc). You donate what you can afford, any where from $100 and up. My friend donated $300 I believe. I think we will be in the $100-200 range. Also, our rabbi does not charge for the service of doing the wedding. That may also change how you look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results