shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany''s Friday, HAD TO!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Haven''t seen some good Tiffany''s discussions, so I am initiating one...

Also, I was teased today for falling in love with something I declared was NOT my taste...I eat my words...

Background: Mother''s Day and I was my usual frenetic self, trying to coordinate the gift wrapping and flower sending to BOTH moms this year, and the obligatory visit to my mom''s to celebrate...when I am stopped with a little blue box with a pretty white ribbon...Zales?

The boy gave me a necklace (as pictured below) as a pre-Mother-to-Be one day gift, and I was shocked. He had given me a gift (erroneously) for our 6 month anniversary on our 5 month, and then on our 1 year anniversary totally forgot and got me nothing. And this is the same guy who got me a totally unsolicited Mother''s Day gift..."for the mother of my children-to-be"...

So, at first it was a bit "much", and I joked that although it wasn''t my first choice, I liked the Crop Circles look...LOL. (Now where is that receipt...?)

He replied, "I didn''t know if you''d like it, but I did, and I wanted you to have it. You can return it for whatever you like...I just thought it would look cute on you, plus it has three circles, one for each kid we''ll have..."

That just melted me. I think I have worn it almost every day since, from my Best friend''s engagement party to going to the grocery store...

So with such a sweet gift that I had already considered "return item", I gave it a shot and just love it to pieces...

Such a thoughtful, sweet gift...but now what to get him for Father''s Day!!!
errrr.gif
9.gif
Help.
confused.gif

17837397_xl.jpg

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
To add fuel to the fire, RedEnvelope.com screwed up my sister's and my father's birthday order. They took our money, and sent a confirmation, but didn't bother to actually send anything. We called up and they figured this out then refunded our money... which we then took to Tiffany's for an expensive money clip.

Don't forget, you have to spend money to clip money!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Oooh...what a horrible story! I would be SO MAD! I so love RedEnvelope, but actually never bought anything from them myself...what a BAD story! Well, hopefully all's well that ends well?

Did you give them the clip WITH the spending money in it...?
11.gif
9.gif
naughty.gif

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
Just to be fair, RedEnvelope has been very reliable for us in the past; they dropped the ball on this one big-time, though. We were not able to get a clip engraved by this sunday (and this is the "delayed" date caused by the non-arrival of the package last week, before my dad went to NY). We're not planning on putting anything but monopoly money in there -- we're students, and my dad makes more money than we ever will combined!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Nic, you did the right thing! And I think that pendant is totally hip! I am sure it looks way cool on you!

Last year I casually mentioned I didn't have a "nice" cross ... lo and behold, last Christmas my husband showed up with a 3 ct cross... 11 stones. bling bling. My first thought was "God, let this be cubic zirconia..." but it wasn't...and boy was it shiny. You could see arrows and bright white F/G VS2 blitz. I thought next, "people will be mistaking me for Carmela Soprano..."

he was SO excited and happy with himself. Unbeknownst to him, i snuck back to the jeweler's a couple days later with intentions to return it for something else. Before I revealed my true intentions for being there, my jeweler innocently began to prattle on about how my husband was there for 3 HOURS looking at crosses and wanted to get me the PEREFCT one and picked out the chain and was so excited. I knew then and there that not only would I not return the cross--I'd be buried in it. I quickly just switched the chain from the super shiney snake to a subtle fine wheat chain and ran outta there. Over the next week into new Year's we had a lot of social outings with family and friends and I wore the cross--and he was so proud...he said to my mom when we saw her, "DO you see Jen's cross????"

Now, I LOVE my cross It looks GREAT with my Carmela Soprano black velour track suit...
2.gif
...seriously, it is beautiful and given with the same love and consideration as your Tiffany necklace. Wear it in good health and remember its true value--the guy who gave it to you! Not too many guys think like ours do.... we're lucky!

