shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiny diamond earrings for an 8 year old

DiamondBaby

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
I am looking to get my daughter a pair of tiny diamond earrings for her 1st Communion. Online preferable, and I live in Ireland so will be shipping and taxes etc, which is fine. But just no idea where to start!
thanks

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Baby bezels in platinum.
Hypoallergenic, small, and low-profile. Nothing to catch on hair of clothes.

Whiteflash makes beautiful bezels and will go as small as 0.05ct, which is the same size as Tiffany’s smallest bezels.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
My 10 year old twins have diamond earrings from Costco. They come with screwbacks and are very comfortable. My girls have worn them for about 1 1/2 years now without taking them off. I’m only mentioning this (knowing Costco doesn’t ship abroad) because some earrings have too short/long as well as too thick posts for them to be comfortable for kids so you may want to take that into consideration when choosing yours. I believe Blue Nile ships to Europe and they often offer a discount when you sign up.

Here’s the pic of the post:

77F0596A-FED7-4E73-B903-4B36276D4F84.jpeg

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I got my daughter the exact same gift for her 1st Communion!
I ended up getting 1/2 ctw. princess cuts in platinum with screwbacks (very similar to the above posters photo). They look great in her ears, and will be an appropriate size on her for many years to come. If your daughter is not that comfortable with wearing earrings, tho, bezels would be great, bc they are super comfortable on the ear. Good luck, and congrats on your little girls 1st Communion! :)

cvalier26

Shiny_Rock
Another vote for platinum bezels (which is what I have), Tiffany makes them in .10 ct total which I think would be a lovely tiny size. But a local jeweler would work as I find them quite expensive for what you get

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is such a great gift. I have gifted my 2 nieces (age 4 and 2) diamond earrings from Whiteflash. I intend to use their upgrade policy for milestone occasions (e.g. graduation, 16th birthday etc). I live in the US so upgrading is easier but you may want to contact WF to talk about upgrading from abroad.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try Blue Nile. They have preset studs and ship from Ireland, I believe.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Yes I forgot to add to my post, blue nile is a great site, with lots of options! My moms earrings are from there, and they are gorgeous!

I’m an idiot - I wrote an entire post based on the different ages I thought communion was and then I read the title. It’s 8 years old. Wow reading comprehension is not my forte. I think the perfect size will depend on the size of her ear. if she has tiny ears, even 0.15ct each (0.3ctw would look sizeable) even as she grows. If she has larger lobes, like I did, 0.25ct each (0.5ctw) or even larger perhaps, would work. By the time I was ~12-14 I had studs that were 0.35ct in each year (0.7ctw) but I had big ears. Given that she’s 8, I think aiming for a size that would look appropriate even when she’s around 12-14 is a good idea.

If you’re in Ireland then Blue Nile is probably your best bet!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a lovelly gift that will serve her well into the future
i still wear a silver signet ring my parents gave me when i was 10

one thing i would recomend is making sure the post of the earing isnt too thick
i have diamond studs - screw backs - and they cause me nothing but jip

20 is Platinum

Rough_Rock
I bought .5ctw studs in white gold for my daughter when she was 2 years old, and she still wears them everyday at age 11! I think it is VERY important to get screw backs, because my sister in law bought the same ones for my niece without screw backs, and one was lost within a year.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results