carat
color
clarity

Tiffany's now selling engagement rings for men

CutMonkey

Rough_Rock

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
All they have done is re-branded something that has always been there...a mans' diamond ring.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course they feature large diamond$$$.
Too bad those settings remind me of a yucky old paunchy man smoking a cigar and reading Barrons or WSJ in a dim wood paneled room.
Gotta look "manly" so they don't emasculate men insecure about their "manhood". :roll:
Market street knows there are more men driving trucks and SUVs than Miatas.

Clearly the potential to double their profit margin on engagement rings was the main motivation.

But I wonder whether gays finally gaining marriage equality was an influencing factor.
Also many consumers are more "retailer-ethics-conscious" than ever before - and companies have never been more aware of anything that can offer their shareholders "more value".
(value: codeword for profit)

I wonder whether they had Toofunny & Co.'s bean counters analyze the trade off from loss of sales to the pious anti-equaliy religious people so prevalent in America.
Bigotry disguised as morality, ya know. :nono:

Last edited:

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Of course they feature large diamond$$$.
Too bad all the settings remind me of a yucky old man smoking a cigar in a wood paneled room.
Gotta look "manly" so they don't emasculate men insecure about their "manhood". :roll:
Market street knows there are more men driving trucks and SUVs than Miatas.

Clearly the potential to double their profit margin on engagement rings was the main motivation.

But I wonder whether gays finally gaining marriage equality was an influencing factor.
Also many consumers are more "retailer-ethics-conscious" than ever before - and companies have never been more aware of anything that can offer their shareholders "more value".

I wonder whether they had Toofunny & Co.'s bean counters analyze the trade off from loss of sales to the anti-equaliy religious pious people so prevalent in America.
Bigotry disguised as morality, ya know. :nono:

I'm a gay man and I'm so disappointed that none of my MANY gay friends has ever contacted me to design or help them find a diamond or diamond ring! I'm the only gay man I know who wears a diamond :(

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a gay man and I'm so disappointed that none of my MANY gay friends has ever contacted me to design or help them find a diamond or diamond ring! I'm the only gay man I know who wears a diamond :(

While it's better for gay youngins growing up today, most of us were raised back when hatred and bigotry against us was the norm, a given.
In much of America it still is. :nono:

Legislation does not suddenly cure a sick society.
Did the Emancipation Proclamation make whites and AAs equal, even today 158 years later?
No.
Did getting the vote and the ERA make women equal to men today?
No.

Cancer in a society is as hard to impossible to cure as it is in a body.

And just being gay does not make one immune to the same guilt, shame, fear, and insecurity that religions have so effective poisoned our culture with.

Maybe in 158 years we'll be fully integrated into society, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
For some reason religions are still free to start their indoctrination at birth.

And they've made us all ashamed to even dare to speak up about the dark side of religions.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I got engaged I bought a diamond ring for my husband. His ring had a better diamond than me. When I upgraded he insisted on trading his in with mine so I could get a better diamond. Mine was worth practically nothing...but his gave me a pretty diamond I wore for a while..I found out later he didn’t like to wear rings...Darn! I could have had a better ring in the beginning! Haha

So this trend of getting your fiancé a ring with a diamond in it as their engagement/wedding ring is pretty popular in some parts/communities in India, some of my friends have done it; but none of the guys ever wear those rings :confused::(

For one of them, she told her parents he was never going to wear the ring so what was the point but they insisted and bought him the ring anyway. So she bought him a separate gold band, gave him the gold band as well; and he wears the gold band and has turned the diamond ring he received into a solitaire pendant for her and gave it to her for their anniversary :lol:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of male rappers love their diamond rings! I posted Travis Scott’s halo a while back and there are plenty more who wear diamond rings that are not bulky or “stereotypically masculine” like these. Oh. And diamond tennis bracelets are popular also with male rappers.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The more blokes wearing jewlery the better
I would love to see more men getting ERs
although i like the idea of a bespoke design crafted by a local bench than something from Tiffanys

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Can you please talk to my wife. :bigsmile:

You bought on behalf of your wife? dont you sport a sizeable one, these days?

LOLOLOL dont hide behind your wife... own in!!!! LOLOLOl

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

Well, there are a couple on here that wear a diamond ring. so you now know a few more gay men that wear diamond rings. ;-)

I have a 'small' collection of diamond jewelry that i wear every day. :)

Last edited:

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
Lots of male rappers love their diamond rings! I posted Travis Scott’s halo a while back and there are plenty more who wear diamond rings that are not bulky or “stereotypically masculine” like these. Oh. And diamond tennis bracelets are popular also with male rappers.

Something just prevents me from taking fashion tips from rappers and their jewelery....

cover2.jpg

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I showed these to my other half. He had no interest. However, he has zero interest in any men's jewelry, including watches. He said that's why phones were invented.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You bought on behalf of your wife? dont you sport a sizeable one, these days?

LOLOLOL dont hide behind your wife... own in!!!! LOLOLOl
Nope, The money came out of my own pocket.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t see why the “bauble as proof of love” curse should be exclusive to men, or the “bauble as proof of being loved” curse should be exclusive to women.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Well, there are a couple on here that wear a diamond ring. so you now know a few more gay men that wear diamond rings. ;-)

I have a 'small' collection of diamond jewelry that i wear every day. :)
I am a straight man, but I wear more jewelry then any of my friends or their wives for that matter! So I’m here to support the Diamond wearing men of pricescope! And by the way-
even though I haven’t yet married-
I was engaged in 1994 and I wore an engagement ring-
A 1920s Cartier men’s platinum ring with a bezel set 1.5 carat oval Diamond that Was flanked by large bezel set round sapphires!
the relationship didn’t last and the ring was accepted back into stock at the jewelers I worked for in their estate jewelry Section.
I really miss that ring!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Can you find that ring anywhere? Would you wear it again? @jewelerman

HarrietVane

Rough_Rock
I knew a couple who got engaged in college and married in their early 20s (age 23 or so) a few years ago. The wife had a fairly modest engagement ring, which made sense given their circumstances when they got engaged. They both had higher-paying jobs by the time they married and the husband's wedding band had (I assume) a diamond which was substantially larger than his wife's engagement ring.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am a straight man, but I wear more jewelry then any of my friends or their wives for that matter! So I’m here to support the Diamond wearing men of pricescope! And by the way-
even though I haven’t yet married-
I was engaged in 1994 and I wore an engagement ring-
A 1920s Cartier men’s platinum ring with a bezel set 1.5 carat oval Diamond that Was flanked by large bezel set round sapphires!
the relationship didn’t last and the ring was accepted back into stock at the jewelers I worked for in their estate jewelry Section.
I really miss that ring!

I think you are wonderful !

Sorry about your ER though

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I showed these to my other half. He had no interest. However, he has zero interest in any men's jewelry, including watches. He said that's why phones were invented.

:(2
Sigh

Vanilla Bling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nice ! I bought my husband a platinum and diamond engagement ring 20 years ago when we got engaged and he wears it with his wedding band =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results