1.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Just call me "Carm"

crossshiney.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
CARM...CLASSIC!
1.gif

I *adore* Red Envelope. I buy something from them about 7-8 times a year if not more. Most everyone has at least one thing from them. They have excellent customer service and their shipping time cannot be beat since we are local to them. Also I have had numerous things engraved with them and it always came out stellar. Once I had a problem with an order where I got the bag for an item but the item was not in there, called up and they sent me a new item ASAP. Plus they always have a coupon or two to use. I'm getting my Father's Day gift from them, engraved of course (leather watch case) and also decided to get Greg a small fun Father's Day gift..at first it was going to be 'pre-Father' but now since he is officially a daddy to our puppy..it fits! I'm getting him the cute change holder from RE where it notes 'rich', 'poor' etc...since he has tons of change kicking around.

Nic..I can relate to the Tiffanys return gift...one year Greg got me two items from Tiff for V-Day...one was the sterling silver velvet lined heart shaped box and also their compact mirror. Beautiful items, but I would never in a million years use the compact mirror, I would not want to mess it up and I don't carry a mirror with me anyway. So I returned that but kept the heart box (too cute esp for a guy who is not usually romantic) and kept my diamonds in there. Got one of the Elsa Peretti necklaces with the return credit for the mirror.
2.gif
I like getting TWO things from Tiff..keep one & return the other. Kudos to Rand for such a thoughtful gesture !
2.gif
Marry that boy already willya?!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 6/11/2004 11:50:30 PM Mara wrote:

I *adore* Red Envelope. I buy something from them about 7-8 times a year if not more. Most everyone has at least one thing from them. ----------------

Yikes, DOES everyone have something from this company??? lol I've never even heard of them
8.gif
I feel uncool now. lol Okay, better buy SOMETHING from their web site. My younger son does needs a silver baby cup, but I'm not sure about $75. Does this seem too much? Do most have solid silver cups or plated?

Nicrez - nice to see you back! I was worried about you.
9.gif
Glad you found a new course for your life and hope all works out. What kind of profession were you in previously? Oh, and your new Tiffany necklace is beautiful! Are you wanting three kids? LOL Quick tip - stock up Xanax NOW!

Michelle

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Michelle! Also nice to hear from you! As for RedEnvelope. I own nothing from them either. I personally thought most of their stuff was a bit overspriced for what you get (quality-wsie) My friend has used them often and always complains

The engraved items were a bit of a stretch as I know few people who would want engraved items, and the times I do need something like that, I definately don't have the time to catalogue shop or shop on-line. At least not having it sent to NY....

I'd pop into a Things Remembered, or just buy something somewhere else (like a local small shop) and have a local engraver take care of it, get plants from a nursery, or jewelery from a jeweler, or just go to Pottery Barn or something and SEE the quality I buy.

As for three kids, we are having the "discussion" as he wants two and two alone. Our friend has said that the AVERAGE price per child a month is $3000, all inclusive of food, medical, schooling, etc... So, he is worried about quality of life with three kids. Two in his opinion will keep us all more comfortable and allow for us to pay for their schooling and toys, etc... then again, he was spoiled ROTTEN as a child of two, going to private schools and boarding school, so me, with the three kids in my family, I think we were raised just spoiled enough, but not too much that I got a pony when I demanded it...still waiting for it though...
2.gif
9.gif

I say, I'll take what God gives me, be it one or four... but honestly, after the third, I'd have my man fixed. Four would be PAINFUL in every way. Three will be my upper limit, but a big family is just so wonderful to have that noise and companionship and all...

Any place you know to get some cheap Xanax...considering we'll be poor and crazy...?

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 6/14/2004 2:06:06 PM Nicrez wrote:

Our friend has said that the AVERAGE price per child a month is $3000, all inclusive of food, medical, schooling, etc...

----------------
um, maybe in mid-town mahattan with private school, etc... for a more normal lifestyle, that sounds highly excessive. i have two kids and third on the way, and i'd say they cost me, total, no more than a grand extra a month, if that--and i live in a fairly expensive area of the country.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Nic, it's nice to see you back! Was wondering where you were. What would it be like around here without Radiant Girl!

Jennifer, Where's the picture of the ten stacked rings? How about ten stacked bands with a cross on top?

