shape
carat
color
clarity

Timelines Passing

Lady5

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have a specific timeline they had hoped to stick to but are now finding that the time you had planned on getting a ring will soon come and go?

SO and I had hoped to be engaged by a certain date (which is coming up very soon) so that we could have a year of engagement before the day we want to get married on. Now it seems we might have to have a short engagement in order to keep our original date we are aiming for, which I'm not crazy about. I really don't want to push back the date because it is significant to us. I guess I just hope we can pull it together and get a ring before the time passes us by altogether! ahh! :rolleyes:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
I had the timeline in my head to be engaged by thirty. I'm 5 months away from turning 31 so...... it's not going to happen. Let's hope it happens before 35.

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
I was, and still am, hoping to get married this year.

It's March 29 and I'm not engaged. Let's just say it's not looking too good. :lol: However, we want a really small, intimate wedding so we may be able to pull it off with a <6 month engagement. I just don't really see it happening that soon. Who knows. SO knows how I feel, so I just have to leave the rest up to him.

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Lady5|1364605387|3416365 said:
Does anyone have a specific timeline they had hoped to stick to but are now finding that the time you had planned on getting a ring will soon come and go?

SO and I had hoped to be engaged by a certain date (which is coming up very soon) so that we could have a year of engagement before the day we want to get married on. Now it seems we might have to have a short engagement in order to keep our original date we are aiming for, which I'm not crazy about. I really don't want to push back the date because it is significant to us. I guess I just hope we can pull it together and get a ring before the time passes us by altogether! ahh! :rolleyes:
A short engagement can be pulled off depending on the type of wedding you're planning. I know they always say 6 months minimum for 'the dress' stuff.

MBKRH|1364607163|3416388 said:
I had the timeline in my head to be engaged by thirty. I'm 5 months away from turning 31 so...... it's not going to happen. Let's hope it happens before 35.
I feel it for you. I'm feeling it before your 31st b-day. :))

Ms_Lovely

Rough_Rock
I've watched about 5 timelines come-and-go over the years :lol: . I even broke up with him a time or two because he failed to cave to my ultimatums--but it obviously didn't stick :oops: Now we've got a stone, he's getting a setting, we've put a deposit on a venue, ordered our invitations and I KNOW we're getting married next year. To tell you the truth, I'm so glad things worked out the way they have. I'm definitely ready and I'm certain that he is, too. Don't sweat it sugar, it'll happen when the time is right <3

SMC

Ideal_Rock
We were supposed to be engaged by the end of October (when we moved in together), then it became Thanksgiving, then Christmas, New Year's, and now it's the end of March! Still no proposal in sight. He has the ring, it just doesn't seem like he's in a hurry to pop the question. I get quite naggy sometimes, which I know doesn't help the situation (but I can't help it!).

From my observations, timelines don't always work for guys. They definitely don't work for mine!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
We have had a diamond for almost a year; it’s been set and the ring has been completed for 6 months (not to mention- hiding in our house!!). He gave me a timeline of ‘By the beginning of October’ about 6 months ago.

Never mind that I told him I am not going to another wedding as a single gal and we have a wedding the first weekend in October. Hehehe. :naughty:

He actually told me the other day that he has a plan for the proposal but I am not allowed to ask any other questions.
We have talked and we will most likely get married during the summer of 2014 so not a huge hurry.

If this timeline passes and no ring, it will be okay. I would be sad but I don’t think it would be a deal-breaker.

Mickeylover

Rough_Rock
TIMELINES are so tough for us Girls, because we really stick to them, but for men its different (I Think ha ha) I had some baaad weeks the past month, and reading all your posts have helped me, so I erased my Crazy Timeline from my mind, because it was only making me anxious... All I know now is that I have faith that when the day comes everything will work out perfectly and that"s when I'll say "OOOOH that"s why THIS is the perfect Timing and NOT my timeline" . . Destiny works in mysterious ways. . My SO wants everything to be a surprise, He knows the type of rings I like, and he tookme to a Jewelry store once to see the variety (like a year ago), and he told me "THE REST IS UP TO ME". . so the stone, the setting, the day, the month, everything will be a surprise. I'll keep you posted!!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
If we are organised/motivated, we would like to be married in October.

:errrr:

So obviously this 'timeline' could easily pass! If not then, perhaps December (not ideal). We hope to relocate away from family/friends at the end of the year, so naturally it would be preferable to do before the move!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results