shape
carat
color
clarity

*~*Tiffany Novo*~*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I just wanted to post a pic of this new ring from Tiffany. It''s called the "Tiffany Novo" and the new cut is exclusive to Tiffany. It looks like a cushion, but the article says it has "unique faceting" which gives it a more modern look. I love it!! I''m a cushion fan, & for some reason the Legacy didn''t do it for me. I wonder when they will have pics on their website...
30.gif

TiffanyNovo02555520.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cool!!!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Umm, hello. have we met before?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks like a H&A square with the crown facets rotated 1/2 notch so there are no corner kite facets but two kite facets per side.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 11:22:50 PM
Author: JulieN
Umm, hello. have we met before?

~~I know!!! Isn''t it gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey that 4 prong eternity setting looks kinda familiar! hehe.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2007 1:29:40 AM
Author: Mara
No way mara!! yours is better.

Pearberry

Rough_Rock
Hey blingdiva:

You are the best! I have been looking for a picture of the Novo!! You are the celebrity-tiffany search engine!!! Good work!!!

Thanks again...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks a lot like GOG''s square hearts and arrows diamonds!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2007 3:08:22 AM
Author: Pearberry
Hey blingdiva:

You are the best! I have been looking for a picture of the Novo!! You are the celebrity-tiffany search engine!!! Good work!!!

Thanks again...

~~Thanks...this is actually a scan from Town & Country Weddings magazine...I''ve had the pic for a while, I just never scanned it!! I want this ring now!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently saw about a dozen of them in person at Tif''s 5th Ave. store and I wasn''t crazy about them - they seemed a bit sleepy in the middle of the stone and only sparkled around the edges.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll be curious to see what it looks like in person...will have to stroll into Tiff''s and see.
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2007 1:52:33 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 2/7/2007 1:29:40 AM
Author: Mara
No way mara!! yours is better.
lol honestly i thought so too, that looks like kind of a metally-heavy kind of ring for Tiffany. i would never look at that image and guess it''s a Tiffany ring. they typically seem so much more fluid.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/7/2007 9:44:16 AM
Author: bling*diva*

Hey blingdiva:

Thanks again...

~~Thanks...this is actually a scan from Town & Country Weddings magazine...I''ve had the pic for a while, I just never scanned it!! I want this ring now!!!
30.gif
30.gif
bling diva, is this the mention in T&C where T&C proclaims it as A Cut Above ???????

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I agree, doesn''t look especially Tiffany-esque to me... although I LOVE it! Love the band and LOVE the arrows! (Although someone else [from my real life!] said they saw it, too, and it wasn''t the dazzler you''d expect.) But that''s second hand, I haven''t seen it in person myself.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2007 1:19:37 PM
Author: Ann
Date: 2/7/2007 9:44:16 AM

Author: bling*diva*

Hey blingdiva:

Thanks again...

30.gif
30.gif

bling diva, is this the mention in T&C where T&C proclaims it as A Cut Above ???????

~~It was that article!!! I think T&C was just using "A Cut Above" as the title of the article though...I want to see one in person now!! I thought the same thing about it having a lot of metal for a Tiffany ring...I wonder if that''s b/c the pic is so close-up that you see all the detail. Can anyone chime in (who has seen this same ring in Tiff''s) to say whether it was metal-ly (?) in person as well??

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 11:14:19 PM
Author:bling*diva*
~~I just wanted to post a pic of this new ring from Tiffany. It''s called the ''Tiffany Novo'' and the new cut is exclusive to Tiffany. It looks like a cushion, but the article says it has ''unique faceting'' which gives it a more modern look. I love it!! I''m a cushion fan, & for some reason the Legacy didn''t do it for me. I wonder when they will have pics on their website...
30.gif
Interesting. I went to Tiffs to scout the Schlumberger 4 rope ring I have been coveting and while there I had a good look at those Novos. The SA told me that it was not a proprietary cut, maybe she was not really informed.

They did look just like the photo you posted, an almost round cushion. In fact in the smaller stones you had to do a second look cause at first glance it did look like a round!

They were nice, but not knocking my socks off. Something for variety at Tiffany I guess.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
If you were still wondering, The Novo is a lower end setting for the diverification of the market. They are carrying the Novo as of March in most large stores, and only NY had had it''s first roll out. The cushion cut they are using is NOT proprietary, but is manufacturered with a certain pattern specified. Mattor of fact there will be some on the market that have a slightly different pattern, where the kite facets are NOT on the corners, but those are the initial stones cut at 1ct or under. The setting is the most unimpressive I have ever seen roll out of TCO, but the concept is a good one. If only they could put the Cushion cut into the Legacy setting, then they might actually have a winning combo.

By the way, the stones are not specifically all cut dead in the center. If you are looking at the larger size stones (which is what is on the market as of now, to induce excitement), they will be cut deeper to retain ct size, so that''s why the standards might be more lax. The smaller stones that will be coming out months from now will likely be more alive and a much better specimen to drool over. But don''t expect sattelite stores to carry enough for V-Day shopping...

pinkie621

Rough_Rock
I saw this in the store (white plains) and was pleasantly surprised. I expected the stone to be too high and the ring to be big and scary per TCO''s website...
Can anyone explain the pattern on the band though? Why so much carving?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results