shape
carat
color
clarity

tiffany question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icey

Rough_Rock
will they give you detailed specs( crown and pav angles) if asked or does one only get when purchased?if even then

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Most places don't have the specs to give you because most consumers aren't savvy enough to ask. Many will contend that such minute details aren't needed to make a decision. Others will give you a visual estimate of things like table and depth %.

If you want all the numbers you'll need a Sarin report (or the like). I don't know how many Sarin machines are out there, but not too many. I guess all you can do is ask and give the vendor the chance to get the info for you.

R/A

icey

Rough_Rock
thanks for the info!anybody out there have experience w/ tiffany?do they provide this info?if not what visual numbers can i look for to get a decent ring(table,depth?)

tweddy

Rough_Rock
tiffanys provides you with a sarin report when you make a serious attempt to buy a diamond ring. (at least here in Detroit - Troy)

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Tiffany's diamond certificate provides the depth and table percentages, as well as the crown agle and pavilion depth percentage (among other info.)

They keep the certs in NYC, but I asked them to fax me a copy of the cert for the diamond I was interested in. They were somewhat surprised, but very professional and accomodating and said that it would be no problem. It was good for them - I plugged the specs into the HCA and got 1.5, which was nice considering I'd already fallen for the diamond.

Over the course of 4 or 5 weeks I had them ordering (and holding) several rings - all under a carat - so it's not as if they were only obliging me because I was some kind of millionaire. I found the staff and the whole buying experience just wonderful.

Hope that helps! Good luck with your search.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results