Michelle, Red envelope does have nice stuff. We received a package and it very nicely packaged. I noticed and I'm not really into that kind of stuff.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Noobs, are you making fun of me?
2.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 6/14/2004 3:58:33 PM Jennifer5973 wrote:

Noobs, are you making fun of me?
2.gif

----------------
Of course not
6.gif
. I've just never seen so much bling in one place and I thought is was cool the last time. An update picture is due!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
1.gif
The sad thing, Noobie, is that I have beent trying to get them all to stay upright in a stack...I got a couple shots but they didn't come out so hot...I'm on it--I will post the grand finale once I get a decent pic!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The funny thing about engraving is I never did it before at all. I did Things Remembered a few times but I don't like their items and buying an item somewhere and taking it to another, not my style and too much work.

But RE makes it so easy, it's $5 and they do a great job. So Greg now has something like 4 monogrammed items, he loves his initials on things so that makes it easy for me. I just ordered my dad the watch case and a matching leather dresser valet for his change, etc.

For me I adore RE because of their classy red box (no cheesy wrapping here!) which you can re-use, their fast shipping (3 days max to me here in California and shipping is only $8 regardless of what you buy), the super cool mix of items they have for EVERYONE, and their abundance of coupons makes it much cheaper.

There are some items from them I would never buy. But for every item that is expensive, there is another that is really reasonable for what it is. I also buy alot of their sale items for last-minute gifts (e.g. load up and keep them around the house).

I'm also super lazy in terms of *going* shopping, I do 90% of my shopping online anyway. Oh and lastly the quality of their stuff is actually pretty good. I've been impressed with more than one item in the past (e.g $20 photo frame magnets for mother's day for grandma went over super well and they are very heavy and well-made!).

Oh, and Michelle when I said everyone has something from them, I meant in my family and friends arena, a few of us love RE and so pretty much everyone has an item or two from them!
1.gif
They are a SF company as well so I like to support them.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Red Envelope is great! I've ordered stuff from them now and again, and their products are cool. But what's even better is that their customer service is excellent. I had ordered an engraved jewelry box (turned out great) and 3 photo albums. The albums were also engraved, and they shipped out really quickly. It all arrived in the same box, which probably was the problem, and the albums' edges and corners were really damaged. I called RE right away and they were very apologetic and accommodating. They sent me replacements that same day, which I received only a few days later, and they also sent a pre-paid label, which was a nice touch considering sending back 3 albums would've been pricey. They also sent the replacements without even asking me to return the damaged ones first. So I would say their customer service has kept me loyal to them!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
As for three kids, we are having the 'discussion' as he wants two and two alone. Our friend has said that the AVERAGE price per child a month is $3000, all inclusive of food, medical, schooling, etc... So, he is worried about quality of life with three kids. Two in his opinion will keep us all more comfortable and allow for us to pay for their schooling and toys, etc... then again, he was spoiled ROTTEN as a child of two, going to private schools and boarding school, so me, with the three kids in my family, I think we were raised just spoiled enough, but not too much that I got a pony when I demanded it...still waiting for it though...
2.gif
9.gif

I say, I'll take what God gives me, be it one or four... but honestly, after the third, I'd have my man fixed. Four would be PAINFUL in every way. Three will be my upper limit, but a big family is just so wonderful to have that noise and companionship and all...

Any place you know to get some cheap Xanax...considering we'll be poor and crazy...?----------------

Three thousand is A LOT to spend per child. Of course how much you spend on your kids really depends upon how much you make. Our kids cost a lot mostly due to organic milk, organic food, and over priced stride rite shoes
1.gif
Mine are not in school, but still they must cost us a fortune, however NOT 3K. lol (when we had just one, he had a killer wardrobe, but after our second was born, I realized it was a waste to spend so much on clothes when they outgrow them w/in three months - now we just shop old navy for their toddler clothes.)

Good luck with your future family and many fertile wishes your way
1.gif
lol Two is a geat number for us, but we're not having any more. Two boys, especially, are entirely more work and energy depleting than I ever realized they could be. We just invested in a REAL espresso maker as it was the only way we could keep our eyes open as long as is necessary to make sure our kids aren't either climbing up on the counters to organize the knifes or running out in the streets chasing after the squirrels.
9.gif

Oh, and we get our Xanax in generic form from Costco! It's $10 for 40 1 mg pills. hehehehe Unfortunetly, the makers have yet to develop a kid version!
9.gif

Michelle

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
----------------

We just invested in a REAL espresso maker as it was the only way we could keep our eyes open as long as is necessary to make sure our kids aren't either climbing up on the counters to organize the knifes or running out in the streets chasing after the squirrels.
9.gif

Oh, and we get our Xanax in generic form from Costco! It's $10 for 40 1 mg pills. hehehehe Unfortunetly, the makers have yet to develop a kid version!
9.gif

----------------

That is hysterical--God bless you!
1.gif

daboyzmomi

Shiny_Rock
Oh wait Michelle, you forgot about when they climb up the plum tree, tie their shoelace to a branch then hang upside down like the human pinata. Or when they decide Destin is just entirely too much fun to play with, why only use it for diaper purposes, it looks so much better all over mommies new comforter. Or when they want to make you a candle so they put a plastic bowl on top of their lamp and put crayons in it to melt down, sweet little boyz are so great aren't they!
2.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 6/15/2004 9:33:01 PM MichelleCarmen wrote:

----------------

We just invested in a REAL espresso maker as it was the only way we could keep our eyes open as long as is necessary to make sure our kids aren't either climbing up on the counters to organize the knifes or running out in the streets chasing after the squirrels.
9.gif

Michelle----------------

ROFL! I think we've seen the impact of the expresso machine a few times.
9.gif

mrmcpa

Rough_Rock
I would love to go back to my children's toddler days. A $25 outfit and a $10 toy was major score for them.
9.gif
Now they are 15 and almost 18 and want things like sports cars (no they got the old family taurus
11.gif
), plasma TV's and top of the line stereo equipment. I find myself repeating my father, "how does it feel to want??" They are by no means "spoiled" but they certainly aren't hurting for things. Now that the oldest is working, he's seeing just how far the almighty dollar doesn't go.
9.gif

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 6/16/2004 1:17:57 PM daboyzmomi wrote:

Oh wait Michelle, you forgot about when they climb up the plum tree, tie their shoelace to a branch then hang upside down like the human pinata. Or when they decide Destin is just entirely too much fun to play with, why only use it for diaper purposes, it looks so much better all over mommies new comforter. Or when they want to make you a candle so they put a plastic bowl on top of their lamp and put crayons in it to melt down, sweet little boyz are so great aren't they!
2.gif

----------------
or decide that construction paper is insufficient for their artistic purposes and instead draw all over their face with permanent markers.
sick.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
----------------
or decide that construction paper is insufficient for their artistic purposes and instead draw all over their face with permanent markers.
sick.gif

----------------[/quote]

Just their faces? Mine took off their clothes and colored each other top to bottom in black permanent sharpie pen and then colored all over the kitchen cabinets
sad.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 6/18/2004 2:20:48 PM MichelleCarmen wrote:

----------------
----------------
sick.gif

----------------

Just their faces? Mine took off their clothes and colored each other top to bottom in black permanent sharpie pen and then colored all over the kitchen cabinets
sad.gif

----------------[/quote]

Ouch...sandpaper comes to mind!
6.gif
cry.gif

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 6/17/2004 4:27:09 PM CaptAubrey wrote:

----------------
sick.gif

----------------[/quote]

One year,upon our return from our annual trip to Colorado, our son made us a mural of the rocky mountains. It took up most of the living room wall. Before you ask "but where were his parents? Where is the supervision?" This is a child who NEVER colored on anything except paper. He had been coloring happily on paper for MONTHS!

When the range was discovered and the child was asked "What is wrong with this situation?" His response was "It's only orange? It needs blue too since those are Broncos colors."

Oy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results